Rate Dr. Faruk S. Abuzzahab

Dr. Faruk S. Abuzzahab's Ratings

Since seeing Dr. Abuzzahab my life has made so many changes for the better. Not only does he make me smile and remind me of the important things in life, but he is extremely knowledgeable and always willing to think outside the box and do whatever it takes to make sure his patients are in a good place. I don't know what I will ever do if he retires!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Dr. Abuzzahab,Sr. is doubtless the most intelligent doctor (the most intelligent PERSON! ) I have ever met and he is also a compassionate doctor with great intuition. He created a cocktail for me in the mid 1980s of .05 mgs of Prozac and 10mgs of imipramine and it was laughed at: it worked! Now it's a common methodology. He calls me back,he talks to me,he has me on anti-aging supplements. I have developed a disabling pain problem, he wanted to be the doctor treating me as he knows my difficulties, but new rules prohibit him and we must find a Pain Doctor. So far, in my opinion, it's been wrong dosages,wrong meds, wrong treatments and wrong advice, although Dr. Abuzzahab alerts each new doctor to my extreme sensitivities. I have been in the ER 3 times, and receive no instructions but to take nothing until my next appt. It's terrifying as the Pain Monster awaits these moments with glee! Only Dr. Abuzzahab respects me, likes me, & tries to help with advice. Bless him! Susan Kirkham

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2013

Abuz is the man! I have never seen a doctor out there as humble as this man. He actually LISTENS to his patients. Most doctors you see, they "hear" what you have to say and then don't ask YOU (the patient) how YOU feel about the possible treatment. Anyways, I cannot recommend him more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2013

A now former best friend was a patient until her insurance no longer covered, a few months ago. Dr. Faruk S. Abuzzahab. Had her medications down and each one was working for her, she was stabilized. Her insurance no longer allowed coverage to this doctor, after 4 years+ of service! Since then she has been taken Off vital medications, making it impossable to even maintain a friendship. I blame the other dr for adjusting and eliminating some vital meds and wish she could see Dr. Abuzzahab again! I don't even see him and I love the man for what he did for her mental Health! Even the wait could be long for her but he gave her all his attention until she was happy with everything they discussed! Well worth a wait!! Dr. Faruk S. llll

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

Dr. A has saved my life. He is the best doctor I have ever seen and I have seen a LOT of doctors for my disability. I have seen him at least 10 years and know him very well. He is the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever seen. Also, he has been practicing for so long that he has "heard it all" and has never said to me, "I do not know". Like I said, he has saved my life, I surely would have taken my life if it were not for him. I live in chronic horrible pain. Please do yourself a favor and get under his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Great Doctor. Very open minded and willing to work with you outside the box.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2011

The doctor saved my life. Only doctor to correctly diagnose me and prescribe the proper meds. Knowledge of Pharmocology is second to none. In addition to M.D. in psychiatry and PHD in Pharmacology, he has a PHD in Philosophy. He is my hero.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2011

As a MD myself, I find him to be outstanding and effective. I visited hime for mood issues and he was the first Doctor to immediately and accurately identify the issue and resolve it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

I believe that while people go to doctors for help with conditions, they have a responsibility in their care as well. If someone is not comfortable with a recommendation, for goodness sakes do your research. Dr. A can be intimidating if you don't do your homework and enter into a doctor patient relationship completely uneducated - he is an EXPERT in his field and I would think that if you seek him out or are referred to him then he has a realistic expectation that you will be able to relate to him and have an open dialogue regarding your condition, possible treatment options, and recommendations. If you expect him to do all of the work, then he is going to do what he thinks is best and counts on you to keep him informed of your condition and any changes and/or concerns. While I am certainly sympathetic to those who have lost their loved ones, surely you realize that no person can MAKE, let alone LET, someone take their own life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1770864].votes_count ]]