Rate Dr. M. J. Kalchman

Dr. M. J. Kalchman's Ratings

This guy is a joke patients have a right to have a family member in the room with them when receiving medical treatment this doctor is in full breach of patient rights do not see this doctor !!! He also doesn't allow the patient to advocate for themselves what he says goes and that's not right either. And his office staff are more rude then he is being seen by this clinic is a waste of time

Submitted Sept. 11, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014 | flag

Dr. Kalchman recently performed surgery on my 6 year old son's forearm (ulna and radius break). We initially met with him in the Emergency, where he was every bit the professional, making my son feel cared for and taking time to answer any questions we had. Prior to and following the surgery he was attentive and easygoing, which reassured us that we were in good hands. Our follow up appointments have also been great (albeit with longish wait times), but he and his staff are doing the best with what they have to work with @ the General. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Kalchman, and we will certainly request him if we need orthopedic work again.

Submitted March 6, 2013 | flag

Terrible bedside manner or manners at all! Never gave me any after care instructions for broken leg. Didn't acknowlegde me, very arrogant man. I went in to have my cast removed 4 weeks later and since I was laid up didn't notice my health card expired. I said " No problem I can pay," to the receptionist. They reimburse so not biggie right. She told me they had to speak with the Dr. first. Ok. Now I know I was dressed for comfort, broken leg and all but I could not believe what this Dr. did. He came out in front of the waiting room, myself and staff and stated, " Did I get paid for the last one". He then phoned, himself, health canada to check in front of everyone. He then stated, " I don't work for free! That card is like a credit card cancelled means no money!" I own my home, work and am a tax payer, but after that I left the office, renewed my card and looked for another Dr. My son was there and witnessed this, along with the staff, and other patients.Thought I lived in Canada!

Submitted Dec. 7, 2011 | flag

Do not see Dr K go to the emergency in Hamilton if you have to. My daughter was referred to Dr K with a broken forearm after a botched operation by Dr Martin. Dr K came in and out of the room numerous times looking at the x-ray but never speaking until he said she would have a permanently disfigured arm due to the radius and ulna both going 30 degrees the wrong way as they were improperly set and he was opposed to breaking and resetting. We went to McMaster Sick Kids emergency where a brilliant surgeon and team were able to re break and fix the problem. Take any problem to Hamilton, please!

Submitted Dec. 5, 2011 | flag

Our 4 year old broke his arms few years ago and we had to wait 4 hours for the doctor to show up, maybe not his fault. Dr Kalchman put cast on him & started to bend the broken bone into place without any anesthetic. Since we felt very uncomfortable with his diagnosis we followed up couple days later at McMaster, Hamilton where they performed a surgery on our sons arms right away, not doing so would have possibly restricted our son to twist his arms in the future or made it easier to get the arm broken again. At our two week followup with Kalchman I went without our son to talk to him in private. Once he noticed that our son was not with me, he went on defense mode instantly - no compassion, just really only concerned about himself. I know we all can make mistakes sometime, but I also think we should face criticism once in a while, unfortunately Kalchman doesnt seem to be man enough to do so. Have to give him credit though to have put the cast on our son's correct arm, great job!

Submitted Oct. 26, 2011 | flag

Kalchman had a neutral disposition when we discussed my medical issue, but he answered my questions well and, so far, I have had no problems with the arthroscopic knee surgery he performed.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2011 | flag

I agree with others on here, that Dr. Kalchman is rude, arrogant & condescending; & his office staff is incompetent or simply lazy, lying about sending/receiving MRI requests, appointments etc. Initially I was told that he may not be able to do surgery here & would refer me to London Ontario; meantime, I was instructed to avoid stairs (for life!) and to think about moving out of my 2 storey home & to change my career! The next appointment, I was told my injured knee was as healed as it was going to get, and there was nothing more he could/would do for me….(I’m only 40 yrs. old) and gave me a return to work slip, with no restrictions. The pain has been unbearable, and my Family Doctor referred me to another specialist who is taking this matter very seriously and is confident that he can fix me right up! Unless you are considered a ‘STAR athlete’ it’s not likely you will be healed here! Do yourself a favour, & find a doctor who does not treat you as a non- entity.

Submitted April 17, 2010 | flag

This man is an idiot. I was in a car accident and he fixed my broken ankle, but what he failed to address is that I had developed lymphadema and a hole developed in my leg. He kinda brushed me off and I had to seek other doctors. My ankle was and still is severly swollen even after 4 years, not once did he address this or try to help. Please dont see this man.

Submitted March 30, 2010 | flag

I saw doctor K for a complicated problem. I felt like I got above and beyond what I feel to be top notch care. Never once was he rushed he explained everything to me with patience and consideration. I feel fortunate to have this level of skill in our area...

Submitted March 23, 2010 | flag