Rate Dr. Allen M. Putterman

Dr. Allen M. Putterman's Ratings

Dr. Putterman was excellent to work with. As an African American I was concerned about scarring but Doctor assured me that I would be very happy with the surgery. So far, almost four months, since the procedure, I am very pleased. He is timely, professional, and caused me very little discomfort. Prior to surgery he educated me on what to expect, how long healing would take, what items/prescriptions I would need and what follow-up I needed to do. All as gone just as he told me it would. His office staff is kind, polite and equally as easy to work with. Doctor has a "fellow" working with him who it appears will be another excellent physician. I highly recommend Dr. Putterman for eyelid reconstructive surgery.

Submitted April 14, 2014 | flag

I am an 85-year-old male who approached Dr. Putterman in early December 2013 because badly drooping eyelids made vision and reading very difficult. Dr. Putterman performed eyelid surgery in December with complete success. Everyone in the office was pleasant and professional. I cannot recommend him more strongly. Edwin S Mills.

Submitted March 18, 2014 | flag

Upper/lower bleph. Results were perfect. Dr Putterman is conscientious, meticulous and has excellent clinical and technical skills. Office staff was informative and congenial. Would not hesitate in recommending Dr Putterman. 5 STARS!!!!!

Submitted Jan. 21, 2014 | flag

I had a tumor/cyst removed from my upper eyelid that invloved removing part of my eyelid and eyelashes. I was very apprehensive about how it would heal, and the end result. Dr. Putterman was fantastic!!! You cannot tell at all where the tumor was. My eyelashes have grown back seamlessly...I couldn't be happier. The day of the surgery he personally called me at home to see how I was doing. I am thrilled with the results and Dr. Putterman's expertise!!! Thank you!!

Submitted Aug. 30, 2013 | flag

I had my bottom eyelids raised to correct a dry eye problem. Dr. Putterman did the procedure twice and both times it didn't work. Once the swelling went down and the stitches were taken out the eyelids didn't stay up in the proper position. I complained many times and one of his girls in the office said I should be glad I'm not blind. I found out later he used a outdated method. I wrote Dr. Putterman a letter of complaint and asked for a partial refund. He didn't care and told me to see a dry eye specialist. Now why didn't he send me to a dry eye specialist in the first place? They did do a good job taking my money though. If you're seeing him about bottom eyelids then I suggest you think twice.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2013 | flag

I feel very blessed and thankful that I have come to know Dr. Putterman and his wonderful staff; all excellent at what they do. Everyone is always kind and so helpful. I have had several eye surgeries and all have been very successful. The outcome has given me back my life, my confidence. Dr. Putterman's knowledge and skill is remarkable; very professional, yet he is so kind and caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Putterman, his office, and his staff. I am thankful to have this opportunity to let others know what a great doctor and surgeon he is.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2013 | flag

I found Dr.Putterman and his staff to be the most helpfull and nicest. I would recomend any one to see Dr.Putterman for their needs. Dr.Putterman is the best doctor in the Chicago are and took great care of me. His office staff was very supportive and made sure that all my appointmens and surgical needs were met.. His office manager Vicki took care of all my Insurance approvels and checked on me before and after surgery.

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

I had my eye repaired by Dr. Putterman on December 4, 2012. Dr. Putterman explained in detail how things would proceed and how a very complicated procedure would turn out. 10 days later I began to see how successful this was was and after 6 weeks the healing process was complete. My family who saw me during this time could not believe how successful it all turned out. I couldn't be happier with the repair that Dr. Putterman made; what could be more valuable than your eyesight. Thank you Dr. Putterman. I would highly recommend Dr. Putterman and his terrific staff to anyone needing eye surgery. Nathan Shapiro

Submitted May 14, 2013 | flag

Our son was born with congenital ptosis and we began seeing Dr. Putterman on a semiannual basis starting at 3 months of age until age two when the surgery took place. It should be mentioned we felt obligated to get a 2nd opinion from another doctor. The 2nd doctor did not believe the levator resection surgery would work and wanted to do a sling. This completely contradicted what Dr. Putterman told us since he believed the levator resection surgery could be successful, so we put our belief in his experience. The wait was very worthwhile as my son’s surgery was successful and he looks great! We couldn’t be happier with everything Dr. Putterman has done for our son. We will forever be grateful for his work. A bonus is that his appointments are always on time and the staff is very friendly. The only area that could be improved upon would be for Dr. Putterman to explain everything in layman’s terms especially when dealing with new parents or parents with young children.

Submitted April 30, 2013 | flag

First, I have to start off by saying Dr Putterman is a god send. I have suffered with Graves' disease for 15 or so years, and believe me it is a emotional experience. This disease took over my life! It altered the way I look so much I was ashamed to leave my house. My eyes were so protruded that the hurt constantly, the pressure was unreal. they were always dry and scratchy yet always were watery. My eyes did not close all the way,due to the protrusion. I could never leave the house without sunglasses, because they were so sensitive to lightI was constantly uncomfortable physically and emotionally :( I had seen several Dr over the years who I was not impressed with, but when I met dr Putterman I felt hopeful for the first time in a long while. He was very knowledgable and kind. I never have to wait, in fact I often arrive early and they always take me. I had 2 surgeries that went well. I'm happy! The staff is great! Vicky was always helpful. Dr Patel ( fellow) is great too. Great Drs

Submitted April 6, 2013 | flag