Rate Dr. Daniel R. Brennan

Dr. Daniel R. Brennan's Ratings

Very thorough, gentle and kind pediatrician. Surpised by any negative comments. Have known Dr. B to be very thorough and conservative with his approach. Seems to take extra precautions whenever necessary. Would highly recommend - especially to new parents who are looking for a breastfeeding-friendly doc who specializes in newborn care. Staff and office are fun too :)

Submitted Aug. 22, 2013 | flag

My daughter had been a patient of Dr. Brennan's since birth. I really liked him until he dismissed my concerns that my daughter had a kidney infection. He said that while I brought up a valid point- testing for it could be stressful for her. While I appreciated his concern for her-what would be the alternative? I was admant about the test and 15 mins later the test came back positive. She now has 1 functioning kidney due to that infection and I often wonder what would have happened if I hadn't insisted that day. As parents we may not know every medical diagnosis but we do know when our kids are not themselves. Doctors should use this info to aid them in the care of their patients.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2013 | flag

A+++!!! Nothing but great experiences with Dr. Dan and his office. Very personable and takes his time with us. Very popular kids doc for a reason...

Submitted July 31, 2013 | flag

Terrible experience. My daughter was hospitalized for unexplained tonic clinic violent seizures (no fever) 3 days after dtap. She also had a combo of the stomach flu at the time, we didn't know as there were no symptoms. I told Dr Brennan that I didn't want to continue with that vaccination as the CDC says that if your child experiences passing out from a seizure within a week of getting the vaccine don't get it again. My daughter had 3 and was hospitalized and he was pushy on giving her the shot. I expressed sincere concerns and didn't schedule the shot and he dismissed us as his patient via a letter. Why would we want to give her that vaccine when she had violent (non febrile) seizures and hospitalized for 4 days? Felt Dr Brennan was being unreasonable and not properly assessing my daughter's health risks. Samsun on the overhand was very supportive and confirmed that Dr B has a negative history with these types of cases. They urged me to file paperwork against him but I didn't.

Submitted June 6, 2013 | flag

I wonder why there are so many previous comments that have been automatically removed? I love the nurses, but this doctor is never available when my child is seriously sick. Now my child has a serious medical condition due to this doctor not taking action when I tried to speak to him about a concern during a physical/annual check-up!

Submitted March 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Dan is a very personable pediatrician who really gets to know his patients well. He is always patient and he adresses all of our concerns at each visit. We love him because he is kind and practices traditional evidence-based medicine instead of "anecdotal" medicine. There is a reason why the Santa Barbara Breast Feeding Coalition named him the "Best Pediatrician" in Santa Barbara.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2011 | flag

My children have had some health issues over the years, but when I have brought any of my concerns to Dr. Brennan, he has dismissed them every time. Whenever I disagree with him he tries to make me look stupid, but I think he does this to deflect attention away from his ignorance. He is familiar only with traditional medicine and puts down alternative approaches. He would probably be a fine doctor for those who completely trust traditional methods and have no ideas of their own. Personally, I have found Dr. Brennan to be patronizing and arrogant. To my recollection, he has never helped us with any of our problems. What's the point of going to a doctor!

Submitted Sept. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Brennan is the best pediatrician and I refer all of my friends to take their children to him. He always answers all your questions and never makes you feel rushed. He is also extremely kind and sensitive towards your kids. Great doc!

Submitted June 12, 2010 | flag

Dr. Brennan has a great website www.sbpediatrics.com Lots of helpful tips and articles that he has written.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2009 | flag

Dr. Brennan has been my son's ped. since birth and has always gone over and above in every situation. I once called because my son had some spots on his hands and feet. Dr. Brennan came in immediately on his day off to rule out a dangerous blood disorder! He is also a lactation specialist and helped me through a difficult time soon after my son's birth. There have been times where I've waited a few extra minutes. but I always know that this is because another parent has a sicker child than mine and count my blessings my child is healthy! I know that others have waited before so that Dr. Brennan could see my child and I would hope that others would understand and not be petty. The doctor's office has many toys and seats. all of which are lovingly used, but not dirty, the receptionists are ALWAYS nice and helpful, nurses are extremely knowledgable and go above and beyond to ensure my son is as comfortable as possible. I am pregnant again and Dr. Brennan will be this child's doctor!

Submitted Feb. 22, 2007 | flag