Rate Dr. Gerd Schneider

Dr. Gerd Schneider's Ratings

The secretary "LIZ" is the meanest and rudest person I have ever encountered. I'm left shocked every time. So loud and obnoxious too. It takes her a while to understand anything anyone says, and she yells at you like you are in the wrong, when in fact, she just never gets it. Seems to always blame everyone for everything. She is in the wrong line of work and I think that Dr. Shnieder should fire her. He is a good doctor, especially for young people, but because of "LIZ", I would recommend staying away. Her tone, attitude, demeanour is akin to "Rozz" in Monsters Inc, but worse. Zero people skills. Zero.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1780190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

we love dr. schneider. we have been using him for our family doctor for 14yrs and have no complaints. sometimes the laid back attitude makes me wonder if he misses stuff, but so far we haven't had any problems. the secretary is HORRIBLE. and like another reviewer here, we most often these days go to the after hours clinic just to avoid her. she is IMPOSSIBLE to talk to and is VERY RUDE and completely unhelpful. we wish she would move on and stop being in between us and our favorite doctor. (i have a husband and 3 kids aged 14, 8, 6). LOVE the fact that he is open and fairly knowledgeable about natural remedies - and that he doesn't overprescribe.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1780189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2011

Dr. Schneider's laid back attitude has been both beneficial at times yet sometimes a little stressful. He seems to manage to put us at ease about most concerns, but sometimes I worry that he overlooks things. He's overall a very enjoyable and knowledgeable person. His admin. person however is absolutely intolerable. I've never experienced such an unpleasant receptionist in any field. I've witnessed her snapping at patients, rolling her eyes in plain view as she talks very condescendingly to patients calling in. She is one of the main reasons our family often resorts to walk in clinics. It's a shame that someone with such a poor attitutde is hired as frontline for a medical practice, where sensitivity and kindness goes a long way. I've spoken with others while in the waiting room who shared similar appallment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1780188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2011

Missed my daughter's autism and later my son's speech impediment, telling me politely that I was imagining both. Reached his conclusion about my son based on my son responding in kind to a monosyllabic greeting. Never went back after I mentioned I was doing very well on a low-dose SSRI for severe reactive depression and he recommended I go off them cold turkey, with no background information whatsoever. Offers no follow-up when tests are positive. Heard receptionist speak very condescendingly to other parents while waiting my turn.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1780187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2010

Tends to not explain his diagnosis or to follow up. "I don't think it's anything to worry about" seems to be a standard line, only if you have been in pain for weeks you would at least like to know why you shouldn't worry or what he thinks it probably is caused by. Completely missed my GERD condition for month and months of pain until I finally discovered what was wrong on my own. He does not seem to do things in a systematic manner and you really are left wondring if he has properly considered the factors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1780186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2010

The receptionist called my home and assumed the person answering was me and went on to reveal my pregnancy to our caregiver! When I called back to complain she took absolutely no responsiblity for this violation of patient confidentiality and instead called my employee names!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1780185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2010

Dr. Schneider really cares... he listens patiently and is truly involved in our well-being. A rare gem... wish there were more!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1780184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2009

Gerd had been our family physician for 20 years, through the birth and care of 6 children, 3 by him and 3 delivered with a midwife. His respect for a parents instincts regarding their children's health and well being is outstanding. His nature is to listen thoughtfully and diagnose carefully, and is not inclined to quickly medicate. If you are expecting children and are confident and well-informed, you will appreciate him as a trusted advisor. If you expect a medical doctor to take over your role as a parent in the health care of your child, investigate and medicate every cough and sniffle, scold and power-trip you into obeying his whim, I would suggest that you look elsewhere. And please wait to have children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1780183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2009

He is only taking pregnant women as new patients, and his interest is obviously with them alone. I hear he is great for pregnancy and birth, but if you are past your childbearing years, go elsewhere! As a couple in our fifties, I am sorry to say that we are not happy with Dr. Schneider. It is very frustrating to have to wait weeks for an appointment, then feel like he doesn't really care about our symptoms. He tends to under-treat, which can be a good thing, but at our age, we want our concerns investigated, and to be referred for tests as needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1780182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2009

Missed diagnosis on my close friend and she ended up dying of colon cancer. His office misfiled the report after colon tests. Needs to be more thorogh.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1780181].votes_count ]]