Rate Dr. Tracey McCarty

Dr. Tracey McCarty's Ratings

Per week, the office is open a TOTAL of 19 1/2 hours. The office closes daily for 1 1/2 hour lunches! Dr. MCCarty runs her practice less than half time, it is incredibly difficult to access medical care with these hours. Even when calling during office hours the calls are often routed to an answering machine where you can not leave a message. I am not disputing that Dr. McCarty is a great doctor, she is; but what is the use in having a great doctor you can never see? When I do get through to speak to the receptionist, often there are no available appointments for weeks. I really want to stay with Dr. McCarty but the time she sets aside to practice family medicine is too sparse and difficult to access.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Dr Mccarty has been my doctor for ten years , as a male patient i have always felt more than comftable talking with her about all kinds of medical and personel issues . She is a very kind and Caring Person which id hard to find these days in most Doctors .10/10 is my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

Dr.McCarthy has been our family doctor for years. She is simply wonderful and very caring. I have never felt "rushed" with her. My parents love her, my children love her. I do not care for the phone "triaging" at all. I realize they are attempting to streamline things however I wish to speak to my "doctor" about my health issues not Kathy or Wendy. Kathy has always been extremely rude to me (I thought she just didn't like me, I didn't realize others had the same issues with her. I have a slight hearing problem and when I would ask her to repeat something she would do this big sigh and repeat to me what she said in very slow motion. It was very humiliating to me. It's extremely hard to get an appointment,until I mention I will meander over to the medical center near my house. That usually seems to do the trick. I think they should use email as well since they are very hard to get a hold of. Dr.McCarty though is simply wonderful and maybe she doesn't realize how bad her staff is

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2012

Dr. McCarty is a wonderful caring doctor who listens which most drs don't. I can never say enough about her. Kathy however is the issue. She never answers the phone,when she does she is short & sounds angry like you are bothering her & then are told "I have no appts" The receptionist is a reflection of the office. In this day and age when so many are looking for work that would be warm to the "patients" (we are the client after all) I don't get why she still has a job. I agree with the other comments that there has to be some other way to get in contact with the office especially when Kathy doesn't do her job and answer the phone during the office hours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2012

Dr. McCarty is friendly and does listen to your needs and issues. You must be clear to her however as time is limited and if you dont ask for specific test/information you dont always get it. Her practise is the worst run operation I have ever seen. I work in the healthcare industry so what I am seeing is not the norm. You cant leave a voice mail, you cant't email, for the past 3 days I have called 37 times trying to get through for an appointment. I am going to have to go to an urgent care clinic. Dr. McCarty, if you are reading this, please ensure your patients have a way to communicate with you. You have an electronic medical system which allows for email communication. it would save you time and money. Get rid of Kathy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

She is great, I agree it would be better located in a spot with better parking. Staff issues are small issues, just ask to see the Doctor , dont be afraid of them , its your health. They sometimes have to double book patients but that's the nature of the business. Dr McCarty has a great manner, smart , confident woman with a killer smile. I feel lucky to have her as my Doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2011

Dr McCarty is the best family doctor I have ever had. She may be late at times but when you see her you get your time and she doesn't rush you out the door. Her nurse Wendy is great as well, very friendly and knowledgeable. I do agree that the receptionist Kathy is very unpleasant but if you shower her with friendliness then she's okay. All in all Dr McCarty has been the best family doctor for myself and my kids, so I couldn't be more happy about her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2011

Dr. McCarty is pleasant and tends to deal with the problems that need addressing. The staff is horrendous! Kathy the receptionist is disgustingly rude, abnoxious and demeaning, for all the many years I have gone there. I would like to tell her to LEAVE the job and let someone else that is HAPPY and EFFICIENT, to take the job. Why does Dr. McCarty allow this women to ruin her practice? Wendy is ok, but not exactly pleasant. The hours are really quite bad. Never can get an appt, and when I do, it's way far out and not at all convenient. The location of the office is also not a good one. Dr. McCarty should move her practise up on the mountain to a more spacious area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2010

I love Dr. McCarty. I have a HUGE DISTASTE for her staff, though. It broke my heart to CHANGE PRACTICES because of THEM. Kathy the receptionist is the MAIN reason I switched, as well as being "phone triaged" as the other commenter said. I don't want to discuss my medical issues over the phone with a nurse, as competent as she is. I WANT to see a doctor, that is why I call the doctor, right? I have had many an anxiety attack when I have to talk to Kathy or to make an appointment. Now, I need my records transferred over from her and I have been calling for 40 minutes and have received a busy signal all that time. Not only do I have anxiety because I have to talk to her, I am irritated and remember WHY I switched: poor receptionist, difficult to get an appointment and bad hours (my son still doesn't have his last set of shots because the hours are so inconvenient). Dr McCarty--you are a wonderful doctor who has helped me immensely! I am sorry that your staff hinders this!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2010

Dr.McCarty is great if you can get into see her. Often when I call for an appointment for myself or a family member I am 'phone triaged'. The receptionist tells me the nurse will call me back when I ask for an appointment. The nurse will call back and talk to me but usually sidesteps my request to see the doctor. If find this demeaning and insulting. When I call to see the doctor I want to see the doctor! I am calling because I have already tried to deal with the illness myself and have determined that myself or other family member needs professional help beyond what I can offer. To be told on the phone that everything is fine is very frustrating. I usually end up at a walk in or emergency, because I have already decided to see a doctor. Dr. McCarty is a great doctor but the deflective approach her medical staff takes to patients is insulting and at times embarrassing. I shouldn't feel nervous about calling for an appt. or have to strategize about what to say to get an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1791955].votes_count ]]