Dr. John Carr

Rate Dr. John Carr

Dr. John Carr's Ratings

Dr. Carr is awesome: he saved my life. I had a breast lump which was biopsied & 3 out of 4 pathologists who examined it all said it wasn't cancer. The 4th one said it "probably" wasn't, but didn't know what it was. Dr.Carr made sure it was examined by a 5th pathologist, an expert in the field of breast cancer, who confirmed that it was indeed cancer. The lumpectomy surgery was done within days & Dr.Carr took all kinds of time to address my concerns, questions etc, and see me if I wasn't feeling right about something. 13 years later, here I am: still standing & still cancer free. (Not only that but the guy's an ARTIST with the scalpel: I was looking at my scar last night and at first I had a hard time finding it!) I love this guy!!

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag

I recently had breast surgery performed by Dr. Carr and this is the third procedure that he has performed for me. I previously had a gall-bladder removal and a colonoscopy performed by him. I first met Dr. Carr in the emergency ward when he was the surgeon on call and I was having a gall bladder attack. I was very impressed with him and after my surgery I knew that if I ever needed a surgeon, he would be the one I would want. Dr. Carr is everything you want in a surgeon. He is very professional, respectful, compassionate, has a great bedside manner, wonderful telephone manner, and above all is a very skilled surgeon. My family and I have total respect for Dr. Carr and no matter what the problem might be, we would feel that by having Dr. Carr as the surgeon we would be in the best possible hands. With my recent issue, from the office visit, to the visit in the hallway outside the O.R., the visit in the recovery room, and the followup phone call, I would rate him 100% Thank you Dr. Carr

Submitted Nov. 23, 2011 | flag

Any aspiring physician need look no further for a role model. As a surgeon - Dr. Carr is a professionally capable - talented individual maintaining an updated resume of techniques, equipment and procedures. Medically - it would be difficult to find someone with more compassion. Dr. Carr makes the effort to respond to individual needs and takes the time to have his patients be knowledgeable and involved in treatment. Even with his busy scheduile - Dr. Carr maintains a relaxed - straightforward demeanour - resulting in a relaxed patient. Respect begets respect and Dr. John A. Carr has all of the respect I have ever had for any professional. Thank you Sir!

Submitted April 21, 2010 | flag

Dr. Carr is a very skilled surgeon. My gallbladder removal was worry free, and my recovery was speedy. Dr. Carr even personally took the time to call my family, (who couldn't be at the hospital) and let them know the surgery went well. I have a great respect for such a great surgeon....Thank you Dr. Carr

Submitted Sept. 29, 2009 | flag

Dr. Carr did my gallbladder surgery. I have other health issues, and he managed these difficulties during the surgery without any problems. A very skilled and knowledgeable doctor! Great bedside manner, and I was always confident that he was capable of providing the best care. He is highly regarded by the nursing staff at NRGH. I would highly recommend Dr. Carr.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2009 | flag

You only get one chance to make a first impression and Dr. John A. Carr makes a good one. During my first consultation, I found Dr. Carr to be bright, pleasant, knowledge and thorough. We had an on-time, unhurried discussion about my gallstones and digestive problems. He offered sensible options (both surgical and non-surgical) and left me informed enough to make the right treatment decision, in consultation with my GP (Dr. Francois Bossman). Dr. Carr's multi-tasking receptionist, Vicky, is efficient and pleasant, with a fine sense of humor. All in all, an excellent consultation. When I finally do opt for surgery, I will feel safe and confident in the care of Dr. John Carr and his excellent staff.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2008 | flag

See the retired RN's comment. It's true that most health care staff would (and do) seek him for surgery once they've seen his operating room skills, his post-op care, and his results...Okay, he can get a bit temperamental sometimes, but really, who cares? "J.C." gets a 5-star rating and we all know it.

Submitted June 22, 2008 | flag

Dr. Carr operated on my husband for colon cancer. He was excellent, caring and compassionate. My husband passed away 2 years after the surgery. Dr. Carr was no longer involved in the case but took time out to see my husband in the Pallative Care Unit and called me to tell me that my husband was not good and to get ahold of my son. The Doctor in the Pallative Care Unit did not let us know that he was close to passing. Thanks to Dr. Carr, my son got here in time to say good-bye to his dad and I was there when my husband passed.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2007 | flag

arrogant and did not diagnose my problem when I was living in nanaimo. I would personally go to victoria.....

Submitted Nov. 6, 2007 | flag

Dr. Carr is a very professional doctor with excellent bedside manner. He is extrememly knowledgeable and speaks to his clients in a manner they can understand, and one is able to interact with their own questions and concerns. A very skilled and dedicated surgeon whom I know from experience will help you and your family through the toughest of health problems. We are so fortunate to have such a great surgeon in our community who is fully dedicated to his patients and his professsion. I would recommend Dr. Carr to anyone who wants the best services of a very qualified surgeon and who wants to be treated like a real person with feelings. Because, if you are seeing a surgeon you really want to know how, what and why you are needing the treatment.

Submitted July 28, 2007 | flag