You may also like

Rate Dr. Andrew Budning

Dr. Andrew Budning's Ratings

I was referred by my optometrist and it was not brought up once, no issue there. I was referred in December, had my first appointment in February, and could have had the surgery as early as March (I opted for May). As an adult with strabismus, I needed a re-alignment to correct some muscles that had weakened since my childhood surgery. I was quite nervous and unsure if it was the right thing to do, but Dr. Budning patiently answered my questions. I found that he would answer anything I asked but otherwise he was pretty quiet. The surgery went so well, I am thrilled with the results and I would refer anyone to him in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2839784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Budning is a wonderful surgeon. He transformed our daughter's eyes, and she can see very well now. For the first time in over a year, she has proper alignment. His work was truly unbelievable. A miracle in our opinion. He performed bilateral strabismus repair surgery on our 2 year old daughter in March 2015. Leading up to the surgery, his office was great, the staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. Credit Valley Hospital was wonderful and everyone so caring. We went in the day after surgery to Dr. Budning’s office and he answered all of our questions and concerns. All we can say is this; it is very stressful and difficult having a child with severe strabismus. All parent’s can hope for is to fix this problem, and Dr. Budning was the one for us. We truly couldn’t be happier. He is the best of the best. We feel absolutely privileged to have him as our daughter’s surgeon and ongoing ophthalmologist.
Mark & Renata Milligan

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2823214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Takes long to be seen but it's worth it as he is true knowledgable specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2817343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Give yourself between 1.5 - 3 hours for every visit. He criticised my optometrist too. My referral came from my optometrist, he told me to get another referral from my family doctor because he said he won't get any payment from OHIP if the referral came from optometrist ("They are not real doctors!" is what he told me). When I asked my FD, he said,"Don't worry, he still got payment from OHIP, only not as much when ref came from FD." Shame on you Dr Budning!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785550].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I have taken both my children to Dr.Budning on separate occasions and will not be going back. He criticised optometrist care and told me to bring my youngest to him. For my youngest we waited 3 months for our appointment, day off work, day off school. When we got there, he wasn't even in the office!! We were seen by a some person who did some kind of exam in the hall, likely not more qualified than an optometrist as they didn't even do a full eye exam. He is to return in 5 months - what for? Staff is rude, wait times are outrageous, Dr.Budning is arrogant. Did nothing for my kids so not going back.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2742978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

I had surgery for my strabismus 8 years ago and still to this day I'm very happy with the results. Dr. Budning is a excellent doctor, I highly recommend him! The only thing that I didn't like is the wait times, you usually wait almost 2 hours when you go to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Had a surgery to fix my strabismus when I was 16 Years ago (over 15 year ago!) and my eyes were great then, and still great now. I remember feeling safe, like he just knew what he was doing. My eyes healed perfectly afterwards and even now, my eyes are perfectly balanced now - no more strabismus! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Awesome with kids my daughter loves him very gentle and kind

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2671284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

I have been taking my kids to Dr Budning for 14 years. 2/3 of my kids had strabismus. My odest had surgery on one eye and my middle child had surgery on both eyes. Amazing difference after the surgery and no problems since. The wait times are horrible. I have to drive 1.5 hours one way to come see him and then sit in the office for another 2-3 (sometimes longer)and another 1.5 hours home. I hate appointment days. He really does need a bigger office as I don't like to sit on the floor out in the hallway. I have never had any issues with the staff there, although they could be a little friendlier. The way I look at it is they get the brunt of the comments and calls from unhappy patients so I would probably get a little grumpy from time to time. All these little issues are not a big deal to me as his work is outstanding.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2588832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

I think it's funny and ridiculous that people are complaining about the wait times and Dr. Budning's staff. WHO CARES ABOUT THAT. This site is called RateMDs not RateMDs staff. Give the guy a break. He is a truly gifted surgeon! I lived with alternating strabismus for 24 years and thanks to the excellent work of Dr. Budning my strabismus has been corrected to a measurement of 10 PD. It's a miracle to finally have the confidence to look people in the eye and engage in conversation without the awkward looks. Believe me when I say that it is worth the wait to see this guy. Thank you so much Dr. Andrew Budning! You have improved the quality of my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515099].votes_count ]]