Rate Dr. Peter King

Dr. Peter King's Ratings

Doesn't care about preventing. I have gone to him for gallbladder pain, and he told me it was heartburn. I told him I didnt think so as i have had heartburn and its different. He said he wouldnt check as lots of people have gallstones and it doesnt bother them. Turns out, after having to go to ER, mine was completely full of stones and had to be removed that very day. Also doesnt like to screen for diabetes saying 'you wouldnt know you had it' even though I was insulin dependent for pregnancies and diabetes runs in my family. Its frustrating. It has caused mistrust and anxiety going to see a physician.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014 | flag

I attended a marp exam for wcb I recorded the exam on my phone and mr king basically says 80% of people suffer from chronic pain.And when I asked why I never had this pain before my work injury he says that will be enough youve talked alot and now its time you listen.This doctor seems unconcerned about the actual injury and paid for by wcb and uninterested in the patience disability.If i can go to the news with the recording Im sure it will expose his defects of character.

Submitted April 15, 2014 | flag

Does not listen to you. Assumes you are ignorant even though you have a medical background.

Submitted April 3, 2014 | flag

Not only was Dr. King's diagnosis incorrect, but his communication of the wrong diagnosis would have benefited from a course in "interpersonal relations". Further there was absolutely no attempt to develop a plan to deal with the pain and no suggestion for any followup.

Submitted May 8, 2013 | flag

Since I am in the construction field he is the perfect Dr. Also I got very sick, and I was quickly refurred to the top specialists on the Island. My wife may not like his bedside mannor, but I don't go to a Dr to have beers. He is simply straight forward and to the point.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr. King, you are qick on the assesment to your liking but you don't listen to what a patient is saying. How can you see inside the spine and give a confirmed diagnosis plus degrading another doctor's given order when not knowing the history of the patient. When a patient goes to you for a back assessment, level of the patient's education and digging into history other than the issue at hand does not conclude an assessment of back trauma. Physicology of a patient's mental statis is more or less calling your patient a liar, it's the patient who is experiencing the pain created from an unwanted injury From Work, a good doctor would listen not shove you between the cracks to appease WCB. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who has sustained a serious injury. They are not there to help you, they're there to say what WCB wants to hear so they can push you back to work.

Submitted June 28, 2011 | flag

Cannot recommend Dr King, he reports verbally he can see the muscle wasting in my hand, arm, wrist, I stood there with my arms to my side and he pointed it out, right in front of his student doctor, but reported there was no wasting, even after reading the reports out loud in his office, he said my doctor took the measurements for him, and so it showed wasting, so he wasn’t going to measure again as my doctor already did! And yet said there was no difference between arms, also said I was getting better and had full strength er, I have muscle wasting, so how can I have full strength? As for getting better, I think you know how much you got paid to say that right dr king? This Dr gets paid by wcb bc. Think about it, they won’t let our doctors report to wcb bc, because they side with the patient supposedly, and hire there own doctors, so I wonder who they side for?

Submitted Nov. 27, 2010 | flag

Unfortunately cannot recommend Dr. King. I do believe he is knowledgeable but he is not at all helpful. He gave me 5-10 minutes consultations and rushed me through it. You could not put a word in edgewise. He does not seem to believe in tests, and he "guards" MRI's or CAT scans something fierce. It's like he's not a doctor, but a bureaucrat. He makes his dx from experience but this could be a dangerous practice. He is kind until you argue or have a differing opinion. The staff at the clinic is unhelpful, inexperienced and often unprofessional. In my case, he did not take me seriously and blamed just about everything on stress. Later an other doctor proved he was wrong. I unfortunately lost my trust in him and got quite disappointed.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2010 | flag

We inherited Dr.King when our doctor moved back to South Africa 12 years ago. He is a great doctor and doesn't rush to prescribe pills, he is thorough and a straight talker. Over all I am very happy with him! He treats my whole family!

Submitted May 26, 2009 | flag

Always supportive and offering suggestions for further self improvements on my part such as diet and lifestyle.

Submitted March 27, 2009 | flag