Rate Dr. W. HAMLIN Emory

Dr. W. HAMLIN Emory's Ratings

Dr. Emory may be a bit quirky, but he was completely brilliant when it came to diagnosis and treatment of my child, who suffers from truly out of control ADHD and anxiety. He works very methodically to determine a particular medication's effect on her brain and on her behavior. She was going down a very dark path - I had to take her off the Concerta she'd been on for over a year because it zombied her out, and she had stopped growing. Her other doctor just kept randomly trying drugs. Dr. Emory tests different options to determine the actual effect on her brain and behavior, he is always accessible by phone, and truly cares about bringing her to homeostasis - "normalcy." Yes, all this time and attention is expensive if you're paying out of pocket, but given the outstanding results and continuing patient care, working with Dr. Emory is worth every penny and more. He is giving me back my child.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2454703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Emory has figured out what the rest of his profession (psychiatry) is still guessing about. He knows how to measure the electrical activity in the brain produced by each type of medicine via an ECG. Most psychiatrists throw meds at a (bi-polar in my case) patient (usually over medicating them to be on the safe side as I was for 35 years) & then hope what they've chosen works. Dr. Emory does a brain scan and can actually pinpoint what's working & what's not. I've gotten off 7 different meds (including Effexor, Abilify, Lamictal, Straterra, Topomax, Latuda & Provigil) & added only 1 (Clonidine) since working with him & I'm feeling the best I have been in 35 years. Common sense would tell you measurements must be made in order to determine if you're getting the desired results. I'm very pleased with Dr. Emory's knowledge & concern for my well being. He has me regularly taking my pulse & blood pressure as another means of making sure I stay right on track. His asst Annie is great too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

I am currently in treatment with dr Emory. Since beginning with dr Emory, my blood pressure is on the lower end of normal. I moved from taking allergy medication daily, to 2x weekly, the chronic bronchitis that I have experienced over the last 5 years is greatly diminished, and I have much more energy! Dr Emory is helping me greatly. He is kind and caring. His staff is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

Finally!!!! A doctor that combines psychiatry and neurology to treat the brain. Dr. Emory is absolutely brilliant he uses and eeg to look and the brains activity and then medicates depending on the results. He takes the guessing game other psychiatrists use to treat their patients out of the equation. Dr. Emory has helped me tremendously and I am thankful for it. My husband and children are very thankful for a wonderful and loving wife and mommy. Thank you, Dr. Emory

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2013

Dr. Emory is brilliant. His methodology makes sense and his diagnosis and decisions have been of great service to me. I could not recommend him higher.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

Dr. Emory misdiagnosed a family member with a depressed brain, he actually had Asperger's Syndrome. He switched him from a MOI to a SSRI medication without the proper ramp down time, and of course it ended badly. Dr. Emory refused to appear in court on his patient's behalf.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

A family member of mine has been a chronic Oxy addict and a Dr. shopper for 10 years. She claims PAIN as the problem, and boy the problems are endless. Upon the first visit, Dr. Emory gave this patient a prescription for 180mg Oxy and 40 mg of Valium per day. We thought this might be more than she needed, but Dr. Emory said it would be fine. Overpriced and gives out narcs like candy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Our family has utilized Dr. Emory's services for 19 years and he has always been professional, personable and knowledgeable. In this particular specialty, proper diagnosis and treatment can sometimes be pretty tricky; and an effective treatment protocol one year may not be effective the next simply because the human body is constantly changing. He is vigilant and positive when working with the patient and family; and if the situation has felt frustrating and/or frightening, he has always tempered those negative feelings with wisdom and hope. We would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2012

Dr. Emory saved my son's life. My son was born angry. He screamed in rage when he was 10 days old. By the age of 5, he had already been expelled from 3 schools, thought he was a "bad person," and was describing ways to kill himself. He was put in Special Ed in first grade, and was doing poorly. No drug or therapy we tried could calm his mercurial moods. We were referred to Dr. Emory who did an EEG, and prescribed meds based on those findings. Within a week, my son was a different kid. He transitioned to a regular classroom in second grade, and never looked back. He's now a bright, caring, successful high school student with more self-knowledge than many adults. Were it not for Dr. Emory's treatment, I believe my son's indigenous anger would have eventually cost him his life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2012

Simply the most empathetic and genuine neuropsychologist in the Los Angeles area. There's a reason Emory has so many famous and talented film & music industry luminaries as clients... he truly takes the time to understand that regardless of who you are or what you do, everyone's brain works different and treatments must be administered accordingly, not in some cookie-cutter drug company sponsored dispensary formula. The world needs more doctors willing to take educated risks, thinking out of the box, with the goal of patient being cured above any fear of peer-group whining questioning methods. The reason most treatments fail is because most doctors don't really talk to their patients and truly take it on a case by case basis. Dr. Emory is the most relentlessly creative doc I've ever known as far as treatments go, and I owe much of my sanity to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1773490].votes_count ]]