Rate Dr. George G. Stokes

Dr. George G. Stokes's Ratings

I have been going to Northcoasg OBGYN for a few years before I got pregnant with my baby. Since I was already a patient I set up an appt with Dr Stokes because they told me that Dr Mihalik no longer did deliveries.
I highly recommend Dr Stokes as an OB to anyone who is pregnant. I had quite a smooth delivery. He took a hands off approach and didn't do a lot of unnecessary procedures, which I am thankful for. My whole labor and delivery experience was wonderful. He came in and you can tell he's done it a lot. I delivered a healthy baby.
The staff is ok, but I think that that certain staff members to get things better organized. When I gave them a change of address, they never updated my address and I was receiving bills at my old address, and had no idea. I certainly wouldn't blame Dr Stokes for that.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

Horrible experience. The doctor told me to go to the hospital. I was admitted and he never came to check on me or my baby after my 2 night stay. The nurse paged him multiple times and he didn't respond until the next day. He then gave orders to discharge me without even examining me. I am now still in pain and left searching for a new OB/GYN at 31 weeks. Very unprofessional and cruel honestly.

Submitted July 24, 2014 | flag

EXCELLENT Dr. I cannot say enough good things! Delivered all 3 of my daughters, first one was an emergency situation, the nurses came in and said if Dr. Stokes doesn't make it we are taking baby via c section with dr. on call... I cannot tell you the amount of relief and happiness I had at the sight of Dr. Stokes coming in.. Just knowing he was the one in charge. Very friendly awesome dr.!

Submitted Dec. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Stokes is very knowledgeable and has an amazing bedside manner. I was very uncomfortable and frightened after learning that he would have to preform surgery to deal with something, I was terrified. He made me at ease by explaining the procedure that he would be doing, giving me options for dealing with fertility for after the surgery and even had me laughing by the time the initial appointment was over. When the surgery was over and I was in recovery, he met with my nervous husband to update him on my progress. My husband even said that Dr. Stokes was wonderful. I have recommended him to every woman I know in this area. I am happy to have him as my doctor.

Submitted April 21, 2011 | flag

Great doctor-very helpful, takes his time with you and answers all questions honestly. Not always punctual, but worth the wait.

Submitted June 22, 2010 | flag

He is the best doctor ever! Will recommend him to everyone and anyone! Very professional and helpful and knowledgable! Akway willing to adress any issue or concern that you have!

Submitted Dec. 19, 2006 | flag