Dr. Samuel Weizman

Dr. Samuel Weizman

Rate Dr. Samuel Weizman

Dr. Samuel Weizman's Ratings

I found Dr. Weizman when I became dissatisfied with my boys pediatrician. What I noticed upfront was that he was quiet and took care to look after my children. I can ask questions and he sees them as real concerns. Like with my recent baby I felt he had tongue-tie. While I did get a second opinion and had it taken care of, Dr. Weizman was willing to keep checking on our nursing issues that was tongue-tie related. Shots are done quickly and quietly, no fanfare which is great. This leaves my children not freaking out because he has a needle. He also asks how they are doing at every visit, making sure they are reaching their milestones. The staff is amazing as well. I can get in last minute, and they call the day before the appointment for reminder. One day, one of the ladies helped me to my car. (I had my newborn and two toddlers with me). I would recommend Dr. Weizman to anyone looking for a pediatrician.

Submitted March 5, 2011 | flag

My 2 kids have been seeing Dr Weizman for the last 3 years. I've never had problems with the receptionists. Dr sometimes makes you wait but I would rather wait than see another doctor. I like this Dr. I find him to be approachable and very helpful. I find it easy to talk to him. He always listens and answers all my questions. His treatments are always good and has never over prescribed medicines like some other doctors do. In fact he told me to stop giving my toddler medication that had been prescribed at a walk in clinic because the dosage prescribed was for an adult. He was right. The pharmacy hadn't even picked up on that. I am fussy when it comes to staying with a doctor and Dr Weizman is one I will stick with.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2011 | flag

Dr Weizman was my daughters pediatrician. She is now 35. He is now my foster sons. I am thankful he was still willing to accept patients. My son has profound autism and Dr. Weizman spotted the signs early. He has been a huge help in making the referels needed. He and his staff have treated my son and I with the utmost respect even when my son is having a tough day. I will surely miss him when he moves to Toronto in 2011.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2010 | flag

I was VERY displeased with this doctor. He suggested I give my exclusively breastfed baby formula -- yep, he thought I should force-feed my baby a bottle of formula after she nursed (Force food into an already full child?! DISGUSTING!)... I did not receive a satisfactory answer as to why he would want to switch a happy, early milestone-reaching, more-than-adequately gaining baby from the ideal food to a sub-standard food made from corn syrup solids & other junk, against the recommendation of the WHO, APA, CPS, & every other health association in the developed world! This man didn't display to me the tiniest shred of knowledge re: proper nutrition for babies; I certainly wouldn't trust him to care for an ill child with any competence. Obviously I have since switched to another pediatrician & I couldn't be happier. I've re-told this to my former pre-natal care provider, 2 public health nurses & my baby's new ped, & they were all bewildered! I wouldn't go back if my life depended on it.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2009 | flag

Dr. Weizman was MY doctor when I was a kid, for a short time. I'm now 28 and my own children see him. He's very friendly and I've never felt uncomfortable with his ability as a pediatrician. However, the staff he hires for his front desk have a 50% chance of being rude for no reason. I called today to see if there were any appointments open and she was incredibly rude and sarcastic. Maybe she was having a rough day and dealing with other frustrated parents calling in for appointments (tis the season) but seriously? No need to be a jerk. Overall, I'm very happy with the doctor, not so happy with the people he staffs his office with.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2008 | flag

I have taken my two children to Dr.Weizman for over 12 years. In my opinion he is a wonderful doctor that does not want to over medicate children with antibiotics. People that have made comments about his personality need to get a grip - he is a doctor not an childrens entertainer. That is who he is, he is very well educated and takes his job seriously.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2008 | flag

I have never been comfortable with Dr.Weizman seeing my daughter.3 times he came in the room refering to my daughter as a boy,he obviously didn't take the time to even look at her file before coming in the room.Now i don't know if its because im a young mom, but he never even seemed like he cared to be there.He never tried to get to know my daughter.She cries the minute he starts to examine her.He's horrible at giving needles.My daughter SCREAMS, and bleeds everytime.Whenever i have a scheduled appointment,i'm always left waiting to be seen.His front desk staff are the rudest ive ever met.I've overheard them making rue comments about how people are dealing with their upset children.I tried to get in on short notice, worried about my daughter because of how she was breathing,they got short with me and told me to go to a walk in. Im looking for a new doctor as i search this site. I will not have him see my daughter again.

Submitted June 3, 2008 | flag

Dr. Weizman has been seeing my daughter for almost 5yrs and has taken our concerns regarding her health seriously. He does take action when there is a health concern, and with a shortage of drs who can blame him for being tired at the end of the day. Being first time parents when we seemed to be over acting he calmly explained our daughter's health concern and never made me feel like a parent who was overreacting. I am grateful for such a wonderful physician and feel lucky to have my daughter and soon to be new daughter under his care.

Submitted March 21, 2008 | flag

Our son went for his 4 month vaccination, thanks to the hands of this angel he realized something was wrong and our son was admitted two days later to begin treatment for Neuroblastoma. We are moving to Thompson but will drive back to have him for our boys. He saved my son's life. How do you thank someone for that?

Submitted Jan. 10, 2008 | flag

Definitely a burned out guy. I found him to be quite elitist, making derisive comments about children who were "in care" of a social service agency... Actually named another one of his patients in a conversation with me which is clearly a breach in confidentiality and a PHIA violation. He's fine in terms of medical treatment, but the breach is a basic physician's ethical responsibility, so it disturbed me that he didn't feel obliged to maintain it.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2007 | flag