Rate Dr. Michael Milgrom

Dr. Michael Milgrom's Ratings

Dr. Milgrom is dismissive and uncaring. He makes it clear that he just wants to just check you off his list and reach that patient quota so he can go home. He didn't tell me a thing about the problematic portion of my imaging results or suggest next steps. He told me to find a family doctor and that he is NOT taking new patients (not that I even asked him). I've had to rely on my physiotherapist, pharmacist, and Google to interpret my condition and figure out the next steps to recovery. He does however respond when asking to seek a specialist appointment—to get you off his plate I figure. I rated his knowedge as a 1 because he didn't care to share any of it with me, so who knows. I suspect that at one time in his career he was more forthcoming with it! I have never written an online rating in my life, but I felt compelled to. I am far from a 'needy' patient I just expected a level of respect and a plan to deal with my injury which was not acheived on either of my two visits to him. The few here that have rated him well must be family or friends. You'd do best to avoid him if your medical issue requires more than a quick glance and a mumbled response.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2639024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

I first time I saw this doctor about my neck which had seized up and made turning my neck very painful. I had to take a day off work. This doctor dismissed my problem by saying that I'd probably had a 'zinger'. My neck has seized up on multiple occasions since. I found his manner flippant and rude. I avoid seeing him as much as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Rude, aggressive, disrespectful and ignorant. He diagnosed a spot on my nose as a cyst and he told me to slap antibiotics on it. It was later diagnosed as cancer. By the time I realised it was cancer I had to have surgery to have it removed. Since then I've had four surgeries and am left with a large scar on my face. Do not go to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

I wish I could rate milgrom lower. I have been to him twice now at care point and refuse to see him again. I thought maybe the first time he was just having a bad day. But no. He scoffs at any vitamin supplements you might take even if they are currently helping your problem. He grunts at any questions you ask or just doesn't say anything at all. He simply doesn't care. He sent me for incorrect examinations according to the hospital I went to and completely wasted my time. Get out of the medical field you old grumpy crackpot. Other docs at care point are really good in my experience. Stay away from milgrom at all costs. Even if it means a longer wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2510409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Horrible doctor. I refuse to see him again. Anytime I go to Care Point, I request to see either Dr Rose Sun or Dr John De couto. I don't care how long I have to wait. I will not see this dickhead Dr Milgrom ever. I like how they post the doctor schedules on the website

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

I saw Dr. Milgrom at the Carepoint clinic in New Westminster. He, for one thing, did not even bother to close the door of the examination room (I had to do it to preserve a sense of privacy). Not only was he rude and completely disinterested with my care, he did not take any vitals or any medical Hx, did not want to answer questions around my concerns. I insisted that he examine me, which he did very reluctantly. I do not understand how doctors such as him can stay in business.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1782507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

I loathe this man. Have had the displeasure of seeing him on more than one occasion. Hes arrogant, rude, abrasive. Refused to give me a requisition for electrolytes as the BP medication Im on has a high side effect of hyperkalemia. Said I didnt need it. Refused to give me a requisition for SELF PAY cholesterol even after I told him my family hx of CAD, including my 22y old brother who has high lipids. AND that I would pay for it. Told me I was young and I didnt have cholesterol. Then, After waiting for this pompous ass 1.5 hours in the walk in to get a prescrption renewal for Birth Control ( That he has given to me before in the past -- and That I have been on for 6years of my life) Said no, walked me back out to the waitroom and told the staff to put me in with the other doctor. The other doctor wasnt going to be in till 2 hours later. Why is this man allowed to practice?! carepoint newwest just lost a patient cuz of this swine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1782513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2013

Rude, unprofessional. Worse, when I was put in the "little room", there was a tongue depressor on the floor. I kicked it with my shoes, glad I did not touch it. He used a tongue depressor for my medical issue, just threw it in the general area of the garbage can. How on earth can Care Point keep this MD on staff? He is a disgrace to the medical profession. I believe that this Care Point office has other non caring MDs on staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1782506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Dr Milgrom should get out of the business of healing people. He is very rude, abrasive, impolite, doesn't take any time to understand. He sneered at the fact that I see a naturopath as a health care provider. He said, If you choose to seek alternate help, you can afford to have these tests done yourself. If only my experience with doctors were better, I would save a lot of money. If only there were mandatory cameras in the doctor office, he might actually think twice before being a complete ass. He might actually be a human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1782505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Perhaps Mr. Milgrom will read this and stay home the next time he's feeling annoyed at the prospect of dealing with patients that day. Terse, aloof, uncommunicative, and annoyed. Entering an examination room with a mask is another sign of missing bedside manners. I've seen vehicles get more respect from their mechanics. When you need to wait hours to see a Doctor (in Canada) of this calibre, it makes you want to wait even longer to see someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1782504].votes_count ]]