Dr. Vito L. Modugno

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Vito L. Modugno has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: patient medical history?    Email me    Answer it

Oral Surgeon-related: dental implants, tooth removal, TMJ, jaw surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5216744
01/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Modugno is an absolute HERO in my eyes. I went to him for two extractions, after putting it off for at least 4 years. I evgen have walked out of many appointments bc I was too anxious to even let them sedate me. He ended up taking the two plus an extra that wasnt serving a purpose. I was TERRIFIED (and let him know about 17 times, lol) but he was amazing, his staff was amazing, and he got the teeth out in literally 5 minutes. My appt was at 10, and including paperwork, xray, gas/numbing, and extractions I was in the car on the way to the pharmacy at 10:45. I am day 2 post op and I have zero swelling, zero pain. Have been taking ibuprofen just in case to prevent soreness because Im a baby, but honestly I dont even need it. AFTER THREE TEETH BEING YANKED OUT, ALL ON ONE SIDE. Dr. Modugno is a miracle worker and has completely alleviated my fear of the dentist. I will return to him for an implant that I need on another tooth when I am ready to do that one, will never go to anyone else. ~~~ Daniella S.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Vito" to "Vito L."
RID: 2850934
11/09/13 5 5 5 5 Nice experience all around. Staff was wonderful and very polite. Very knowledgeable regarding my insurance. As far as Dr. M, the extraction was painless. In fact, I cannot remember a thing. I was out like a light. Highly recommend him.
RID: 2719332
26/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. M you are a class act. As the other posts described, you were painless during and after the extractions. Your energy and confidence relaxed all my fears. Will recommend you for sure.
RID: 2679105
14/06/13 5 5 5 5 I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed yesterday with anesthesia. Had no pain or swelling like most of my friends. Dr. Modugno and his office were excellent. They explained everything to me. I would highly recommend him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2585465
14/03/13 1 4 1 4 Would not recommend to friends and family. Office staff is very nasty.  Respond
RID: 2541084
24/01/13 1 5 1 5 Dr. Modungno was very punctual and knowledgable about making it clear that I was a charity case.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2406165
21/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Modugno is an extremely wonderful surgeon. He made us feel very comfortable. He is friendly, funny and good looking. His staff was equally wonderful. Beautiful People. Amanda & Vanessa V.
RID: 2273211
20/06/12 5 5 5 5 I would highly recomend Dr. Modugno. His front desk was awesome. They answered all my questions and made me feel at ease whilei was waiting to go in. I was so worried and it turned out to be for no reason. Everything went smooth and the staff was great. Don't go anywhere else. You won't be disappointed with this office.
RID: 1701227
31/01/12 3 5 5 5 A++++++++ Oral Surgeon! I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled and 2 were impacted. Dr. M was very kind and explained everything he was doing. His nurse was fabulous and very calming. I was a VERY nervous patient and they were so warm and comforting. Dr. M was quick and painless. Recovery was quick as well.
Insurance: HealthFirst
RID: 1696892
26/01/12 5 5 5 5 He's a great surgeon, as a person, fun to work with...One of the best surgeon.  Respond
RID: 1658485
11/12/11 5 5 5 5 In one word, "AMAZING"; Went to 2 other surgeons who scared the heck out of my. Dr. Modugno made me feel comfortable from moment one. Procedure....what procedure? You would never have known I had surgery. Went out to dinner the same night. If you are contemplating surgery or a surgeon....choose Dr. modugno
RID: 1548669
28/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Modugno you are the BEST! Your staff was helpful in explaining my insurance. I went out like a light. Did not feel a thing. AMAZING! Went back to work on Monday. My co-workers could not believe it. Highly recommend you. Thanks again.
RID: 1536338

