Rate Dr. Jill A. Rhymes

Dr. Jill A. Rhymes's Ratings

Dr. Rhymes has been my primary care doctor for many years. Her greatest weakness is that she is the least curious doctor I have ever met. Prospective patients need to be proactive and upfront about their own medical needs, don't expect her to do much probing or prodding or engage in any independent investigations. She never follows up about anything. She is a good listener but it's passive not proactive listening and while she can be compassionate, again, it's a passive not active compassion. On the other hand she is easy to talk to, I never had to wait more than a few days to see her, she is always on time, and she does have a reasonable amount of knowledge. So overall I'd rate her as average.

Submitted June 17, 2014 | flag

My mother found what she was looking for - a Dr. that listened! Very happy to haves over to Dr. Rhymes. Found her professional, compassionate and knowledgeable.

Submitted May 2, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient for several years. Today, I finally found another female doctor who is accepting new patients. Thankfully, I now don't have to go to Dr. Rhymes for my yearly pseudo-physical tomorrow. I have never had a doctor who was so unprofessional. She focuses on her computer entering info almost the entire time I'm talking to her. Her attempts at giving a physical are laughable. I have never had a physician do a pap smear whilst standing at arms length from the table and reaching out to take the smear as though my vagina might bite her. She does a breast exam THROUGH THE GOWN without ever actually seeing the breast or checking for discharges. Instead of checking for skin cancers by actually LOOKING at my skin, she simply asks if I have noticed any odd moles, etc. Since I don't have eyes in the back of my head, it is disturbing that she doesn't check areas I can't easily see for skin cancer by at least looking at them. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone!

Submitted April 29, 2014 | flag

dr rhymes barely seems to care or take notice of my mother during our appointments. i am switching to another doctor. she take almost no interest in all with her care. she just phones it in. the receptionist is terrible. you can not get an appt. you literally have to show up in person to get answers. the new nurse sue is compassionate and kind but also does not return calls. i would not recommend dr rhymes at all.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2014 | flag

I found Dr. Rhymes condescending and not interested enough to look at a bed sore. Her comment was I am not interested in that at the moment. So I was not interested in having her be the main physician in charge.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2013 | flag

Dr Rhymes is a good doctor but needs a trained, skilled clinic manager. Ernestine, the nurse, can be so rude and condescending to patients which reflects on Dr Rhymes. Dr Rhymes is subject to malpractice issues because of Ernestine's limited and unprofessional communication skills. I have been a patient for 3 years but will change to another MD because of Ernestine, not Dr Rhymes.

Submitted April 10, 2013 | flag

She did not appear very knowledgeable. Once when I went in for an annual exam, I also told her I had three areas of pain. She totally ignored the areas of pain, totally. All she did was take a Pap smear, even though I had had a hysterectomy years before. That was the only thing she did, no interest in any other part of the body. As I recall the bill was between $250 and $300. Glad the insurance covered it. One year she sent me a notice that my mammogram was negative. I hadn't had a mammogram.

Submitted April 3, 2013 | flag

After spending over 3 years taking my spouse to mental health professionals in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, we went to Dr. Rhymes. She immediately and correctly diagnosed Alzheimer's disease. We went to Phoenix and Banner Alzheimer's facility and they confirmed her diagnose. When we have had "issues" she is there for us and knows the new leading meds to prescribe for this illness. She and her nurse Ernestine are full of compassion -- exactly what we want in a physician. We are so thankful to have found her and her nurse.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2011 | flag

earnestine rules the whole show. dr. rhymes is rarely concerned over patient preventive health outside of mammograms and colonoscpy.

Submitted May 19, 2011 | flag

Small one physician office opened four days a week. The doctor's assistant is often disorganized and does not return phone calls or do important follow ups. Everyone is very likeable and knowledgeable but the management sloppiness is a problem. I will look for another doctor mainly because her assistant does not follow up and needs far too many reminders to move paperwork forward.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2009 | flag