Rate Dr. Ilene B. Polhemus

Dr. Ilene B. Polhemus's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Polhemus for about 8 years. She has always been very professional and has given me a very complete eye exam. She listens carefully to my symptoms and always addresses the problems I'm having. She is one of the few doctors I've seen who actually seems to care more about the person they're seeing than just a number on their schedule. I use these sites pretty often to get an idea of what a doctor may be like before I see them, but I also realize that most of the people who take the time to write on them are probably the one's that had a bad experience. I'm writing to make it known that I think this doctor is fabulous (most of the reviews do, too) and the few reviews that aren't I chalk up to that percentage of the population who are unhappy no matter what...they come into the place where I work, too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2138081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2008

At every step, the dr. & staff made gross errors, treating me with little respect as a person. There's NO genuine concern for her patient’s wellbeing. I'm appalled & actually concerned about the care she provides. She should be reviewed by the board & her office should be noted by the BBB. I've made several complaints about eye problems, w/no thorough attempt at diagnosis. I left several messages w/ ppl(not just on VM)& waited over 2wks for a response to a time-sensitive issue. I finally had to demand a call back&then: No explanation &no apology for completely ignoring–or forgetting-about me. I was charged for a full exam, yet she spent less than 8min w/me. I waited over 45 min for my exam & offered no apology, no reason for tardiness & no realistic expectation time I'd get in. The treatment I received was dismissive at best, negligent at worst. If I gave my clients this treatment, I'd be out of business. I’m shocked she isn’t out of business yet. Avoid her at all cost. My grade: -100

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2138080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2008

Great Doctor, very knowledgeable and professional but friendly and personable. Great office staff, helpful and attentive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2138079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2006

Great doctor!! She obviously cares about her patients and their families and gave me the most thourough and compassionate eye exam I've ever had. I thought the exam fees and the glasses were very reasonably priced, especially considering the amount of time both the doctor and the staff spent with me. When most offices route you through a voicemail from the moment you call, this office's one-one-one personalized care is refreshing. I've been to other offices in the area and this is, by far, the best! I recommend it to my closest friends & family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2138078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2006

Excellent care for both myself, 5 year-old daughter and 93 year-old aunt! Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2138077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2006

Office was polite @ 1st, but made easily preventable error. In itself, it wasn't problem--though disconcerting (breeched patient privacy laws & initially caused denial of insur. ben.). I expected a simple debriefing, that this would be taken seriously, assurance 2 establish simple protocol 2 prevent such mistakes & cooperation 2 resolve (i.e. DOCUMENT@ION 2 include w/ my request 2 change employer's policy, enabling strangers 2 add, access & bill against my insurance, w/out notice). An "I'm sorry" would’ve been nice--not necessary. She was defensive, refused 2 accept responsibility, acknowledge non-compliance 2 HIPPA required protocols, balked @ request 2 verify patient data, & provided no assurance she'd taken matter seriously. She called (HIPPA) laws "ridiculous" & pretended not 2 "understand" my requests for a billing statement, saying she didn’t account charges. (!) Reminded of HIPPA, she retaliated w/anger, personal character attack, false accusation & refusal 2 treat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2138083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2006

Very thorough and attentive; answers all questions and is not shy about referring to specialists. Great office staff; caring and compassionate and competent. Very pricey! Chagres a premium for services and only sells high end designer glasses that are marked up in price far more than the same models at Four Eyes, Lenscrafters, Costco, etc. Does work with insurance. Overall, a good value but ship around for less expensive frames.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2138082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2006

Great doctor who cares about her patients and their family. Great optometrist!!! She is at Los Gatos Eye Care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2138076].votes_count ]]