You may also like

Rate Dr. David P. Cohen

Dr. David P. Cohen's Ratings

If you are not having an IVF you are treated like absolute garbage. The first time I met Dr. Cohen was when he was reviewing my file when he was with me in the room the first time. He seemed more interested in getting to lunch. He spent 10 minutes with me, told me I had a 10% chance of getting pregnant circled it on a scrap piece of paper and then I got a $1000 bill in the mail.

I called the office manager Nancy and the university to get clarity on the bill with no help. I also wrote letters with NO response. I'm happy to say I went somewhere else in the suburbs and am currently 8 weeks pregnant. This place is a JOKKKKKEEEE! Finally paid the $1000 bill because they were going to stick me in collections so I had no choice.

Everywhere I go, I am warning people not to go here. I think shitty doctors hide under the University of Chicago Name. Just because it's a big group DOES NOT mean it's good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2678165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I saw Dr. Cohen for IVF and have premature ovarian failure and at my lowest point had an AMH level of .03! From countless articles and blogs I have read, I firmly believe that no other doctor would have even WORKED with me, let alone gotten the results he has achieved. So far he has retrieved 4 mature eggs and we have frozen them. Due to my "situation" which entailed a lot more that just an AMH level, I was completely hopeless and I believe just how far we've come already was an absolute MIRACLE. He is very realistic and ultra-safe...always saying that the patients' health comes first, before achieving a pregnancy. But at the same time, he will try the newest, most innovative tactics that will yield the best results you will see from ANY other fertility specialist, I am sure of it. If any doctor can achieve miracles, it is Dr. Cohen! He was at University of Chicago for 15 years and now he is at The Institute for Human Reproduction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2677202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Dr Cohen is the most passionate, knowledgable and responsive Doctor. He spends the time with you explaining the issues you have and I have not seen any other doctors like Dr Cohen who respond to their patient promptly and personally. I got 2 surgical procedures done by him and IUI and was successful getting pregnant. Definetly recommend him. Also I never had to wait for my appointment he was prompt on time. Gary and Josephine the staff members are also very nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][622135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

I love Dr. Cohen. I love Gail and Maria and Gary. I wish I had more time with Dr. Cohen, but I know he makes all my decisions behind the scenes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][622134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

Aside from the first initial consultation, I barely saw Dr. Cohen let alone able to speak with him. He was not very gentle with any procedure, almost seemed completely untrained in ob/gyn. I had an HSG done by him, and it was the most horrific painful experience I ever had. I had another one done from my current doctor, and it was painless. I would not recommend him for fertility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][622133].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 18, 2012

Dr Cohen and his staff are very professional.He perfomed a polypectomy a month ago and the surgery was a great success. I feel fine the day after the surgery, no pain. I was able to go back to my yoga classes a week after and the best part is that I did not suffer those terrible cramps on my last period. Thanks Dr. Cohen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][622132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2012

We have been seeing dr. Cohen for 2 years. I was sent to him bc he was the best dr in the area. I've had 5 surgeries now w him. He is the most compassionate, knowledgeable dr i've ever meet. He has never once told us to give up& adopt, he keeps our hope of children alive even though all the test/surgeries. I'm one of his most challenging patients by far hints all the surgeries. The office staff isn't the friendliest. However nurse Gail is awesome. They need to get Erica & Nicole back! If dr cohen isn't 5 minutes early for his apt he is apologizing. I have never once had a problem w him being late. Im use to waiting over an hour in other doctors offices to see the dr. But never in dr cohen office have I've ever waited over ten minutes

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][622131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2011

Love the staff. I love that Dr. Cohen is funny and smart and cares about what yout hink.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][622130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2011

I don’t like his attitude. We went to him want him to help us fix problem of my uterine. He discussed adoption with us every time. Come on, we will think about adoption if we couldn’t get pregnant in the future, however, you are the infertility doctor, you are not the adoption agent. If we want adoption right now, why I come to you? I agree The staff was not very friendly. Just hope his surgery techniques are good and if his techniques are good, his attitude and staff are not big deal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][622129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2010

He was not interested to help me. He did IUI with sperm count of my husband = only 2 million without even telling me that sperm count was so low. Generally in the Chicago University Hospital patient does not have her owh doctor because the procedure is determined by the doctor who is in the office on the day you have a blood test... Staff was not very friendly nor accurate with the exception of the ultrasound technicians who were nice and fast.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][622128].votes_count ]]