Rate Dr. David P. Adkison

Dr. David P. Adkison's Ratings

I had shoulder surgery with him with great success and no problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2012

Dr. Adkison is AMAZING!! I would highly recommend him to anyone with shoulder problems! He fixed what another doc BOTCHED on my 20 year old daughter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2011

Knowledgeable; had hard time getting responses from staff, but he is very personable and warm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2011

I had been through two surgeries by Dr. Sorrell (Brookwood Hospital). The first surgery was ACL replacement in 2006 then he scoped my knee in 2009. The knee scope failed (also a result of failed ACL replacement) and I was left in significant pain and was unable to run. Dr. Sorrell told me I am not made for running. I was 20 years old at the time and competing in triathlons. So I turned to Dr. Adkison who performed an ACL replacement in Dec of 2009 and I am back to being active. His surgery techniques are less invasive than other techniques which aids the patient in the healing process. He also repaired my sisters shoulder. I would recommended him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Dr. Adkinson is absolutely excellent! He repaired two meniscus tears, removed scar tissue and implanted a donor tendon in my husband's knee. He had been in pain for years and went through several doctors before finding Dr. Adkinson. The other doctors had basically said "there's nothing we can do, go home and take ibuprofen." Thanks to Dr. Adkinson, my husband is no longer in pain and has full use of his knee...no longer limps, etc. I thank Dr.Adkinson for giving my husband his life back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010

I had torn meniscus in knee operated on and was extremely pleased with his manner and ability. If i ever need knee or shoulder work he is definitely where i will go. My only semi-complaint is that I had to call his nurse much later about something & she told me that I would have to have knee replacement surgery later. I'd rather she tell me to come in in several months for follow up and have him tell me and explain as this scares me a lot. She probably wasn't sure whether I knew, or quite what to do. My knee gets stiff and sometimes swells a little or hurts a little if I stay in same position too long. I had not noticed this before surgery. When I told the nurse she told me that anytime they go into your knee it is more likely to have further problems or something similiar to this. I don't think the dr told me this before the surgery but I would probably have done surgery anyway, he has such a great reputation. St. Vincents outpatient surgery was very good also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Dr. A. is the most incredible surgeon. He has done surgery on all of my family and all us have had great success. He is kind, caring and a very skilled surgeon. His staff is incredible, especially, Tammy. We actually have him on speed dial on all of our cell phones because we have a very active family. We have been using him since he first came to Birmingham. Can't say enough good things about him. I would not let anyone one else perform surgery, especially some of the other "sports medicine" doctors who are way over rated. Dr. A. is the best!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

I absolutely love Dr. Adkison and his team! I had torn my labrum over time (I am only 28!) and was starting to have pain. From day one, Dr. Adkison assured me that this was an easy procedure(also giving me other options)and explained everything to me in full detail! I had never had surgery, so as you can imagine I had 1 million questions. And he was right.....I had outpatient surgery...a labral repair/AC resection arthroscopy. I was not in any pain AT ALL!!! And rehab has been wonderful. I am ready to do my other shoulder....he is so good!! Dr. Adkison is a very caring and personable doctor.....as well as knowledgeable. He is a warm and compassionate doctor, and I would refer ANYONE to him! I feel great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2007

In the past 5 years Dr. Adkison has done partial knee replacements on both my knees. After a fell while bowling it was necessary to remove the partial right knee and do a total knee replacement. On 3/15/07 Dr. Adkison repaired a large rotator cuff tear and put my left shoulder back together after another fall. Before the 1st knee surgery I did a lot of research on orthopedic surgeons in the Birmingham area & talked to a lot of people with replacements by different physicians. Dr. Adkison was highly recommended by everyone who used him. I found him to be a very caring, professional and knowledgeable person. My recovery time was almost none after each surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007

Dr. Adkison performed a complicated shoulder surgery on my shoulder after I had had shoulder surgery that failed by Dr. Andrews. He has completely repaired my shoulder so that I can use it. NO other surgeon would have touched it stating it was too complicated.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1763794].votes_count ]]