Rate Dr. Richard A. Hynes

Dr. Richard A. Hynes's Ratings

Dr. Hynes is amazing, he has operated on my daughter several times ..restoring her ability to walk and just recently he repaired more ruptured more ruptured disks for me. I am over 80 and doing fine. He did not cut my back muscles this time, going through a small incision in the abdomen - replacing 2 disks and 3 bone grafts. a little over a month after surgery I am doing great. We would NEVER go to another back surgeon! Thank God for Doctor Hynes!!!

Submitted June 11, 2014 | flag

Currently 4 of 4 stars | Richard A Hynes, MD | show details by John henry callahan on May 26th, 2014 Doctor Richard Hynes is a outstanding Doctor! He Cares he goes above and beyond in everyway. I was in crippling pain witht cervical neck pain could not use my arms hands were very weak couldn't sleep was in pain 24/7 had surgery 5/23/14 I am a new person I am very grateful to doctor Hynes his staff especially Melissa !!! The nurses at Holmes Jill who is an angel and Susan thank you for you kindness! I was kind of afraid they eased my fear. Don't was your time with anyone else Doctor Richard Hynes It The Best Second to none !

Submitted May 26, 2014 | flag

If you want to never see the actual doctor or have phone calls returned and be shuffled from one person to another, this is the place to go. The doctor is very "full of himself" and does not give the impression that he is concerned about his patients once the surgery is completed. I have far more problems post-op than I did before the surgery!

Submitted Jan. 21, 2014 | flag

Your back is too important to let this so called doctor even touch it. Had several small and one large surgery. The big one revealed the incompetence level of this so called surgeon. They are also very unprofessional and rude.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2013 | flag

The entire organization is all about the money and not the patient. My husband is now in far more pain and yet treated with total disregard. How did it become so acceptable for patients to be treated so badly? All about their systems and certainly not the patient. Stay away as you will not find care of any kind here.

Submitted June 7, 2013 | flag

Dr Hines saved my mother's life. He is an excellent surgeon. I have been a nurse for 36 years and have worked with some of the best neurosurgeons in the country. Believe me, he is one of them. Whatever you do, don't go to Dr Basil Theodotou. Theodotou actually asked me if he could euthanize my mother after he paralysed her and left her spinal compressed for a week. Stick with Dr Hines if you value your life.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2012 | flag

Had fusion, worse pain than before. I would never recommend this Dr to anyone. So sorry I trusted him and now my life is filled with pain. Go elsewhere and get second and third opinions. After surgery no one wanted to help me. Finally I gave up and went elsewhere. BEWARE. I had to finally stop working due to pain. Wasn't ready to be put out to pasture.

Submitted May 18, 2012 | flag

I have had 2 cervical injuries and Dr. Hynes was my surgeon. His staff including his PA's, nurses and staff was nothing other than very professional and informative. They made me feel very comfortable about the surgeries and was right on the money as to my healing. He is not a **** and I would recommend him to any of my family members or friends.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2011 | flag

I can not stress enough; find another doctor and different office all together. DO NOT go to DR HYNES! I had the surgery at the beginning of 2011. I am in more pain today then before my surgery. Dr. Hynes does not care about his patients; he is extremely conceited . I tried to express to him about my concerns but he only wanted to blame someone else. I can't believe he is actually able to practice like this. I experienced numerous problems with the office staff as well; from not returned phone calls to scheduling appointments, transferring to a line where no one answers, (too many to list). I wish someone would have warned me prior to going to him. Good Luck

Submitted Sept. 2, 2011 | flag

I had surgery in November and have NOT seen Dr. Hynes since the day of surgery. It is now March 2nd. He has not called my internist back ( she made 17 phone calls to him ). This man should not be practicing. I still have back pain and must now seek another doctor to see what is going on. Please find another back surgeon if you need surgery.

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag