Rate Dr. Stuart H. Kuschner

Dr. Stuart H. Kuschner's Ratings

Does not talk to you talked only to micro recorder. He ordered a repeat of a just done study with no reason other than he didn't know the other dr. They send patients to each other when I asked to switch to another dr in their group I got wish you well n go elsewhere

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2013

Dr. Kuschner is a knowledgeable, caring, very kind-hearted and talented surgeon. My first experience with this group six years ago was quite negative. Dr. Kuschner turned that around. He is very special and I am so lucky to have found him. Thank you, Dr. K for giving me my hand back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

I broke my hand 10 June 2013 and had to see doctor quickly. Kuschner was not even on my radar as far as who to see. He was available at Cedars so I went. He rushed, dismissive and short-tempered when asked to explain the problem and solution. When asked if there was an alternative to surgery he got irritated, raised his voice and said, "Yes! You can live with this." Terrible person to be around and it must be miserable for the people in his office. Needless to say, I got a second opinion from the doc I knew I should have gone to from the beginning and he ended up performing the surgery. If you search: hand specialist and any one of the major sports teams here in Los Angeles, you'll find someone much better all around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

I fell, severly fractured my wrist and was referred right away to Dr. Kushner from urgent care. I was seen immediately...and it was lunchtime. I was given terrific care by his staff, made to feel that no complaint was annoying (needed several cast changes)...surgery was very successful and after one year my wrist is completely working with no feeling of the screws and plate that are in my arm. I practice yoga daily and am able to do everything! I am amazed at some of the negative comments as this was not my experience over the course of the year that I needed to heal. I feel very lucky that I had such a great surgeon. He was thorough, caring, funny, patient and I never felt rushed. He answered every question and every visit I was warmly greeted by the staff. I think he is a great doctor and I'm thankful and grateful that he was able to put my wrist/hand back together again with no after affects. My scar is barely noticeable. I feel very lucky!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2013

Helpful, pleasant, just lovely to deal with, especially KIM, in the office. Doc Kuschner was empathetic, thoughtful and personable. Such a change from the other hand surgeon in his office! Doc Kuschner helped me tremendously.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Great Dr., very pleasant and nice, was able to get quick appt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

After seeing another doctor who completely mistreated my broken wrist, Kushner and his staff saved my hand. He is a great man and I had a wonderful experience with him. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

I was referred to this practice for a diagnostic examination. The new patient registration involves filling out 10 pages of forms. Four of the forms deal with patient conduct. These forms require the patient to initials 14 statements and sign one form for CSMG's Patient Expectations and Responsibilities. For example, you must acknowledge with your initials that "I understand that if I miss an appointment with less than three business hours notice, I will be charged a fee for a missed visit." Most of these are reasonable. A few aren't, but what isn't reasonable is that the doctors and staff have no reciprocal obligations to the patient. The presumption is that doctors and practices need to be protected, but patients, other than legal rights of privacy, are like penitents seeking absolution. The doctrine of customer service seems to be nearly invisible in the forms and declarations of responsibility in Dr. Kushner's practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2011

Dr. Kuschner is the BEST at what he does, fixing hands. because he is a great doctor, he is a busy doctor. His office staff was kind enough to fit me in with little notice, which I am grateful for. I waited a very short amount of time in the waiting room. After his resident took my vitals, the dcotor arrived with a nurse. So, I had THREE people taking care of me and my little thumb that didn't want to bend, that is an unheard of service. I was nervous about getting a shot of cortisone in my thumb, and the compassionate nurse held my arm and comforted me. The doctor even tgried to ease my anxiety by making a joke that I give the shot to myself. The resident stood behind me in case I flinched at the needle, so that the Doctor could put the shot right where he needed to...and he DID. I felt better immediately. His wit IS acerbic, he IS, after all, from NY. But so is my family. I liked his direct and efficacious style. No time to get too scared, or upset. He's the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2010

Highest regards for this doctor. Professional, to the point, and highly detail oriented. On time appointments and surgery. I don't need to be babied like a child. I wanted my wrist fixed properly. He was thorough and didn't miss a detail. Great surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775451].votes_count ]]