Rate Dr. Jeanne B. Novas

Dr. Jeanne B. Novas's Ratings

I am a 22 year old recent college graduate. Upon that I majored in biology and also work in a medical office. Recently I received a call from dr. Novas explaining that I had an abnormal Pap smear and needed to come back in for a colposcopy. I had a list of questions to ask novas but she was quick to go on with the procedure. That was okay at the time because I thought I could just ask her afterwards. turns out the colposcopy was not too horrible and she explained everything that she was doing extremely well. However after she was done and brought the chair down I was very light headed and my hearing became muffled. I also got the shakes and felt as though I was about to faint. Novas recognized that I was not feeling well and ran out to grab a nurse. The nurse came in quickly with a juice box and an ice pack and I began to feel better. However dr. Novas never came back to check and see if I were alright or answer anymore questions. I'm not even sure if the incident was even charted!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2395219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I am so disappointed with the customer service at Novas, Dohr, and Coll. Their new office is in a terrible location with poor parking and a tiny reception area. I was punctual for my appointment however sat in the office for 30 minutes without anyone addressing this extreme lateness. I then approached the office and they said that several patients before me were late for their appointments - so now I would be 45 minutes late. When I shared that I had taken off work for this appointment and that I had to pick up my child from preschool in half an hour - they said I would need to reschedule. I waited 60 minutes and never saw a doctor or nurse. Such a poor operation with no consideration for working parents. I will be going back to my previous practice in Lake Forest. I would rather drive 30 minutes and see doctors who care about their patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][618975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2014

Dr. Novas saved my life. After the birth of my daughter I could not stop bleeding and had several surgeries to stop it. Her knowledge and quick thinking saved me. She kept my husband calm and informed and constantly checked in, either in person or by calling my many nurses. Yes, as other commenters pointed out, she has a huge diamond (don't know how that's relevant) and isn't a chatty doctor (if that's what you're looking for see Dohr). But, the woman is brilliant. Check out her credentials. She will advocate for you and is always to the point. I love this practice and have been her patient for 10 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][618974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2013

Dr Novas dismissed me with every concern a new mom would have. She misdiagnosed my Preeclampsia and was so annoyed that I delivered on a Sunday and disrupted her lunch. She was so unfriendly and made me so uncomfortable. After I delivered my daughter, the nurse came in to check on me and asked how the pain was. Before I could answer, Dr. Novas said "oh, please!! She only had 2 stitches!" I could go on and on, but if you read the other comments about her, all true. It has been over 4 years since I had my daughter when I stumbled across this web site. I hope I can save one person from having a terrible experience of having a baby, especially their first. How this person is still in business is beyond comprehension. Anyone would be better than this woman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][618976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2012

I had my second child with this practice and saw all three doctors in 2005. Though my daughter was delivered by Dr. Coll, Dr. Novas initially saw me the night before to start inducing. I had gone a week beyond my due date. Dr. Novas failed to detect that the baby was in the wrong position; her head was turned the wrong way. Dr. Coll, the following day did all she could and I was successfully able to deliver without a c-section. What I do recall about this practice was waiting round 25 to 1 hour behind my appointment schedule. Being a busy professional, this tardiness was appalling. I wish I knew about this site in 2005. I would not recommend this practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][618973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2012

ALWAYS cold and acts like your concerns are silly, she wont explain anything to you or even talk to you about anything going on. Very short, very demeaning!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][618972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2011

Dr. Novas saw me on Christmas eve during a miscarriage. She took care of me on an emergency basis and I was as happy as I could have been given the circumstances. Her staff called to see how I was doing. Highly recommended, I feel she's extremely competent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][618971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

This woman was very rude, very judgmental and decided she was going to jump to conclusions regarding my past pregnancies before letting me even talk. She has NO bedside manners, NO compassion, and is downright nasty. If she was knowledgeable, I wouldn't know because she was too busy making her snap judgments and talking down to me. I have never had such a rotten experience with a doctor and would not take a pregnant sewer rat to see her. I am contemplating reporting her to the board but I'm not sure it would be worth my time. I wish I had looked on this site BEFORE seeing her as I would have avoided her, given her average score is a 2. Very nasty, degrading, judgmental and cold. Terrible woman, terrible experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][618970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

The biggest problem we had with this doctor is that she wont listen to you at all. She will just do what she wants to do. She would not spend any time explaning to you about the situation. We always felt she think we are too dumb to understand while she operate on our body.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][618969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2010

I do not recommend this practice to anyone! I went went to this practice for my 1st child and after my first few visits felt I should go somewhere else but decided to stay. I called several times about pain in my lower abdomen and during my visits I shared that I was concerned about the size of the baby and my swelling and only 1 dr. cared enough to actually touch my swollen legs. My daughter was born 6 weeks premature and was in the NICU for 2 1/2 weeks. The dr.'s there said I most likely had undiagnosed gestational diabetes. My daughter weighed 6lbs 13oz! My husband and I were/are very disappointed in the care I received by these dr.'s, especially Dr. Novas, and will not be using them ever again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][618968].votes_count ]]