Rate Dr. Joseph D. Sutton

Dr. Joseph D. Sutton's Ratings

Dr. Sutton would not look at my rash because of religious reasons and I was still charged $100. Ladies, if you have a skin problem anywhere under your clothes, he will most likely be extremely unprofessional and not look for the sake of not getting turned on. Don't deal with this.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2014 | flag

Have been a regular for years.DrvSutton has always been courteous and professional.Staff are also friendly and helpful.With my Irish skin,I see him a lot!

Submitted March 17, 2012 | flag

Missed the diagnosis of MRSA. On top of that, he called me worrier. Enough said.

Submitted March 23, 2009 | flag

I am of African descent with light brown skin. I am also the AVP of a bank and I’m completing my Master’s at NJIT. I visited Dr. Sutton after being diagnosed with Milia. He examined me and said maybe some type of acid could remove them. I asked him “no scaring?” and he assured me no scars. Then he said that he needed to take a biopsy to check for cancer. I have no family traits for cancer and I have never sun-bathed. I thought maybe he was going to use NAB or maybe a needle to remove some of the boils. I was asked to lie down and close my eyes. The anesthesia was administered, I felt some pulling and a band-aid was placed on my cheek. I was shocked when I removed the band-aid to see that he had removed a triangular size piece of flesh from my face and left me with a ¼” inch gaping scar under my eye. The psychological toll is immense. I often wonder if he would have done this to his own son. I do not have cancer, and pray that his next patient will have a more pleasant experience.

Submitted March 20, 2009 | flag

My family has been seeing Dr. Sutton for several years now. He is always very helpful and polite.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2007 | flag

Made diagnosis without looking at extent and location of my skin rash--I had to ask him to look. His demeanor caused me to feel very uneasy, uncomfortable, and defensive: did not greet me upon entering room, asked very personal questions with door open (I had to ask him to close door), stated that I had wasted his time.

Submitted June 22, 2007 | flag

This doctor's office seemed like a deli. There were a ton of patients all scheduled close to each other and the doctor relied upon nurses to take histories and write prescriptions. As a result, he spent less than 1 minute in the exam room and completely dismissed my concerns. It was truly like a deli..."now serving"...not a very caring environment. The doctor doesn't even do full skin exams like most thorough dermatologists would. A waste of time and money.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2006 | flag