Rate Dr. Joseph D. Sutton

Dr. Joseph D. Sutton's Ratings

Have been a regular for years.DrvSutton has always been courteous and professional.Staff are also friendly and helpful.With my Irish skin,I see him a lot!

Submitted March 17, 2012 | flag

Missed the diagnosis of MRSA. On top of that, he called me worrier. Enough said.

Submitted March 23, 2009 | flag

I am of African descent with light brown skin. I am also the AVP of a bank and I’m completing my Master’s at NJIT. I visited Dr. Sutton after being diagnosed with Milia. He examined me and said maybe some type of acid could remove them. I asked him “no scaring?” and he assured me no scars. Then he said that he needed to take a biopsy to check for cancer. I have no family traits for cancer and I have never sun-bathed. I thought maybe he was going to use NAB or maybe a needle to remove some of the boils. I was asked to lie down and close my eyes. The anesthesia was administered, I felt some pulling and a band-aid was placed on my cheek. I was shocked when I removed the band-aid to see that he had removed a triangular size piece of flesh from my face and left me with a ¼” inch gaping scar under my eye. The psychological toll is immense. I often wonder if he would have done this to his own son. I do not have cancer, and pray that his next patient will have a more pleasant experience.

Submitted March 20, 2009 | flag

My family has been seeing Dr. Sutton for several years now. He is always very helpful and polite.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2007 | flag

Made diagnosis without looking at extent and location of my skin rash--I had to ask him to look. His demeanor caused me to feel very uneasy, uncomfortable, and defensive: did not greet me upon entering room, asked very personal questions with door open (I had to ask him to close door), stated that I had wasted his time.

Submitted June 22, 2007 | flag

This doctor's office seemed like a deli. There were a ton of patients all scheduled close to each other and the doctor relied upon nurses to take histories and write prescriptions. As a result, he spent less than 1 minute in the exam room and completely dismissed my concerns. It was truly like a deli..."now serving"...not a very caring environment. The doctor doesn't even do full skin exams like most thorough dermatologists would. A waste of time and money.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2006 | flag