Rate Dr. Jacquie McCubbin

Dr. Jacquie McCubbin's Ratings

I was very happy with the care I received from Dr. McCubbin. She delivered all 3 of my babies via c sections, tied my tubes, then later did my hysterectomy. My first c section I was under the care of another doctor and she couldn't see me through my c section, so I got the dr that was on call that night. I was thrilled with her care, so I was referred to her for my next pregnancy. She gave me the option of trying a VBAC or having another csection- I chose the later. It was a good thing I did, we found out that my uterus wouldn't have tolerated labour. A few hours after my second csection, I hemorrhaged, and she ran right over to fix me up. She also checked on me several times the rest of the day, and even came in quite late (wasn't on call that night).She was the only one that listened to me when I was having extremely painful periods. I tried everything with no luck. And got to the point I just wanted it gone, she agreed it was the best course of action.I would recommend her to anyone

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

Amazing doctor! She saw me for the majorty of my pregnancy. She was always to the point and didn't waste time just chit chatting and listening to me complain about the sky not being green. (not that I do, but she is very direct). She delivered my baby girl on June 29. I was so happy that she was there as I I was uncomfortable with another doctor delivering my baby. My other half also really like her and her hates doctors! Her staff are awesome too. And we were never kept waiting she was always on time!

Submitted June 9, 2014 | flag

I am from Texas and working on my papers to become legal. Dr Jacquie is amazing. All my friends came to see her too. Her staff is new since all of the bad ratings. I pay 40 per office visit and had to providde them with a 3000 dollar certified cheque since I am not eligible for AHC. I will be going to her for all my babies!! Love her!

Submitted April 28, 2014 | flag

McCubbin put and IUD in for me, She offered me no information about the IUD or when something could be wrong so on my next appointment I made sure to tell her there has been a lot of pain before she checked it and said everything was fine, she wrote me a requisition for an ultrasound two weeks from that appointment and walked out the door without saying anything further. I suffered through the pain for two more weeks. The ultrasound tech noticed the IUD was not only in the wrong spot and ineffective, it was also at risk of perforating an organ if aggravated. McCubbins office was supposed to call me that day; I called the next day and still they haven't looked at my ultrasound. When they finally did the told me exactly what the ultrasound tech said but also couldn't be bothered to fit me in to take it out as McCubbin they were over booked. The Advised me to go to the emergency room. She couldn't be bothered to waste her time warning me,and said everything was fine when it wasn't.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

I don't understand any of the negative ratings for this doctor and staff. Dr McCubbin delivered my daughter 13 years ago and will now deliver my second baby. She is an amazing doctor and her staff is nothing but kind! 5/5 for sure!

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

I think Dr Mccubbin is a great doctor, no nonsense is what I like. Unfortunatley her staff is less than professional. Very rude and short with me on the phone. I realize they are a busy office but they need to learn to be professional.

Submitted April 16, 2013 | flag

Best obstetrician ever!! Always so polite, kind and caring. I can't understand any negative comments about her. Personally I have had an amazing experience with her and truly can't thank her enough. She delivered both of my kids. My first I was nervous about and luckily for me she's got a great sense of humour so to ease my nerves there were lots of jokes being cracked in the delivery room. My second delivery was super quick. I was worried that I would go into labour when she was not on duty and I would have to settle for someone else delivering my baby. But I went overdue and had to be induced. My labour was progressing quicker than I'm sure anyone thought and Dr. McCubbin rushed very quickly from her office to deliver our baby. Her intern started the delivery but when my LO's shoulder got stuck coming out Dr. McCubbin intervened, took over the delivery and got my girl out safe and sound. Her nurse Margie is also amazing!!

Submitted March 26, 2013 | flag

Dr.McCubbin is an excellent obstetrician. I'm 6 and a half months pregnant, Had switched from another doctor who was terrible. She's super nice and asks you questions about how you are feeling. Rather than most doctors who just want you in and out. She listens to any questions you have ,checks anything you may be worried about.The staff are super knowledgable and helpful as well. Any future pregnancies will definitely be with her.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013 | flag

I have thought long and hard about writing this, so I sincerely hope it will be read. Visit after visit with Dr.McCubbin, I grew more and more impressed. She was usually on time and very knowledgable. She took the time to answer all my questions. I thought she was the best. That is, until my last visit at 39 weeks pregnant. She said she was going to do an internal check but instead, she did what is referred to as a 'stretch and sweep' or 'membrane sweep'. For some women, this is only uncomfortable. For me, it was extremely painful and I am not a wimp. I went into labour later that night. I had a healthy pregnancy and there was no reason for her to perform this natural induction method. I later learned many OB/GYN's won't even do these as they can introduce infection. It was wrong of her to not ask me permission first or even let me know. At the delivery she also broke my water without telling me and the nurse apologized to me for it. She betrayed my trust in her. Beware.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2013 | flag

I really cannot understand any negative comments about Dr. McCubbin, she is an amazing obstetrician. Like someone said previously, she is very busy, so her appointments are very short, but if you have any concerns she will take the time to talk with you, but if your baby is healthy, you get to go on with your day very quickly, it's awesome. She delivered my first baby and he was on time, but we did not know that he had a rare bone disease, and we were rushed for an emergency c-section. Dr. McCubbin had my little boy out in under a minute, and he would have died if it wasn't for her quick thinking. He is now a healthy little boy, and I highly recommend her.

Submitted March 12, 2012 | flag