Rate Dr. Cosmas O. Onuora

Dr. Cosmas O. Onuora's Ratings

I drove from Dover to go to Dr. Onuora so that I could have a vbac. When I went into labor he was extremely rude and did not want to allow any of my wishes. I asked for my water to not be broken and to allow it to break on its own, and no pitocin. He bullied me into both by threatening to leave the hospital and told me "good luck finding another vbac doctor." He also tried to schedule me to be induced at 39 weeks. You are NEVER supposed to induce a vbac. When I went into labor on my own he made comments about me not waiting until the day he'd scheduled and said that he wasn't staying at the hospital all night because he had a meeting in the morning. RUN FAR AWAY from this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I trusted him with my life and my child's life. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! He delivered me over 20 yrs ago, then deliver 2 of my sisters children. But when it came to me & my son he told me he had the lowest csection rate in the state of ohio, which was a LIE! I had an unnecessary csection and he still wont tell me why. RUN AWAY PEOPLE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2012

He is a great doctor and does a wanderful job caring for his patients and his staff are very helpful and nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

Wonderful Doctor. I refer everyone I know to him!! He delivered my three youngest daughters and my granddaughters. Takes wonderful care of all of us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2011

Although I do like Dr. Onuora from my few visits as a new, first time pregnancy patient I will most likely be changing soon. During my firt visit his staff was extremely rude and unprofessional. When I made my first appointment I informed the receptionist I did not have my insurance card but would be able to provide my billing info until it arrived in the mail. I was told that would be fine. I went back into an exam room while my boyfriend stayed in the waiting room and told me that the girls were complaining that I didn't have my card for several minutes. They also spoke loudly and freely about several other patients, which included calling one a ****. Although I am young, I found this unsettling and having worked in a medical office, also found it unacceptable. It's unfortunate for a good doctor to lose patients over a poor staff, but that is not an environment I would like to frequent during my pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783438].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

This doctor is AmAZING! During my first pregnancy, I had a different doctor and at 22 weeks I decided that there was no way I could have that doctor deliver my child! We did not click. I was referred to Dr. Onuora by a friend and immediately fell in love with his staff, his office, and his demeanor. I would never go to another OBGYN after this unless he quit practicing! Also, his partner Dr. Curd is wonderful as well. All in all, I would refer everyone I know to him! He is an amazing doctor, and is soon delivering my second child... ?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

I recommed Dr. Onoura to everyone I know. He is a great doctor. His knowledge is vast and he always explains everything to his patients. He has delivered two of my children by C-section and after both surgeries I felt great, healed quickly. He is very trustworthy during a high-risk pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2008

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with the other posters. I found Dr. Onuora very unhelpful and unwilling to address any concerns. He was very paternalistic, and not ever willing to explain anything. I was very frustrated during the entire pregnancy, and I would not use him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2007

THIS DR IS THE MOST DILIGENT AND COMPASSIONATE DR YOU COULD FIND IN STARK COUNTY. HE WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR CARE AND ALWAYS IS INVOLVED WITH THE HOSPITALS AND AREA DOCTORS FOR THE ADVANCEMENT AND CONTINUATION OF CARE AND EDUCATION AMONG HIS PEERS FOR ALL OF OUR HEALTH. I HAVE WORKED FOR HIM AS WELL AS HAVING BEEN HIS PATIENT. I SEND EVERYONE I KNOW TO HIM. HIS PATIENTS COME FIRST AND FOREMOST AND HE IS GENUINE .HE IS WORTH THE WAIT IF ANY IN THE WAITING ROOM.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

I just think hes wonderful and I would recommend him to anyone and from what Ive heard he's great at C-Sections

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1783433].votes_count ]]