Rate Dr. Kevin J. Egan

Dr. Kevin J. Egan's Ratings

The moment I met Dr. Egan he took a personal interest in me as a patient not a pathology. During subsequent visits to plan the procedure, a tenodesis, he was incredibly attentive to my every question and concern. He treated me with respect and as a partner in planning the procedure. Dr. Egan is a self-confident man with a sense of humility. He was never dismissive, arrogant or condescending. I asked: What outcome could I reasonably expect? Although he had warned me that a surgeon could never guarantee success I could reasonably expect that it would be the same as it was before. Six months later, my strength and appearance had virtually returned to pre-trauma conditions. Dr. Egan even took care to place the scar strategically in the folds of my skin so that it is practically invisible. I am tremendously grateful to Dr. Egan and his wonderful staff. Dr. Egan is an extraordinary surgeon and a fine person; I would recommend Dr. Egan to anyone who is in need of superior orthopedic services.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. Egan misdiagnosed me. He never asked for x-rays nor an MRI to be done and diagnosed me as having a muscle spasm. When I questioned him and asked why he didn't think I had a herniated disc and what the symptoms to that would be, he rudely replied "the symptoms you do not have." He sent me to physical therapy. After three sessions of physical therapy I experienced back pain so severe that I was removed from my job--carried down two flights of stairs in a stretcher and then onto an ambulance in excruciating pain that allowed me to barely speak. The ER prescribed an MRI where a herniated disc was revealed. I have since found the most wonderful doctor who showed me by charts and my own MRI that all of my symptoms were a "text book" case of herniated disc. RUN FROM DR.EGAN. HE IS DREADFULLY RUDE, CONDESCENDING AND ARROGASNT.

Submitted June 27, 2013 | flag

Dr Kevin J. Egan, To whom it may concern...This is a person, with a license to practice medicine, whom is severely emotionally disturbed! It concerns me that I cannot believe anyone, be it a collegue, co-worker, patient even a family member, has negleted to reach out to a mental health professional to convince Dr Eagan he desperately needs mental health evaluation! I strongly believe that he is a threat to himself and more concerning TOO his patients!!! Please note it gives me no pleasure to characterize Dr Kevin Egan this way, however, given the state of mind I recently was subjected to by him SCREAMS TO ALL HE IS ABSOLUTELY CAPABLE OF PHYSICALLY HURTING SOMEONE!!!!!

Submitted Jan. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Eagan does not help the patient understand your medical condition and he does not provide answers to direct questions. His constant usage of no pain no gain as a response to the patients' concern of their current condition is totally inappropriate. He does not spend an appropriate amount of time with you. I would not recommend Dr. Egan to family and friends.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2012 | flag

When asked questions, he gives a canned speech about how you have to trust him, and he has never been sued for malpractice, which comes across as rude and demeaning. He wouldn't listen to my questions until I yelled at him "I want you to listen to me." Then he answered the question.

Submitted April 9, 2009 | flag