Dr. Steve M. Shindell

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Steve M. Shindell has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does the Dr. accept medicare Supplement?    Email me    Answer it

Psychologist-related: counseling, psychological trauma, psychological problems, mental illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5478689
15/05/14 1 1 1 1 This is the most RUDE OFFICE I have EVER come in contact with.I called the office to re-schedule my appointment and no one answered.I called from 4:26pm Until 4:48 with no answer,so I left a message to let them know I needed to reschedule (my appointment was for 7:30 am the following morning).I received a phone call from the DR. telling me that I would not be re-scheduled!!!!Who does that?I tried calling all morning and finally got a answer around 10:45 and they proceeded to tell me all Dr.'s are like that and if I wanted to come, I would have to pay over $200 out of pocket to see him.I then told her this was rude and she proceeded to tell me to call the original Dr. and have him give me a referral to another Dr. She also told me that they would still get patients regardless of my review.WOW!  Respond

04/05/14 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 4852181

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Steve" to "Steve M."
RID: 2619177
16/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shindell gives practical, helpful advice. He and his staff are incredibly nice and pleasant to deal with. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Shindell to friends, all of whom have been equally impressed.
RID: 2584267
13/03/13 4 5 5 5 Very professional,friendly and willing to help with my issues. I read things that others wrote, and you have to remember, he's treating people that "NEED HELP" for the most part....ie when we're depressed the whole world looks negative and we often find all of our experiences negative. I've had depression for most of my adult life, and I was seeking some additional support -- this is exactly what I needed.
RID: 1740399
13/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shindell is exceptional. I was referred to him by an excellent neurologist. I had been treated for depression over a significant amount of time by other doctors. Dr. Shindell was able to help me in a very reasonable amount of time with very practical counsel and coaching. I have recommended friends to Dr. Shindell, and they have been equally impressed.
RID: 1689072
17/01/12 5 5 5 5 After reading these ratings I find it very disturbing that there are so many negative remarks. I have seen Dr. Shindell for neuropsych testing twice over the last 3 years and have NEVER had a bad experience. His staff is amazing and he is probably the kindest and most professional of my team of doctors. It's clear that those who did not receive the results they want, are the ones to complain. How pathetic!!!
RID: 1502474
02/08/11 5 5 4 5 I have had a very positive experience with Dr. Shindell. The only issue has been trying to make an appointment - which seems to imply he has many patients. Unfortunately the "good" patients rarely rate their doctors and those who had a "bad" experience do,  Respond
RID: 1383995

10/03/11 4 3 1 1 I am VERY disappointed with my experience and I wish I had read these reviews prior to my appointment. The testing was rushed and uncomfortable. He asked NO questions about my personal life (my family, my relationship, my friendships, work, and so on) which I feel are extremely important to properly asses someone. He canceled my 2nd appointment 4 hours before I was supposed to arrive. The worst part, which seems to be an common issue, is that he says I'm "normal". I have been diagnosed with a mood disorder and ADHD from at least 3 other doctors over the years, and all the sudden I'm cured? Even though I'm "normal" he still wants to see me in his office for self-image issues...I'm a female, of course I am uneasy about my self-image. I feel extremely discouraged. On a positive note - one of the ladies at the front desk was extremely nice.  Respond
RID: 1321691
27/12/10 1 4 1 1 This Dr and his staff were so nice and cheerful and eager to help me UNTIL I went back for the testing and he had the raw data from another Dr. The entire office was stone cold on the 2nd visit. I felt I was pre judged and the results of his testing were determined prior to me even doing the testing. I know without a doubt I have neurological damage due to a stroke (have all the symptoms and have been diagnoised by a neurologist) yet he tells me there is nothing wrong with me. He based all of his opinions on testing only. He stated I said things I never said and stated harsh and untrue comments about my character. He stated I LIKELY had criminal tendencies, juvenile deliquency as a child, which are ALL UNTRUE. He stated my responses were contribed (which they were not), and insinuated I was lying in my responses. I was as honest as I could have been. I went there looking for help and instead left with an attack on my character and my health.
Paid (or co-pay): $1700
RID: 1247556
10/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shindell has been my Doctor for three years now and i have seen him on and off over that time and he has been a valued member of my medical team. I have MS and have suffered sereve depression and he has been a voice of reason during this time.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1097852
04/02/10 3 5 1 3 Never have been to a doctor who rushed through his exam and his testing as much as this doctor.It appeared that he could not care less about how you thought or felt. It was very insulting, especially as neuro-psych is his specialty.
RID: 1002951
05/10/09 2 3 1 1 I suffer daily and went to Dr. Shindell hoping for answers and for guidance as to how I can get better. What I was greeted with was a cold stone faced man who had no personality whatsoever and who also did very little in terms of trying to help me. I had 2 appointments. One for the testing and the 2nd to get my results. This is what happened during my results appointment - According to him "I am fine"... HUH?!? Maybe according to his test results, but I feel anything but fine and I need help. All he cared about was getting my insurance card! He became agitated with me because I didn't have the "right one". I had the one all the other providers take - yet, he was clearly upset with me. That was the worst I have ever been treated by a health care professional and I hope others do not suffer his wrath as well. After he got my copay - he just stared at me. I said I guess I'll leave now, and he said okay - bye. Unbelievable!
Insurance: Tricare