Rate Dr. Andrew Budning

Dr. Andrew Budning's Ratings

I have taken both my children to Dr.Budning on separate occasions and will not be going back. He criticised optometrist care and told me to bring my youngest to him. For my youngest we waited 3 months for our appointment, day off work, day off school. When we got there, he wasn't even in the office!! We were seen by a some person who did some kind of exam in the hall, likely not more qualified than an optometrist as they didn't even do a full eye exam. He is to return in 5 months - what for? Staff is rude, wait times are outrageous, Dr.Budning is arrogant. Did nothing for my kids so not going back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2742978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

I had surgery for my strabismus 8 years ago and still to this day I'm very happy with the results. Dr. Budning is a excellent doctor, I highly recommend him! The only thing that I didn't like is the wait times, you usually wait almost 2 hours when you go to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Had a surgery to fix my strabismus when I was 16 Years ago (over 15 year ago!) and my eyes were great then, and still great now. I remember feeling safe, like he just knew what he was doing. My eyes healed perfectly afterwards and even now, my eyes are perfectly balanced now - no more strabismus! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Awesome with kids my daughter loves him very gentle and kind

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2671284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

I have been taking my kids to Dr Budning for 14 years. 2/3 of my kids had strabismus. My odest had surgery on one eye and my middle child had surgery on both eyes. Amazing difference after the surgery and no problems since. The wait times are horrible. I have to drive 1.5 hours one way to come see him and then sit in the office for another 2-3 (sometimes longer)and another 1.5 hours home. I hate appointment days. He really does need a bigger office as I don't like to sit on the floor out in the hallway. I have never had any issues with the staff there, although they could be a little friendlier. The way I look at it is they get the brunt of the comments and calls from unhappy patients so I would probably get a little grumpy from time to time. All these little issues are not a big deal to me as his work is outstanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

I think it's funny and ridiculous that people are complaining about the wait times and Dr. Budning's staff. WHO CARES ABOUT THAT. This site is called RateMDs not RateMDs staff. Give the guy a break. He is a truly gifted surgeon! I lived with alternating strabismus for 24 years and thanks to the excellent work of Dr. Budning my strabismus has been corrected to a measurement of 10 PD. It's a miracle to finally have the confidence to look people in the eye and engage in conversation without the awkward looks. Believe me when I say that it is worth the wait to see this guy. Thank you so much Dr. Andrew Budning! You have improved the quality of my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

Punctuality is poor, receptionist rude, but Dr. Budning does excellent work. Dr Budning corrected my young child's strabismus 6 years ago with one surgery. We havn't had any issues since. I highly recommend this doctor even though the office experience sucks.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2496113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I went to Dr. Budning's office today with my toddler for his strabimus. It took me 3 months to get the app't. When I arrived I was told the app't had been re-scheduled weeks ago and a msg had been left for me. I never received any messages. I had read on this site about this happening to someone so I specifically called during the week to confirm the appointment. Surprise, surprise no call back. Honestly I am so fed up...this guy might be a good doctor but from what I see from his staff and office I am so reluctant to put my son in his hands. If he is truly the only pediatric opthomologist specializing in strabismus in Ontario he surely can't be hard up for cash. Hire some decent, competent staff!!! Get some nice furniture in your office and how bout a few toys as well since apparently the wait is horrendous? Is our time not worth as much?? I hate that I have no choice but to see him. I literally wanted to cry today as I was so looking forward to some answers finally, but clearly it was not to be :(

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1775736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

I was referred to see Dr. Budning and waited 3 mths for my appt date. When I went in for my 1st appt the secretary was very cold and mean, I stood there for a few minutes without her even acknowledging me, I had to say something in order to get her attention; not a good impression on my first visit. 2nd, I didn't even see Dr. Budning, I seen an associate, some Oriental guy. Who was not the specialist and he said he would have to discuss his findings with Dr. Budning and someone would call me back. After 4 hours in this office and not getting the proper treatment, I was upset. But I thought just be patient, don't judge to quickly. So I got the call and I was told Dr. Budning would see me in another 3 mths, upsetting yet again. 3 mths later I go to my appt and his office is so packed pts r sitting on the flr, I was like, who have I been referred 2? So I see Dr. Budning and all he does is give me a rx for glasses and tells me nothing is wrong. When I know something is definitely wrong.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1775735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Lived with right eye turning in all my life.used to look abnormal. Consulted lots of opthamologists in the past both in Canada and abroad but they all refused to perform surgery due to risk of double vision. Not only I got his appointment in weeks time but he performed surgery just 12 days after the consultation at his office in Mississauga. I am so happy my strabismus surgery was done just three days after my birthday.thanks for such a great gift on my Bray. Can't express my feelings in words. Keep up the good work Dr Budning

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1775734].votes_count ]]