Rate Dr. Andrew Budning

Dr. Andrew Budning's Ratings

I think it's funny and ridiculous that people are complaining about the wait times and Dr. Budning's staff. WHO CARES ABOUT THAT. This site is called RateMDs not RateMDs staff. Give the guy a break. He is a truly gifted surgeon! I lived with alternating strabismus for 24 years and thanks to the excellent work of Dr. Budning my strabismus has been corrected to a measurement of 10 PD. It's a miracle to finally have the confidence to look people in the eye and engage in conversation without the awkward looks. Believe me when I say that it is worth the wait to see this guy. Thank you so much Dr. Andrew Budning! You have improved the quality of my life.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

Punctuality is poor, receptionist rude, but Dr. Budning does excellent work. Dr Budning corrected my young child's strabismus 6 years ago with one surgery. We havn't had any issues since. I highly recommend this doctor even though the office experience sucks.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

I went to Dr. Budning's office today with my toddler for his strabimus. It took me 3 months to get the app't. When I arrived I was told the app't had been re-scheduled weeks ago and a msg had been left for me. I never received any messages. I had read on this site about this happening to someone so I specifically called during the week to confirm the appointment. Surprise, surprise no call back. Honestly I am so fed up...this guy might be a good doctor but from what I see from his staff and office I am so reluctant to put my son in his hands. If he is truly the only pediatric opthomologist specializing in strabismus in Ontario he surely can't be hard up for cash. Hire some decent, competent staff!!! Get some nice furniture in your office and how bout a few toys as well since apparently the wait is horrendous? Is our time not worth as much?? I hate that I have no choice but to see him. I literally wanted to cry today as I was so looking forward to some answers finally, but clearly it was not to be :(

Submitted March 14, 2014 | flag

I was referred to see Dr. Budning and waited 3 mths for my appt date. When I went in for my 1st appt the secretary was very cold and mean, I stood there for a few minutes without her even acknowledging me, I had to say something in order to get her attention; not a good impression on my first visit. 2nd, I didn't even see Dr. Budning, I seen an associate, some Oriental guy. Who was not the specialist and he said he would have to discuss his findings with Dr. Budning and someone would call me back. After 4 hours in this office and not getting the proper treatment, I was upset. But I thought just be patient, don't judge to quickly. So I got the call and I was told Dr. Budning would see me in another 3 mths, upsetting yet again. 3 mths later I go to my appt and his office is so packed pts r sitting on the flr, I was like, who have I been referred 2? So I see Dr. Budning and all he does is give me a rx for glasses and tells me nothing is wrong. When I know something is definitely wrong.

Submitted March 5, 2013 | flag

Lived with right eye turning in all my life.used to look abnormal. Consulted lots of opthamologists in the past both in Canada and abroad but they all refused to perform surgery due to risk of double vision. Not only I got his appointment in weeks time but he performed surgery just 12 days after the consultation at his office in Mississauga. I am so happy my strabismus surgery was done just three days after my birthday.thanks for such a great gift on my Bray. Can't express my feelings in words. Keep up the good work Dr Budning

Submitted Dec. 20, 2012 | flag

He smokes and doesn't wash his hands afterwards. He was touching my eyelids to open them up to take a closer look in my eye (I have strabismus or "lazy eye") and I could smell cigarettes on his fingers as he was touching my eyes! It was disgusting. Kind of tainted the whole experience. I asked about eye training exercises and he wasn't helpful at all and had no resources to offer on the subject. Never went back.

Submitted July 28, 2012 | flag

After seeing a few different surgeons and under going many different tests for my adult strabismus. I was told that nothing could be done and that it would cause more harm than good if they were to operate on it. Dr. Budning was the only person that offered any help. After 1 visit, he determined that surgery was required and that there was a very good chance that he could correct it. I am now 3 weeks post op and I am very pleased with the results. After 24 years with strabismus, I thank Dr. Budning for helping me :)

Submitted March 27, 2012 | flag

Submitted Jan. 26, 2012 | flag

Sorry to say that Dr. Budning has no compassion at all... his attitude with patients is like... "NEEEXT!"..."NEEEXT!" It's like he's in a hurry all the time. Always late w/ appointments. Staff who schedules patients are very disorganized. Gave us an appt. once and when we got there, the office was closed! Didn't even call us to reschedule. I had to call them. He got upset when we asked to be referred back to our original opthalmologist. He even told his staff to tell us that once we leave as his patient, we can never go back to him again (Huh?)...but we still left anyway.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2011 | flag

Another very satisfied patient here. Surgery just two days ago for strabismus resulting from thyroid eye disease (Graves). Absolutely first class care from Andrew Budning and Credit Valley Hospital. Yesterday (on a Saturday) his office was full of smiling, happy kids and people of all ages who were part of the Friday surgery group, returning a day later for post-op check-up. Incredible to see first hand how this surgery can be so positively life altering. I have read a number of negative comments here about waiting times. Patients, Parents, pack a snack, bring a book, however long it may take to get through this waiting room will be the best quality time you can spend in the treatment of your strabismus or that of your child.

Submitted March 13, 2011 | flag