Dr. Nitin N. Mayur

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Nitin N. Mayur has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

14/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nitin" to "Nitin N."
RID: 2666062
30/05/13 4 1 1 1 I have been type 1 diabetic since I was 9, and maybe I got spoiled by my first doctor at Scottish Rite (Stephen Anderson), because I DREAD going to my appointments with Dr. Mayur. I've been seeing him for about 5 years now (finally had to leave Dr. Anderson at 22 because he's a pediatric endocrinologist), and I have never been so disappointed with a doctor. We go through the same routine every time: the "hi, how are you", "how's work", "do you need prescriptions". That about sums it up. Especially being young, I would like to have my doctor up to date with new technology and research. He never makes recommendations, never talks about news in the diabetes world, never offers up information about diabetes that would be helpful... for example, I'm now married, and want to get pregnant... and my gynecologist (Dr. Kevin Windom-- excellent doctor) is more informative on diabetes than my endocrinologist.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2458709
26/10/12 5 5 5 5 excellent doctor, friendly staff. explained properly what i needed to know  Respond
RID: 1467214
18/06/11 5 5 5 5 very good doctor he was very helpful and thorough and always on time  Respond
RID: 1082381
18/01/10 1 1 1 1 Staff was rude and not truthful. Physician was quiet and provided wrong diagnosis.  Respond
RID: 965997
18/08/09 1 3 1 2 He seemed to have some knowledge, but was very quiet and gave only a cursory description of the condition I had been previously preliminarily diagnosed with. He asked for some labs to be run and I thought I'd get more information from him when the results came back. Instead, I got a call from his cold, impersonal nurse/assistant asking where I wanted my prescription I would have to take for the rest of my life and knew nothing about should be called into. There my visits with this "doctor" end. In addition the office staff lost my faxed in records twice and not a single one of them showed any shred of kindness on my visit.
RID: 818601
07/03/09 4 4 5 5 My wife, son and myself have been using Dr. Mayur for years. By far the best Dr. I have had in 50 years. One of the few that can tell most things by looking at you...You couldn't get a better Dr.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 652649
31/07/08 5 3 5 5 DR MAYUR IS A VERY GOOD DOCTOR. HE IS ONE OF THE BEST IN HIS FIELD. HE IS CARING AND POLITE.