Rate Dr. Billy Wong

Dr. Billy Wong's Ratings

Doctors (all doctors) make sacrifices everyday providing patient care. We thank you & We salute you. That said, I can't stand being a patient. Been a patient for faaaaaaaar too long. I have overstayed my welcome.

Happy Holidays to all!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Amazing! I had Dr. Wong for both of my high risk pregnancy's. He saved both of my son's. Without his knowledge and willingness to help me, I would have lost both of them to IC. He has great bedside manner and I would highly recommend him to everyone. Sure, sometimes you might wait a long time at an appointment but only because he is delivering a baby or something important! It is well worth the wait! I have been to other OBGYN's and they do not compare one bit. I wish more doctors were like Dr. wong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I have had a few sleepless nights already, so I thought I'd search for a message board and up came Dr. Wong's name. Let me just state that the below has absolutely nothing to do with Dr. Wong. I just needed a forum.

I read all 340 pages of the Guidelines and Practices Manual - Health Information Act, and wanted to share a tiny bit. It was pretty informative but boring so.......

Page 134 - 5.2.3
1) Custodians (doctors) are trusted "gatekeepers" of health information.

2) Custodians are required to protect the privacy of individuals who are the subject of health information and the confidentiality of information that is in their custody or that is under their control.

3) "Privacy" is the "general right of the individual to be left alone, to be free from interference, surveillance and from INTRUSIONS." So, in other words, unauthorized members of the public have no business penetrating the doctor-patient relationship (I think).

3) "Confidentiality" implies a trust relationship between the person supplying information and the individual or organization collecting it. The relationship is built on the assurance that the information will only be used by or disclosed to authorized persons or to others with the individuals permission. Except for a few exceptions, of course.

Fingers crossed, I'll sleep better tonight.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Dr. Wong was my OB/GYN for my first child, who is now six years old. Also, now with my second, who is due anytime now. I cannot speak highly enough of his care and excellent bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

I have only seen Dr. Wong once, but he and his staff were excellent. I had been referred to him by my GP for my first pregnancy but suffered a miscarriage before the date of the appointment. On the day of my appointment his receptionist called to let me know he was running ahead of schedule but was very understanding when I told her I couldn't leave work earlier than I had planned. I was seen shortly after my scheduled appointment time. Even though they weren't aware that the reason for my visit had changed, when I told the receptionist she was very sympathetic and made sure everyone from that point on knew my situation so I no longer had to explain it. The nurse was compassionate and ran every step past me (are you ok with seeing Dr. Wong's resident if she is free sooner, would you like another woman present if it's Dr. Wong, etc..). I ended up seeing the resident, Dr. Pinn. She was both professional and sympathetic to my situation. She made me feel very comfortable and answered every one of my many questions. She even addressed some of my questions without my having to ask. It was a relief to not have to continually ask questions that are probably pretty common for them. While each doctor I saw up to this point was professional, I found that Dr. Pinn was able to be both compassionate and professional at once which was extremely comforting and made me feel at ease to ask all the questions I had. Dr. Pinn addressed each of my concerns and was very open to discussing the things I had read online (not all Dr's are open to discussing Dr. Google). At the end of my appointment, Dr. Wong came in to meet me. He was very kind and reviewed the things Dr. Pinn had covered to ensure I understood. He also explained in detail the course of treatment we had chosen and outlined the next steps for the various outcomes. This, again, was very impressive as up to this point I had had difficulty getting information on what would happen next and was made to ask every question one at a time (if this outcome, what next? And if this outcome, what next? Any other possbile outcomes and what next?). Both Dr. Wong and Dr. Pinn were very informative and were not required to be prompted with questions in order to extract information from them. These doctors are very knowledgable and have great bedside manner. Their staff is also kind and understanding. These people definitely helped ease me through a very difficult appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Very nice doctor,Over booked its rediculous the waiting waiting waiting I get parking tickets ,waiting 5 hours just to be told he had to go deliver a baby,sorry but thats what redsident dcctors are for.he followed my pregnancy and i was disappointed he didnt deliver my baby,a resident did.A much larger office is needed ,its unacceptable.completely over booked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2603356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2014

Super thoughtful, kind, considerate and capable doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2587630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Simply the best! Thank-you for giving our son a fighting chance, I would wait all day if I had too. Thank-you again for taking care of my son and me, and a huge thank-you to your amazing staff that always took the time for us! I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2547317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Dr Wong is just an amazing doctor! He is always running behind but that is expected, and his receptionist always advise you to call an hour before and they try their best to call you sometimes as well if he is extremely behind. Even though he is always running behind he never makes you feel rushed and is ways willing to sit and talk and I find him to take the time to explain everything to you in the easiest and simplest way possible.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2545198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

Even tho the wait can be awhile I gave them a 5 for punctuality as they always do their best to get you in. And the only reason he doesn't make my appointments on time is for deliveries and emergencies which I would hope he would be their for mine too!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517279].votes_count ]]