Rate Dr. Catherine Allaire

Dr. Catherine Allaire's Ratings

Went to Dr. Allaire for a large fibroid after being told by another specialist that I might need a hysterectomy. She gave me hope by performing a myomectomy and keeping the uterus. I had my surgery at ubc hospital ... Everything went well and just recovering. Very greatful I found this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I've never had a dr pass the buck so quickly when it comes to medications. She laughed when I told her I was in pain from a cyst and chose to change dosages/medications without thinking of withdrawal symptoms and symptoms of upping doses. Thank god my pharmacist and GP were on top of it and changed how my medications were supposed to be changed. Her skill as a surgeon is amazing and she's top of her industry but bedside manner and compassion are lacking. I was very disappointed when I thought I was finally going to get the help I really needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Dr. Allare is really good at surgery and caring patient. My wife recovered very well and quickly from a surgery of removing both overies and uterus. She was very very nervous before the surgery 'cause she has diabetes. However, she got confidence and felt peace every time after she went to see Dr. Allare. The operation was given in UBC hospital. My wife received very well care from doctors and nurses before and after the surgery. Now she recovered completely from the surgery and felt no any side effects. I'd like to send our sincere thanks to Dr. Allare.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2454736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

i cant say enough good things about this doctor. She performed 3 of 4 surgeries I had. Her nurse, her counselor, her receptionist, her physiotherapist, they are all great. She is very well aware of all the problems I had and offered solutions based on all the knowledge of my thoughts, my husbands thoughts, and tests results. She was terrific, she knew what she was talking about, she called to check up on me, she does phone appointments with me as im from the island, so its costly to go see her all the time. She takes the time to really understand whats happening before she makes any decisions on the care. SHe lists as many options as she can, and lets you choose what and how far you want to go depending on whats happening. I wanted surgery, she did it. then i wanted a fighting chance to get pregnant and now she is sending me to someone for assisted fertility medication as she doesnt anymore, but shes giving me a change before she does anything more. Great experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1775513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

Dr. Allaire is an extremely competent and confident surgeon and has an amazing bedside manner to boot. I consulted with several surgeons and decided to go with her as she was by far the most knowledgeable and was in surgery much more frequently compared to the other doctors I met with. I underwent a laparotomy surgery to remove huge fibroids and she was able to do it successfully, while preserving my uterus. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing pelvic surgeries. I believe that if I had gone with a different surgeon, my outcome would have been different.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1775512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Dr. Allaire is a leading surgeon in laparoscopic OBGYN including endometriosis treatment and other conditions. She was suggested to me by another highly-acclaimed surgeon at Stanford University who happens to be a family friend. We are lucky to have Dr. Allaire in BC. My local OBGYN said that any doctor in Kelowna would have insisted on an abdominal hysterectomy in my case because of the complications involved. Dr. Allaire routinely performs complicated surgeries and this one took less than 3 hours, plus a 24 hour hospital stay. The recovery is significantly easier for laparoscopic vs invasive procedures. Dr. Allaire is highly skilled, keeps up to date with OBGYN and surgical research, and is compassionate. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1775511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I went to Dr. Allaire after I had been told I needed a hysterectomy due to my large fibroids on the outside of my uterus. Dr. Allaire very simply told me that she could remove them without a hysterecomy. She performed laproscopic surgery successfully removing all four of my fibroids. A year and a half after that surgery more fibroids had grown and she then suggested a hysterectomy as the best option. Again she performed the laproscopic surgery with professionalism and precision. Dr. Allaire gave me confidence everytime we met and I felt very secure with her as my surgeon. She was always calm, polite, confident and made me feel like I was in good hands. Two surgeries later I feel great. I know that if I have any questions or concerns in the future Dr. Allaire will be attentive. I have referred every girlfriend I have with "female issues" to Dr. Allaire. She is really outstanding in her field.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1775510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2013

One of the worst experiences EVER!! I had an ectopic pregnancy in right ovary and miscarried but there was still a 2.5" mass in the right ovary. She stalled on doing surgery for 6 months and then canceled the surgery because she said that my left ovary was fine. The large mass however was still in my RIGHT ovary. Had to find another surgeon and wait for surgical time to open. Excruciatingly painfull. Terribly negligent!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1775515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2012

Excellent experience with Dr. Allaire. I was extremely relieved to have my 1 kg fibroid removed by this top surgeon who specializes in laparascopic surgery. I feel like a new person. Surgery was booked within a reasonable time, was performed on time and follow up was fantastic. Best of all, although my uterus had to be removed, Dr. Allaire found my ovaries to be healthy and left them intact and therefore I am not in menopause. I could not be happier! I highly recommend this specialist to anyone who wants to be operated on by only the most skilled surgeon who uses the latest technology available in the field.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1775509].votes_count ]]