Rate Dr. Pat Harris

Dr. Pat Harris's Ratings

I don't understand why there are so negative ratings!! My mom is 83 and was diagnosed with breast/bone marrow cancer. Dr Harris has been wonderful. She is treating her and my mom is doing pretty good considering. So hats off to this fantastic doctor!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Dr Harris is a very busy Dr and even with saying that has always had time to answer any questions you may have .My husband has had cancer twice and the prostate Dr he had was very personal but personally I did not like him what so ever ,thought he was a very poor at his job ,and we had DR Harris one year later for Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and it was like a relief I knew we where in good hands .Now she treats me for a blood disorder which is minor compared to some of her patients and when she rushes in to tell me if I am good to go for a few more months I dont expect her to sit and chat with me and frankly when she has anything to say in passing with me it is usually quite funny .Thank you Dr Harris

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

How it is that Dr. Harris is still practicing medicine is beyond me. Perhaps it is because patients seldom file complaints against doctors as we are too busy being sick to take on such a battle.Despite all the bad reviews and warnings from others I still had a shred of hope and trust that as a doctor her intent is to do her job to help/treat patients to the best of her ability. I could care less about bedside manner but what I do expect is competency and honesty and not to be judged and blamed for being sick. There is something very sinister about a doctor who treats a patient in such a way and I am thankful that I now have doctors that are able to help me. For those reading this if you are as sick as I am I can imagine that you too are clinging onto hope and I pray that your visit goes better than it did for me and so many others. I would suggest while you are waiting to see her that you request a referral to another hematologist just in case as the wait lists can be long.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

After reading some of the comments on here about Dr. Harris I was a little worried going into my appointment with her so I wanted to comment on my experience. I actually found her to be very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. She does speak very quickly so be prepared to listen the minute she walks in the door. She also uses a lot of medical terminology so you may need to ask questions if you are not up to speed on some of the medical terms. Other than that I thought she was great. I had a bone marrow aspiration done and she was very kind and supportive during this uncomfortable procedure. (It was not as painful as I anticipated either!) If I had an elderly parent or loved one going to see her I would probably want someone else to go with them to take notes because she is very quick and direct but other than that no concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1786887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Don't know why she comes highly regarded. If your under the age of 25 with cancer, she'll help you. If your over that age, forget it and make your funeral arrangements. My dad had cancer and got sick and was aditted to hospital, she came by and said point blank to his and my mom's face "there's nothing we can do, do you want to put on life-support near the end", and we never saw or heard from her again, even after repeated calls by me and my cousin who wanted some questions answered, like is it cancer that he's dying from or a complication thereof. We got nothing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1786886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1786891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2012

She is HORRIBLE! I saw her once, for the 1st time for my low white cell count and other symptoms. She looked at my abdomen for 30 seconds, my breasts for 10 seconds. told me to get dressed, handed me paperwork for the SAME BASIC blood work my family dr has run a million times and that was it!! this is AFTER I waited in her croweded smelly office with 50 other ppl waiting for her for OVER 2 hours PAST my appt time. 3 weeks later i havent heard back from her despite 3 messages and a lenghty fax. She is a stupid dr in the field just for the money! Dont go to her, if your Dr refers you.. immediately ask for someone else! she is AWFUL!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1786890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2012

Dr. Harris saved my life. She's always there when I needed her. I have been cancer free for a year and a half now and she has assured me that getting rid of her won't be so easy. She is confident, honest, and has made me feel strong through treatment. She cares about her patients, even the family of her patients. The only thing I suggest is that when you do see her, come prepared with your questions. Not just for her, but for you too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1786885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Maybe a knowledgeable doctor, but very poor at conversing with patients. She diagnosed my husband with anemia and a lack of B12, after a CTscan showed a spot on the lung, she referred him to a surgeon, who sucessfully preformed the surgery. When asked about the anemia and B12, she answered " you got through the surgery didn't you", and had no time for you anymore. Watch her staff, wrong phone no's in referral letters and appointments made and then cancelled when you when you are 150 miles from home coming in for the appointment and had called the day before to confirm the appointment. Everyone does not live in Winnipeg. Disappointed in Dr. Harris's attitude and lack of communication skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1786884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2010

The worst. I have to disagree with those who wrote she is "no nonsense." She's direct and to-the-point, but there's PLENTY of nonsense. She gets upset when you ask her questions that, I guess, she hadn't planned on having to answer. She's treats people like they are 6 years old, ending many sentences with the condescending "dear." i.e. - "Oh, your mother's not eating anymore. Well she's just going to have to eat, dear." Yeah, Doc, sure, and let's tell everyone who is depressed to "just cheer up" while we're at it. All-around despicable doctor. Go to CancerCare Manitoba instead. Much better treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1786883].votes_count ]]