Dr. Suzanne Christie

Dr. Suzanne Christie

Rate Dr. Suzanne Christie

Dr. Suzanne Christie's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

She is an excellent physician. She is very knowledgeable and patient. She takes the time to listen answer all my questions. I look forward to my appointments. She is the only one that has ever been able to help me. I consider myself lucky to have found her.

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. Christie today as a follow up checkup when I was brought to the emergency for acute headache and I'd say that aside from an hour wait, she's direct to the point and very knowledgeable.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

I had an appointment scheduled with her for August 6th and this is the second time she has had to cancel and reschedule my appointment. When I do get in to see her she is never on time usually at least 2 hours late and dismissive of any concerns that I may have. She has not diagnosed me properly saying that it could be this or that and prescribing meds based on her assumptions even though they are not working. Last week I finally decided that I am not going to see her again and I had my G.P. refer me to another neurologist who I will probably get an appointment with before I would ever be able to get into see Dr. Christie.

Submitted July 30, 2013 | flag

Regularly cancels appointments and generally late. Unpleasant but continued to see her because of the difficulty getting into neurologists. Followed me annually due to abnormal brain MRI suggestive of early MS. Dismissive and a poor communicator. At 4th year she asked her usual "are you having any neurological symptoms" which I found very disconcerting as she put the onus on me as the patient to know what those would be. She then tells me very casually that I have an 80% chance of developing MS -- the first time in 4 years she has ever said anything like that! I was so stunned I barely knew what to say -- I asked why she was telling me this for the first time and her response was basically to suggest I must have failed to understand previously or forgotten. I asked my GP to refer me to another neuro. As that referral took over one year, I returned for year 5 at which point she told me "everything is great" no need to return! I have absolutely no faith in her knowledge or ability.

Submitted July 20, 2013 | flag

Cancelled appointment with less than 20 hours notice. Dismissive of my concerns.

Submitted May 4, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Christie for many years now.I would highly recommend her. I have a very complicated medical conditions. I often need to be fit it at the last minute. Even when she is running late that day and has had to fit me in at the last minute she has taken the time with me to listen and provide the best of care. I have had to come in on the weekends and evenings. Always pleasant. She's the best!

Submitted Dec. 27, 2012 | flag

I have found Dr. Christie to be very knowledgeable. She has always taken the time to answer my questions. I have always found her to be kind, caring and she always makes me laugh!

Submitted Dec. 21, 2012 | flag

Waited 8 months for an appointment only to have it cancelled and rebooked for 3 months later. Finally, 11 months later we get in to see the doctor.I was told on the phone that the initial consultation is about 1.5 hrs. Waited for 1.5hrs for a consultation that lasted less than 10 minutes. The doctor seems nice but was of no help whatsoever. I was told that arachnoid cysts never grow and that there is nothing wrong with my child except that he does suffer from migraines and that there is nothing she can do for my child. Dr dismissed pretty much everything said. The doctor did a balance test, checked reflexes and did 2 eye exams with lights and sent us on our way. Very disappointed with the service and would not recommend this dr to anyone. Absolutely no help whatsoever and a very frustrating experience. Thank goodness I did some research on my own. Now left with the feelings of frustration of not getting any answers that are desperately needed and feeling brushed off

Submitted Aug. 17, 2012 | flag

I have seen Dr. Christie for many years for a chronic illess. Even though, I have moved many miles away, my husband and I travel to Ottawa a couple of times each year for my appointments with Dr. Christie. I have total confidence and faith in her and have been very happy with the care she has given me. I am truly grateful.

Submitted March 20, 2012 | flag