Rate Dr. Shelby Karpman

Dr. Shelby Karpman's Ratings

I have been with Dr.K for 10 years or so. I love that he listens to my issue or problem and always asks me what I think it might be too. Then once he has an idea of where to go from I always feel I get the right treatment. I have always felt comfortable with Dr.K. I love his secretary who has been there forever! Mrs. M. Always makes me feel valuable when I call to see about an appointment. I have been really lucky to usually get in the same day for an appointment. Dr.K also participates in an doctor exchange or rotation program and I have received treatment from his colleague and felt happy and confident with her too. Overall 100% happy with my doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Great staff, and the most helpful staff ive ever met

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

a. Got the appointmnet quickly.b. Dr. Karpman saw me in a timely way. c. He didn't even try to get a detailed history. Most parts of my medical history are not on the netcare. He spent milliseconds in examination, did'nt share his conclusions or proposed actions. Will I go back? Should you see him?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Friendliest staff ever. Karpman has never steered me wrong. Knowledgable. I'm not generally found of doctors, but he is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1771814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

This guy is great! If you are an athelete this is who you need to go see. He has such a wide range of knowledge in sports related injuries and really helped me get back to my full potential in my sport. He is usually on time and respectful of my questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1771813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Very laconic patient communication. Does the usual billing trick to get approval every 6 months for prescription renewals but he says two words, no check up on symptoms you take the medication for and he is out the door in a flash. Not overly inquisitive or indicating he wants to know the context. May be good sports guy but as a GP he is as cold as a fish and family is not in his vocabulary. If I can find a more caring and compassionate GP I will move.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1771812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2012

Dr. Karpman is a great DR. he is knowledgable and continues to up grade his knowledge regularlly which is why he is often gone to symposiums. He specialises in Sports medicine. I have dealt with this Dr. for more than 20 yrs. in this time i hav edeveloped a great repoire with him, he has a very good sense of what is wrong and ho what is wrong with me at a given time. i firmly believe that DR. Karpman shows genuine empathy for his patients and wnat s to help th e person get well again. i would not hesitate to recomment him to anyone for anything. Hew has diagnosed issues that my Family DR. of more than 40 yrs has missed. I am prepared to place my long term doctoral care in Dr. Karpmans hand for good. he is a worthy man that i would trust to deal with anything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1771811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

completely misdiagnosed me based on a single "turn your head and cough" hernia check on only one side of my body (i'm an athlete, and he is our team doctor.) his diagnosis was a hernia, and a hernia is absolutely not the problem. he suggested using anti-inflammatories and if that didn't work, then immediate surgery. thank goodness i'm not an idiot, and with the help of a great physio, was referred for an x-ray to properly diagnose the problem. in short, he didn't care to hear what i had to say (ultimately one of the two possibilities i suggested was the correct diagnosis, both of which he completely ignored and didn't even examine me for), and his examination was incredibly cursory and his diagnosis surprisingly quick. needless to say, i won't be seeing him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1771810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2011

Been my Dr. since I have met him at University of Alberta while I played hockey there. I have continued to see him since and he has been my DR. for 21 years. Extremely knowledgeable and caring Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1771809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2010

I saw this Dr. once before I absolutly needed him. I have trouble speaking, the right hand I cant write with. The Right leg twist when I walk it points at an angle and also loops arounds in a circle when I walk. cant stand still w/o having to walk backwards or falling. I had no where eles to turn. He refered me in to a Mri. But then He said he would also referre me to a Neurolgoist and it has bin about 7 weeks sisnce getting back the results from the Mri. But still have not bin referred yet I know that once I have an appointment then that it will be months i understand that but no referral? I asked him why he said that its b/c he faxed the referal to a general # instead of each of the 7 nerologist accepting new patients. when i asked about being refered to a speech therapy he kept mentioning his CREDABILITY is on the line. What about my Health. Even the when hte Mri results came n I Never recieved a phone call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1771808].votes_count ]]