Rate Dr. W. HAMLIN Emory

Dr. W. HAMLIN Emory's Ratings

If I could give Dr. Emory TEN stars, I would. Both of my children have symptoms consistent with ADHD (Inattentive) and anxiety. We have been working with Dr. Emory for over two years now, and I can honestly say he is the most knowledgeable, compassionate, and committed psychiatrist I have ever met. He doesn't just treat patients, he genuinely cares for them as if they were his own family, willing REGULARLY to consult with me about my kids by phone on nights and weekends, hold office hours during holidays, and generally help in whatever way he can. One of the `most brilliant men I have ever met, he thinks outside the box, treating each patient as an individual, recognizing that each brain is unique and responds differently to different medications. Equally familiar with homeopathic and alternative therapies as he is with more conventional psychiatric drugs, he truly lives and works by the motto, "Do no harm." His approach to treatment is rigorously tailored to scientific studies of individual brains; rather than just throw medications at people, he studies their unique neurochemical makeups and adjusts his interventions to maximize each person's individual ideal. Why so few other practitioners take this approach is stunning to me, but I promise you the vast majority of other psychiatrists are still working in the dark ages--this WILL be the future of mental health treatment. I owe my children's well-being and future to this doctor--and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Oh, and did I mention that he is also a true Renaissance man, witty, well-read, and deeply committed to his work, and the world? He is truly one of a kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I consulted Dr. Emory about his methods and theories for research I was doing for graduate school in Marriage and Family Therapy. He is brilliant, original and cutting-edge. He has a wealth of knowledge of neuroscience and the brain. Additionally, he has a wonderful personality and sense of humor. I was very impressed by him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Dr Emory is an extremely intelligent man. He's an out of the box thinker and proven himself to be one of the most creative doctors in his field. Dr Emory had me on medications that other psychiatrists I've seen never even thought to try. When I started seeing Dr Emory I had anorexia, a resting pulse of 105, mood swings that caused rage, depression and anxiety multiple times a day. It was difficult to plan anything knowing I had no control over my mood, my days were dark and repetitive. Dr Emory prescribed me Parnate and Adderall and theres been a huge improvement. My pulse is in the 80s and my mood is reliable and weight is stable. I now have a job, attend school and maintain a social life. You can count on Dr Emory to never give up until the job is finished He is determined and overall fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2611514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

Dr. Emory may be a bit quirky, but he was completely brilliant when it came to diagnosis and treatment of my child, who suffers from truly out of control ADHD and anxiety. He works very methodically to determine a particular medication's effect on her brain and on her behavior. She was going down a very dark path - I had to take her off the Concerta she'd been on for over a year because it zombied her out, and she had stopped growing. Her other doctor just kept randomly trying drugs. Dr. Emory tests different options to determine the actual effect on her brain and behavior, he is always accessible by phone, and truly cares about bringing her to homeostasis - "normalcy." Yes, all this time and attention is expensive if you're paying out of pocket, but given the outstanding results and continuing patient care, working with Dr. Emory is worth every penny and more. He is giving me back my child.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2454703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Emory has figured out what the rest of his profession (psychiatry) is still guessing about. He knows how to measure the electrical activity in the brain produced by each type of medicine via an ECG. Most psychiatrists throw meds at a (bi-polar in my case) patient (usually over medicating them to be on the safe side as I was for 35 years) & then hope what they've chosen works. Dr. Emory does a brain scan and can actually pinpoint what's working & what's not. I've gotten off 7 different meds (including Effexor, Abilify, Lamictal, Straterra, Topomax, Latuda & Provigil) & added only 1 (Clonidine) since working with him & I'm feeling the best I have been in 35 years. Common sense would tell you measurements must be made in order to determine if you're getting the desired results. I'm very pleased with Dr. Emory's knowledge & concern for my well being. He has me regularly taking my pulse & blood pressure as another means of making sure I stay right on track. His asst Annie is great too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

I am currently in treatment with dr Emory. Since beginning with dr Emory, my blood pressure is on the lower end of normal. I moved from taking allergy medication daily, to 2x weekly, the chronic bronchitis that I have experienced over the last 5 years is greatly diminished, and I have much more energy! Dr Emory is helping me greatly. He is kind and caring. His staff is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

Finally!!!! A doctor that combines psychiatry and neurology to treat the brain. Dr. Emory is absolutely brilliant he uses and eeg to look and the brains activity and then medicates depending on the results. He takes the guessing game other psychiatrists use to treat their patients out of the equation. Dr. Emory has helped me tremendously and I am thankful for it. My husband and children are very thankful for a wonderful and loving wife and mommy. Thank you, Dr. Emory

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2013

Dr. Emory is brilliant. His methodology makes sense and his diagnosis and decisions have been of great service to me. I could not recommend him higher.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

Dr. Emory misdiagnosed a family member with a depressed brain, he actually had Asperger's Syndrome. He switched him from a MOI to a SSRI medication without the proper ramp down time, and of course it ended badly. Dr. Emory refused to appear in court on his patient's behalf.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

A family member of mine has been a chronic Oxy addict and a Dr. shopper for 10 years. She claims PAIN as the problem, and boy the problems are endless. Upon the first visit, Dr. Emory gave this patient a prescription for 180mg Oxy and 40 mg of Valium per day. We thought this might be more than she needed, but Dr. Emory said it would be fine. Overpriced and gives out narcs like candy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773493].votes_count ]]