Dr. John Lysak

Rate Dr. John Lysak

Dr. John Lysak's Ratings

One of the poorest doctors around. He did my foot in 2002 and 7 years later it is still a mess. Have to have surgery again to fix his screw up. I had a law suit against him but as soon as any doctor found that out they all said there was no problem. But a foot that leaks pus for 7 years is okay. They all lie for each other. I finally got a doc that will fix and find out what is wrong.Lysay is a pile of****. He might think he can do some surgeries but is not close to knowing what he is doing. He might have been good 30 years ago but he is just a pile o**** now. I would not let him clean my toe nails.I suffered 7 years because of the other docs lying for him but I am having surgery again to fix his screw up.see you in court you pile od****.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2009 | flag

Dr. Lysak removed a minute metal sliver from my cornea (that no one else could see!). He saved my eye. I will be forever thankful to this wonderful doctor.

Submitted April 15, 2009 | flag

How can anyone say Dr. Lysack is a poor Dr. He is very caring and knowledgeable. He cares about his patients and takes a very personal interest in them. He worries about them if things aren't going right. Maybe now he is ready for retirement, but up to now he has done excellent work. My family think the world of him!

Submitted Aug. 17, 2008 | flag

This Dr was very rude to me. I was made to feel that because I was overwieght I did not deserve proper medical care. Even though my problem has nothing to do with my weight - due to his rudeness, I found a Dr that was more attentive and has manors. You really need to be polite and show respect!!!

Submitted Feb. 16, 2008 | flag

Dr. Lysak is one of the most skilled and knowledgable sugeons I have known. He did one of my many surgeries and I felt so safe and cared for. He has an amazing mind and an incredible work ethic. I guess you could say I admire him greatly and appreciate all the many hours he operates when no one else is around to call, weekend sacrificed from family etc. etc. Dauphin is fortunate and the younger Dr.'s could get smart and learn from his man. No I'm not related, but he has been my family's Dr. for many years. I am grateful.

Submitted March 25, 2007 | flag

This man saved my life. He listened. He did not discredit what I was saying as some of his collegues did. He literally pulled me back from the brink when I was on the brink of death.

Submitted March 15, 2007 | flag

Iam sorry to say that those who think that Dr.Lysak is a poor doctor; you are so wrong. Just 3 weeks ago I went in with alot of pain in the stomach, He was the only one who would keep order tests to find out what was wrong. And when the lab want to wait till the next day to do the CT Scan he said no do it now, done right away, only to find out that I had a cyst that had broke. He is a general caring doctor who will see you when you need to, he fits you into his schedule and not when he wants to.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2007 | flag

I would disagree with the negative statements made by the first two raters. Yes, Dr. Lysack has a gruff way about himself but he is definately a great surgeon. I would have an experienced and professional surgeon to do any surgery on me,rather than a nice but less skilled surgeon. He is accountable, goes the extra mile if complications arise, and is honest with his assessments. It will be a real loss when he finally does retire. Besides all that, there is a reason why he received a Canadian governor general award!!

Submitted Feb. 10, 2007 | flag

Dr. Lysack is one of the best physicians I have ever come across. I have known him all my life and he saved my father's life. He is a little blunt sometimes but he will not lie to you and tell you things are going to be okay when they are not likely to turn out well. He always has the time to talk and explain things. He is definitely not doing surgery for the money but because being a doctor is his life! He genuinely cares!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2007 | flag

Dr. Lysak did skin cancer surgery on my mother-in-law last year and I have to say that he was excellent. He was considerate, caring and totally professional. My mother-in-law is not particularly knowledgeable about medical procedures and he did an outstanding job of explaining what was going to happen, taking extra care in the reconstructive process and doing thorough follow-up. Hope he's around for a long time.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2007 | flag