Rate Dr. Rodney R. Gallo

Dr. Rodney R. Gallo's Ratings

I scheduled a quick talking appointment as I wanted to ask the doctor a few things and have him take a quick look at my feet. I did not want exrays or anything other evaluation other than him looking and a quick few questions. When I scheduled the appointment I described what I wanted to the office person. When I asked about cost she waffeled but I did not think that a big deal at the time. My very quick short appointment of about 15-20 minuted was $200, $116 to me and $84 to Midicare which to me very high. I later called 5 area Podiatrists and the charge ran from $45 to $125. The secretary told me the $200 was mandated by insurance carriers for all of Massachusetts which is obviously not true. On talking with the secretary she said the charge varied to the insurance I carried (medicare). It seems like bilking to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

I think Dr. Gallo is a great doctor. However, his staff overbooks him. I have or my daughter has had 3 appointments. For every appointment we have been taken into the examination room, at minimum, a half hour late. The last time we were there, my daughter and I had back to back appointments. When we arrived there was a waiting room full of patients (who said they were already a half hour late).The staff took patients with appointments after ours before us.When I told Dr. Gallo that I had almost left due to the lateness, he seemed shocked. The measurements for my orthotics from this appointment were lost (unclear by whom) and I couldn't bring myself to go back to WAIT and have them redone.My guess is that despite the fact that he is a great doctor he will lose more patients because his office is so poorly run.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2012

This is an old-fashioned, high-touch practice where you are cared for from the moment you walk in. The staff is efficient and exceptionally friendly, but the real reason you're there is for pediatric attention, and the doctor is truly outstanding; he's warm, human, funny, incredibly knowledgeable and articulate, and genuinely caring about at least this patient's foot issues. He was recommended highly to me, and I extend the same recommendation to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2012

I had "Hallux rigidus" which is the medical term for arthritis of the big toe. Very common to people over 50. I could not walk properly as the toe did not bend. First went to a well respected doctor at Mass General. Didn't feel a good connection with him; recommended options etc. Went to Dr. Gallo. Very patient. Took the time to explain the options. Outpatient surgery at Emerson hospital was a breeze. Surgery removed spur, reshaped joint; added additional hardware (screws). Full recovery took awhile (3-4 months). Also created orthodics. The reshaped toe has about 75% the range of motion as on the other foot but four years later, I walk, hike and run normally. Very satisfied.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

Excellent. Very professional from receptionist to Dr. Gallo. He is truly the fest. Highly recommend. Him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2012

love him - he did both my bunion operations, tho i know he did the right one, someone else did the left and its not the same as the right. Having problems, but he is very helpful & listens. Would like to find out who did the left foot - I remember seeing him/hearing a saw right before I went under. Going back to see Dr Gallo soon due to arthiritis on top of foot.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

My daughter had an old ankle injury that recently got much worse. Dr Gallo saw us same day as our call. He took his time to explain the injury and options for recovery. We felt releived after our visit and feel very comfortable with him. I recommend him and she will definately be treated by him. Thank-you Dr Gallo

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2010

The expensive orthotics didn't really help much and almost a year later, i am waiting for a refund check - as i had to pay upfront and the insurance company sent him the claim amount.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2009

He is from the old school where the patient is important. He listens and takes excellent care of his patients.I am a nurse and I have been a patient of his for 10years. I highly recommend him. His assistant is knowledgable and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2005

Had this guy years ago and he really helped me! Great guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137651].votes_count ]]