You may also like

Rate Dr. David P. Adkison

Dr. David P. Adkison's Ratings

Dr Adkison is excellent! Great bed side manner. Excellent orthopedic surgeon. He performed a total TKA on my left knee in mid January 2015. Prior to surgery intense pain limited my activities. Following surgery , pain relief was imediate. Played 18 holes of golf in early April. Now ( June 2015) am enjoying 3 to 4 rounds of golf per week and all grandfather and yard duties. Dr. A. Is excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2843386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Dr. Adkison is the best orthopedic doctor I have ever seen. He did scopes on both of my knees and I haven't had any more problems. Tammy is awesome as well. His staff is great. My only complaint would be their follow-up is the worse. You have to keep calling back before anyone will return my call. Otherwise I will not go to anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Adkison did a reverse total shoulder replacement after Dr. Stephen Cowley had installed a hemicap and removed bone spurs with no success. I was in severe pain and Dr. A looked at xrays and saw problem> Now I have almost full range of motion. And about to replace left shoulder. FANTASTIC Doctor and Staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2732309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I had shoulder surgery with him with great success and no problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2012

Dr. Adkison is AMAZING!! I would highly recommend him to anyone with shoulder problems! He fixed what another doc BOTCHED on my 20 year old daughter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2011

Knowledgeable; had hard time getting responses from staff, but he is very personable and warm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2011

I had been through two surgeries by Dr. Sorrell (Brookwood Hospital). The first surgery was ACL replacement in 2006 then he scoped my knee in 2009. The knee scope failed (also a result of failed ACL replacement) and I was left in significant pain and was unable to run. Dr. Sorrell told me I am not made for running. I was 20 years old at the time and competing in triathlons. So I turned to Dr. Adkison who performed an ACL replacement in Dec of 2009 and I am back to being active. His surgery techniques are less invasive than other techniques which aids the patient in the healing process. He also repaired my sisters shoulder. I would recommended him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1763800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Dr. Adkinson is absolutely excellent! He repaired two meniscus tears, removed scar tissue and implanted a donor tendon in my husband's knee. He had been in pain for years and went through several doctors before finding Dr. Adkinson. The other doctors had basically said "there's nothing we can do, go home and take ibuprofen." Thanks to Dr. Adkinson, my husband is no longer in pain and has full use of his knee...no longer limps, etc. I thank Dr.Adkinson for giving my husband his life back!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1763799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010

I had torn meniscus in knee operated on and was extremely pleased with his manner and ability. If i ever need knee or shoulder work he is definitely where i will go. My only semi-complaint is that I had to call his nurse much later about something & she told me that I would have to have knee replacement surgery later. I'd rather she tell me to come in in several months for follow up and have him tell me and explain as this scares me a lot. She probably wasn't sure whether I knew, or quite what to do. My knee gets stiff and sometimes swells a little or hurts a little if I stay in same position too long. I had not noticed this before surgery. When I told the nurse she told me that anytime they go into your knee it is more likely to have further problems or something similiar to this. I don't think the dr told me this before the surgery but I would probably have done surgery anyway, he has such a great reputation. St. Vincents outpatient surgery was very good also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1763798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Dr. A. is the most incredible surgeon. He has done surgery on all of my family and all us have had great success. He is kind, caring and a very skilled surgeon. His staff is incredible, especially, Tammy. We actually have him on speed dial on all of our cell phones because we have a very active family. We have been using him since he first came to Birmingham. Can't say enough good things about him. I would not let anyone one else perform surgery, especially some of the other "sports medicine" doctors who are way over rated. Dr. A. is the best!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1763797].votes_count ]]