Rate Dr. Robert D. Oates

Dr. Robert D. Oates's Ratings

I recently had an ortichetomy with Dr.Oates he seemed to be extremely knowledgeable on what he was doing and his staff was very nice. I went in for surgery and was sent home the same day. Previously he insisted that it was a minimal procedure and that I wouldn't be in too much pain which was FALSE. I ran out of pain killers because the swelling and pain was terrible and it seemed like they were a bit sloppy when operating me and cut me by accident on one of my testicles far from the incisions itself which now is trying to heal. The job was done and both testis were taken out but the staff and operating team could have been more careful and prescribed me the proper pain meds. It was indeed painful and not as simple as they promised. He also told me no follow up appointment the stitched would degrade which I found flabbergasting because a surgery like that needs to be checked on so I had a follow up with my primary care to check for any infection or abnormality. OVERALL ok experience

Submitted April 5, 2014 | flag

My wife and I are Registered Nurses. We found Dr. Oates to be extremely knowledgeable, very honest, very polite, in fact very funny during the initial consultation. He made us feel very comfortable about the procedure. The day of surgery he was very comforting, had me very relaxed and confident with his abilities prior to heading into the OR. Post op he found my wife and went over the surgery completely as well as the recovery process till she was comfortable. His OR staff, both pre and post operatively were very knowledgeable, very confident, and made us feel very secure. I would highly recommend Dr. Oates to a family member or friend.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2013 | flag

Today 9/25/13 we had an appointment with Dr Oates. We were very nervous to meet him because of all the bad reviews. Dr oates met us at the door and walked us back right on time. He was very nice and actually very funny. Made us feel very comfortable and explained procedure in detail. Answered all our questions.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2013 | flag

We were referred to Dr. Oates by both my gynecologist and husband's urologist. I was very nervous about meeting him after reading all the negative reviews, but to my surprise he was so nice. He actually met us at the door! I have never had that happen. He was great. He examined my husband and diagnosed him in 10 seconds. He was glad to answer our questions and set us up with the necessary tests. We saw him again 4 weeks later (again met us at the door) and confirmed his diagnosis. Gladly answered all our questions. We are set to schedule the surgery and start IVF. I can see how some see him as arrogant, but when you are the best in your field, how can you not be a little?

Submitted May 2, 2013 | flag

I have never met a more rude Dr. He was condescending and lectured me (10 minutes) about medical decisions I have made in the past without even asking a medical history...and he was wrong about it... UGH. Do yourself a favor and don't go here!!!

Submitted April 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Oates is very rude and unprofessional. As a fellow physician, I could not believe his arrogance and the way he spoke about other physicians. I am shocked he has gotten as far as he has in his career...

Submitted Nov. 28, 2012 | flag

PHENOMENAL success. We are truly blessed and thank Dr. Oates!!!

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Oates may have been the rudest professional I have ever come across. His condescending, brash nature was appalling. In addition, his staff collected $2k from me though my insurance covered the services. I had to battle with his office staff to get the money back though I confirmed that they were paid by the carrier. Please avoid this physician.

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag

I found him insensitive and full of a lot of hot air. I think he needs a brush up on how to go about delivering client-centered care. My partner (a man) didn't mind his manner, but I left feeling that the visit was more about him and had maybe just a little about us. He didn't ask very many questions. At one point, I made an incorrect assumption, and his response was dismissive and insensitive. He made me feel pretty stupid and insecure. He needs to let people (at least) feel like their opinion matters. He may be good at what he does but I found it hard to trust him. I am not a mean person but...to be completely honest I don't think I can stomach the thought of going back. His resident was very kind and personable.

Submitted March 22, 2011 | flag

Dr Oates is clear and concise in his explanations. He explains the options available and the risks and benefits of each choice.-And certainly Dr Oates is not unfriendly.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2010 | flag