Dr. Michael Harshbarger

Rate Dr. Michael Harshbarger

Dr. Michael Harshbarger's Ratings

Great group of assistants and super doctors!! I would recommend this office to anyone!

Submitted Oct. 22, 2012 | flag

Gone to him my whole life, and he always goes above and beyond what he is required to do, and he is always very professional. I wouldn't trust my teeth to anyone else.

Submitted June 15, 2012 | flag

Dr. Harshbarger is the most kind, compassionate dentist that I've ever met. He has come in on weekends and late at night to work on my family and me. His technology is better than anyone in the area and he makes a effort to stay educated. His manner is one of caring and removing the fear of going to the dentist, one of the most stressful events in a person's life. Keep up the great work Dr. Mike!

Submitted April 12, 2012 | flag

The only problem i have is that he pinches my arm while working on my teeth

Submitted May 24, 2011 | flag

I had a dental implant and he messed up the crown. He filed it down to nothing and my bite if off. I kept going back to try and get it fixed, but he kept acting like I was crazy and his staff acted like I was just trying to cause trouble when I wanted was to have a functional tooth. He took impressions twice and the crown he put in had to be filed to nothing. Now I have a terrible taste in my mouth and am afraid to go to anyone else or back to him. I do not know what I am going to do. He acted impatient and short fused with me. It was a terrible experience.

Submitted April 21, 2011 | flag

This previous post sounds insane. I'm 100% positive that its content is a complete misrepresentation or flat out lie. I've been treated by Dr. Harshbarger since I was a little girl as has the rest of my family. Yes, he's interested in chatting casually and/or being friendly while treating patients, no that does not make him a creep as the previous poster would have you believe. He or she clearly has a vendetta because a tooth that had to be filled had to be removed later. This is not unheard of. It amazes me when people use the internet as a way to defame the character of others with no accountability, and its nothing short of cyber bullying. What's next, accusing your dry cleaner of assault because he couldn't get the spot out of your shirt?

Submitted April 14, 2011 | flag

I've been coming to Mike since I was a kid, so I know him and his practice very well. My wife, four children and I work with orphans in the bush of Africa, so we only make it back to the States every couple of years. Mike and his staff go OUT OF THEIR WAY to get us all in there quickly, showing great care and concern for our dental needs. His staff is kind, caring, and genuinely interested in us. They are professional, yet very friendly~ what you hope to find in a West Virginia practice! My young children LOVE Mike, as he is wonderful at loosening them up, making them laugh, and providing them a very positive dental experience. Mike treats my wife and I with care and respect, something I am always so thankful for. He works hard to stay up to date on the latest technology and practices, is very knowledgeable, funny (yet professional), and he works both thoroughly and quickly (something I'm always thankful for!). I would highly recommend Mike and his staff to anyone.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2010 | flag

An old-fashioned dentist who keeps up on modern dentistry. I once told him my spouse had an infected tooth that was "killing him". Dr. Mike's response, "How long will it take you to get to the office?" If he runs behind, it is because he is working in dental emergencies. His medical staff is great. His receptionist is so rude and bad, that I once said if I had not been coming to his office over 30 years, I'd never have gone back. Dr. Mike now allows payments on time. You don't have to pay it all at once. Once a week he donates time at nursing home. From a family of doctors, he did not get out of VietNam service. He is a combat Veteran and comes from a fine old West/Virginia family. 3 generations of his family have been treating 5 generations of my family. SUPER GREAT DENTIST~!!!!!

Submitted April 12, 2010 | flag

Great doctor whom is always helpful in anyway! Always keeps you laughing and feeling good (although when does it feel good to go to the dentist). I never know when he puts the needle in to numb and I like that because I don't like needles.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2007 | flag

After getting a filling, the tooth started hurting less than a week later. Come to find out, it needed to actually be pulled. Could he not see that when he filled it? Also, he was more concerned about personal details of my life than my teeth. Very touchy-feely kind of guy. He made me extremely uncomfortable. Even rubbed my shoulders a little and asked me to stand up and face away from him so he could check my spine. Said that this had a direct effect on your teeth. That's a load of bull biscuits if I ever heard one! DO NOT recommend this jerk to anyone. He still charged me almost $200 for the filling in the tooth that had to be pulled less than a week later!!

Submitted Dec. 15, 2006 | flag