Rate Dr. Caspar Friesen

Dr. Caspar Friesen's Ratings

Dr. Friesen is absolutely excellent ! He listens to patient concerns, acts immediately on problems, consistently demonstrates superb follow-up and does not hesitate to refer you to a specialist if he feels this is the best route to go. His holistic approach to my health care needs has been very valuable as well as his solid educational information on each health concern. His skills and knowledge are top notch and his caring supportive manner has been of great value for my overall sense of well being .Dr. Friesen has done a lot for me and I feel so fortunate to have him as my GP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

There is not a better physician that I have found that takes the time with ones concerns. He is extremely busy but yet still takes the time and effort to work with the individual. Let's face it Dr. Friesen is providing a service in a very understaffed field here in Victoria. His ability to look beyond perscription drugs and find alternative solutions to ailments is wonderful and he does think outside the box. Those that mention about Dr. Friesen's yoga breathing or organic eating suggestions should look at themselves and realize that most conditions/ailments are not, nor need, to be fixed with a drug. Take a look at your lifestyle and I think you may find help from within. I also have to mention the front staff who I think are the best and most proficient I have come across. Thank you Dr. Friesen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1788697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2013

Dr Friesen has been my doctor for a few years now. I have chronic low back pain. He is awesome. I think he is the best doctor I have ever seen in my lifetime. He is punctual, kind, very smart and is always willing to explore options. He is encouraging and is a very good listener. I cannot speak highly enough of this man. I think that some of the negative reviews here are from some people who expect to be "fixed" in a single visit and who are expecting a Dr. Patch Adams. Dr Friesen is professional and encourages new ideas. He is ALWAYS on time too, and never rushes a patient out. In a word, he is brilliant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1788696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2011

My 2nd appointment with Dr. Friesen he is late.I was refused prescriptions for needed medications.I wanted immovane a sleeping pill.I was told instead to, "try breathing exercises" I've had sleeping problems since I was a child thanks Dr. Friesen you're helpful! I was then refused a prescription for Wellbutrin an anti-depressant.He felt I wasn't depressed. I had seen himtwice and talked to him for a total of 25 minutes he knew me well enough to determine if I'm depressed or not. He then refused to give me a prescription for Fucidin cream an antibiotic. He said my rash is 'hardly noticable', a huge arse black disoloured skin rash covering my entire upper lip. After my "appointment" with "doctor" Friesen I went to a walk in clinic. Within a half hour I had all my prescriptions for my non-addictive, completely non-dangerous medications. BTW doc not everyone is an upper class WASP and wants to do yoga and eat organic foods some of us want medical treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1788695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Friesen for about ten yrs now... I came here from back east and after being denied from 8 or 9 other GP's... I was fortunate enough to hear that he was taking new patients at the time. I love how he takes what you have to say into effect... Some other Dr. and specialists dont do that. This can be very frustrating if you have a cronic problem and never really get help. I would highly recommend him to anyone of any age fortunate enough to have him as your Doctor. He's the greatest

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1788694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Friesen has cared for my husband and I for approximately 10 years. He has been approachable, considerate, respectful and caring. Hubby has had 2 heart attacks within the last 5 years and Dr Friesen was available on a same day, next day basis both times. His staff was SO helpful in putting through phone calls even during office hours, assisting us when anxiety was high. Our out of town daughter had a severe medical emergency while visiting. She was admitted to emerg and Dr. Friesen saw her in the hospital the first evening.... on a weekend night, I might add. What docs do that anymore? He has been proactive and encourages us to be so with regards to our health. He is punctual. He's a good listener and problem solver. He has diagnosed and treated several minor ailments for both of us and is happy to refer out when required. Because he is younger then we are, we are happy to think that as we reach those 'senior years', he will be there for us for a long time to come.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1788693].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr Friesen has been my GP for 10 years. When my wife was dying he made house calls and was most supportive of both of us. DR Friesen is the epitome of all the best qualities one could ask in a physician. HE listens carefully to his patients and offers professional guidance regarding RXs, treatments and self help practices. He is completely up to date regarding new treatment, practices and supporting research. He is unfailingly punctual yet he at no time makes the patient feel rushed. His record keeping is concise, complete and details conditions as a well as treatments. I regard myself as being extra ordinarily lucky in having the medical attention from so fine a Dr. Indeed he is more than a doctor he is a healer in finest sense of the Hippocratic Oath

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1788692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

unhelpful, unknowledgeable, brisk, looked at clock, doesn't go in depth, very superfical treatment, not respectful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1788691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

he is my doctor for over 5 years. during that time i had 6 major operations under his care . not only did he link me up fast to the best surgeons and specialists, but his after care , his initial diagnosis were always tops. I am severly disabled, and without Dr.Friesen i would be in much worse shape and greater pain. he gives a lot of advice for changes in my private living at home- and i follow most of it and it has turned my life around to where i am more positive and can manage my chronic disability better . not only is he very knowledgable and caring , but a real gentelman in his manerisms too. oftne when i called from home he got back to me asap and was very helpful when i could not make it to his clinic. my wish : that we had more doctors like him who care for the pateint and give them the best care, time, understanding. most of the older ones especially seem to not care anymore but just are interested in $ and fast visits. Dr friesen is the shining example how to do it right

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1788690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I find Dr. Friesen to be a very good doctor. I have benefited greatly from his habit of recommending actions I can take myself to alleviate my symptoms, as I am eager to participate in my own care whenever possible (it’s cheaper, has fewer side effects than prescription drugs and empowers me). We do not always see eye to eye on things but I find him willing to listen and accommodate my ideas, or clearly explain why if he disagrees. He has helped me through a serious illness and many minor ones, and I am very grateful for his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1788689].votes_count ]]