13/09/11 3 4 1 1 My 73 year old mom had an abcess needed to have tooth pulled. After novacaine it was not numb! He proceeded to pull tooth anyway as my poor old mother screamed in agonizing pain! Horrible, horrible experience!! He's a surgeon?! Why do that?! If novacaine wasn't working why not give something else?! Did not explain, didn't offer options just pulled tooth out of an old womans head without it being numb! Disgusting!!! Didn't even bother to call to see if she was ok. No care, no compassion.
Paid (or co-pay): $350
RID: 1472856
25/06/11 5 5 5 5 After a horrible experience with surgery, I was extremely terrified and reluctant to have my wisdom teeth removed. I searched for oral surgeons in the area with good ratings and Dr. Modugno stood out. I don't have dental insurance, but the sweet woman at the front desk recommended I purchase a dental savings plan, which saved me over $600!!! They really go out of the way to help you. The surgery was extremely quick and painless. I went in at 9:30am and we were at the pharmacy filling my prescription for painkillers (which I didn't even need) by 10:05am!!! The most painful part of the procedure was the IV, which says a lot! The assistant was excellent, she and Dr. Modugno repeatedly asked to make sure I was ok and not feeling anything. The office is very warm and comforting, yet professional and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Modugno to anyone who needs oral surgery. I was literally eating pretzels the night of my surgery and had zero swelling or post-op pain. GO HERE!!
Paid (or co-pay): $585
RID: 1374609
28/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Modugno is awesome! Just had a fully-impacted wisdom tooth extracted and I didn't feel a thing!! (laughing gas of course!). I went in so nervous but he and his assistant really made me feel at ease. I was literally in and out within 20 minutes which was great..it was over before i knew it!! I would definitely recommend Dr. Modugno to anyone who is looking for an all around great oral surgeon.
Respond

29/09/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1258642
25/09/10 3 4 2 2 I had wisdom teeth extraction and I am most despeased about the outcome (never damage)and the atmosphere during surgery. If you have choice-don't go there, you might suffer for life!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1183854
06/06/10 5 5 5 5 Had two impacted wisdom teeth removed, one being near the nerve which was really bad, I was in very little pain, only took Tylenol, and was in no pain. The swelling only lasted for two days. Very GOOD oral surgeon would recommend him to everyone. I am very afraid of needles and pain, he made me feel relaxed and not scared. I was so scared before getting my wisdom teeth removed, but Dr. M made it painless.  Respond

20/01/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1076058
12/01/10 5 5 5 5 I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed - the procedure was relatively painless. Dr. Modugno and his staff were pleasant, knowledgeable and proficient and put me at ease.
RID: 1074424
11/01/10 5 5 5 5 I had been putting off having my wisdom teeth removed for years. A friend had her's removed over the summer, and raved about Dr Modugno. I made an appointment, and was made to feel very comfortable about the whole procedure. I had all four wisdom teeth removed on Friday at 9:00am, and was home by 11:00am, after a quick trip to the pharmacy. No pain. No swelling. No bruising. If I had know it was going to be this easy, I would have done it years ago. Dr Modugno and his staff are friendly and knowledgable. Their office is very comfortable, and not at all stuffy. Thank you to everyone involved!
RID: 1072253
07/01/10 5 5 5 5 I was sent to this doctor by my dentist to get two impacted wisdom teeth and two other teeth extracted. Needless to say, I was extremely nervous. But I can say my experience there was amazing. The receptionist was extremely helpful, she even called my insurance to work things out in advance so I did not have any surprises when I was done. The doctor and his assistants were great. They made me feel comfortable, relaxed and took the time to answer all my questions properly. Once we got started, the doctor was fast, smooth and relaxed. He removed all four teeth in like 15-20 minutes. I hope I never need to have any other teeth extracted, but if i do i'm definitely going there. This is a good place, you will not be disapointed.
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 1019594
27/10/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Modugno is very knowledgable, nice and informative. I had TJM surgery with him. He put me at ease, while others doctors had me scared out of my mind. It took him a few minutes to perform the surgery, and I was even able to go to a Yankee game the same night.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user