Rate Dr. Douglas Fonteyne

Dr. Douglas Fonteyne's Ratings

I really like Dr. Fonteyne. He makes me feel comfortable all the time, and I feel at home with him. However if I had one criticism is that, he jumps to the point right away, and while not beating around the bush is good, he says oh your problem is xyz here is a prescription, come see me again if you have more issues, and hes out the door. I realize he is a very busy man, and I am understanding. Others might not be. So for that, I give him 4 stars.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Dr. Fonteyne has been my doctor since I was a kid, and after leaving him for a bit because of the distance, I haven't been able to find another doctor that is as helpful and caring as he is. He's been my family's doctor for many years, and I'm definitely going to continue that with my future children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

I have been with Doug almost since he became a Doctor and have always been pleased with his performance and medical recommendations! He has always treated me with the utmost respect and candour. I will not be happy if he decides to retire before I do permanently!!! My wife uses him and she is very satisfied with him also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Dr. Fonteyne has been our family physician for years. He is absolutely incredible. He is a wonderful, caring and considerate doctor with a terrific sense of humour. He spends as much time as we need at every visit. If we have to wait...it's well worth it because we know we are getting the best care in Edmonton. We feel lucky to be in his care as he is extremely knowledgable and thorough. He's the best of the best!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

Success is a poor teacher. And Pharma reps are a poor choice for information. He was a great doctor, but his popularity has gone to his head. For me, he's simply not doing the job anymore.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2013

Dr. Fonteyne is simply the best! I have been seeing him since he was in castledowns but stopped when he moved to Millwoods. After trying 3 different family doctors I no longer mind the 35 minute drive to see him. He does have a fair number of patients and you may have to wait an extra 20 minutes in his waiting room but it is well worth it. Polite, courteous, knowledgeable, and very friendly could not find a better Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

great Doctor... have been referred to him through family and friends... runs a bit behind by the end of the day but worth it... spends the time with you if you need it... also gets to the point and takes care of things in a timely manner... good sense of humour... always seems to be in good mood... my kids love him.. great knowledge

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2012

Dr Fonteyne is the most caring and compassionate doctor I could ask for. I had a very difficult pregnancy and my daughter is still in the NICU at the Stollery and though she already has a team of doctors, he follows her progress and my own. He remembers my family history and asks how they are doing. He is truly amazing and I consider to be lucky to have him as my doctor. He does have a long list of patients and frequently runs behind but he is well worth the wait! I drove from Northwest Edmonton to Millwoods because he is that amazing to deal with!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

Am very happy to have Dr F for our family doc. He is knowledgable and caring. Always polite and attentive. He does look for answers that are not always in pill form.He has truly found his calling!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783112].votes_count ]]