Rate Dr. M. J. Kalchman

Dr. M. J. Kalchman's Ratings

My daughter had a scope done by Kalchman . She was given top treatment by all staff in and out of hospital . Listening to people on waiting room at clinic and Kalchman is one of the best . Lucky to have him in our area

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2654833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

i had a surgery that was never done before i am 15 now but i was 13 at the time he cut both my femurs in half then put poles in after rotating them 30 degrees or so. he was amazing he helped with the pain and answered every question with kindness and politeness. He was amazing i am all healed up now and might i say he changed my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Wonderful experience!!!! Very friendly receptionist. The Doctor was so kind and asked me how I felt. He listened to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

My daughter broke her elbow and Dr. Kalchman did surgery to pin broken piece back on. After the pins were removed 5 weeks post surgery, the piece of bone moved and he didn't have the decency or heart to help my 5 year old.. He acted like everything was fine even though her range of motion was at a mere 20% of what it was. We ended up (with no help from Kalchman) getting a second opinion and a second surgery a year later in London, ON. If it wasn't for me pushing for help, my daughters arm would have been disabled for life. She now has almost 100% of her range of motion back. This doctor does not admit his mistakes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

This guy is a joke patients have a right to have a family member in the room with them when receiving medical treatment this doctor is in full breach of patient rights do not see this doctor !!! He also doesn't allow the patient to advocate for themselves what he says goes and that's not right either. And his office staff are more rude then he is being seen by this clinic is a waste of time

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2532729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2511458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

Dr. Kalchman recently performed surgery on my 6 year old son's forearm (ulna and radius break). We initially met with him in the Emergency, where he was every bit the professional, making my son feel cared for and taking time to answer any questions we had. Prior to and following the surgery he was attentive and easygoing, which reassured us that we were in good hands. Our follow up appointments have also been great (albeit with longish wait times), but he and his staff are doing the best with what they have to work with @ the General. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Kalchman, and we will certainly request him if we need orthopedic work again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1785322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Terrible bedside manner or manners at all! Never gave me any after care instructions for broken leg. Didn't acknowlegde me, very arrogant man. I went in to have my cast removed 4 weeks later and since I was laid up didn't notice my health card expired. I said " No problem I can pay," to the receptionist. They reimburse so not biggie right. She told me they had to speak with the Dr. first. Ok. Now I know I was dressed for comfort, broken leg and all but I could not believe what this Dr. did. He came out in front of the waiting room, myself and staff and stated, " Did I get paid for the last one". He then phoned, himself, health canada to check in front of everyone. He then stated, " I don't work for free! That card is like a credit card cancelled means no money!" I own my home, work and am a tax payer, but after that I left the office, renewed my card and looked for another Dr. My son was there and witnessed this, along with the staff, and other patients.Thought I lived in Canada!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1785325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2011

Do not see Dr K go to the emergency in Hamilton if you have to. My daughter was referred to Dr K with a broken forearm after a botched operation by Dr Martin. Dr K came in and out of the room numerous times looking at the x-ray but never speaking until he said she would have a permanently disfigured arm due to the radius and ulna both going 30 degrees the wrong way as they were improperly set and he was opposed to breaking and resetting. We went to McMaster Sick Kids emergency where a brilliant surgeon and team were able to re break and fix the problem. Take any problem to Hamilton, please!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1785324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2011

Our 4 year old broke his arms few years ago and we had to wait 4 hours for the doctor to show up, maybe not his fault. Dr Kalchman put cast on him & started to bend the broken bone into place without any anesthetic. Since we felt very uncomfortable with his diagnosis we followed up couple days later at McMaster, Hamilton where they performed a surgery on our sons arms right away, not doing so would have possibly restricted our son to twist his arms in the future or made it easier to get the arm broken again. At our two week followup with Kalchman I went without our son to talk to him in private. Once he noticed that our son was not with me, he went on defense mode instantly - no compassion, just really only concerned about himself. I know we all can make mistakes sometime, but I also think we should face criticism once in a while, unfortunately Kalchman doesnt seem to be man enough to do so. Have to give him credit though to have put the cast on our son's correct arm, great job!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1785323].votes_count ]]