Rate Dr. David Clarke

Dr. David Clarke's Ratings

Dr. Clarke took on our family when we moved to Parry Sound. He didn't have to, but he made room. Considering the doctor shortage in Ontario, this was a blessing. I sometimes see the Nurse Practitioner, the baby nurse, or the treatment nurse - how great to rely on the whole team for minor or medium issues or needles, but when I need something big or complex, he is there, takes his time. The best thing about him (we've lived in four communities in the past 25 years and have had three other family doctors) is the patient-focused care. He listens to what you think is wrong, your symptoms, or when my kids are sick, what I as a mom think the problem is and offers follow-up or suggestions or further reading. An example of how he really does care for his patients is in my ninth month of pregnancy, he assured me that even though he was going to be on vacation and at the cottage, call his service and he would come for the labour. And he did. He came off vacation to deliver my baby. Enough said.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2013 | flag

Great doctor. always takes his time with me. Just wish the Ontario govt. would stop cutting back on paid procedures.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2013 | flag

I absolutely love Dr Clarke! He took such good care of me during my first pregnancy and when my son was born premature, he offered to take him on as his patient and also ended up taking me on as well. I am pregnant with my second and he is my ob again and I wouldn't want any other Dr but him. I've never had to wait very long to see him and he's just taken such good care of me. I couldn't ask for a better Dr.

Submitted April 13, 2013 | flag

I had to move back to the city to recieve the proper treatment of iron infusions. I had a portacath that was to be flushed regularly and venifer tratments that were to be scheduled monthly that was never done. no phone calls were reurned to me with an answer to why I was not getting proper treatment. I had to have my port removed because it clotted, caused by not being used regularly and being flushed. As a regular GP I am assuming he would be great but just hope nothing out of the ordinary goes wrong and you need special treatment.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2012 | flag

Very communicating, interested in listening to your case, looks after all details, explains well. Saved my life and continues to be concerned.

Submitted March 28, 2012 | flag

Dr. Clarke is an extremely caring and knowledgeable physician. How many doctors do you know that would phone you personally to discuss something with you on a weekend? If he is unsure he will recommend that you see a specialist for further advice. His staff do their very best to get you in to see him if you feel it is urgent. I have had Dr. Clarke as my physician for over 25 years and I will continue with him until he retires.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

Ive been seeing him for 17yrs and he is never in a hurry. He takes the note pad I bring with all my questions and goes through everything on it. He goes over my blood work on his computer and answers my questions if I have any. It is sometimes hard to get an appointment but I always get in every 3 months. A good doctor, who I wouldnt trade for another.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2011 | flag

A good man and a good doctor. Trustworthy, compassionate, and highly competent. He cares about his patients and it shows. He is an asset tof the medical system that we are lucky enough to have in Canada - the complaints about waiting time that I see below are a perfect example of a "first world problem" read: petty. A first-class doctor that anyone would be luck to have.

Submitted April 1, 2011 | flag

Dr. Clarke has been my doctor since I was a child. His staff is great and has often chased him down for me in the case of an emergency. I often have to wait an hour or two longer then expected to see him and it's hard to book an appointment-however if I'm really sick they always are able to squeeze me in--great staff--great doctor! He does vacation a lot however or helps in foreign countries so it is difficult to find a back up doctor who is as helpful as him.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2010 | flag

This Doctor is very caring and knowledgable. He cares about you and your whole family even if they are not part of his practice. Your health affects the whole family. He takes the time to listen and evaluates what you think and the research you have done.

Submitted April 28, 2010 | flag