Dr. Hugh Thompson

Rate Dr. Hugh Thompson

Dr. Hugh Thompson's Ratings

This is the BEST dentist in the whole of B.C. He practices holistic dentistry...no amalgams! He is gentle and thorough and has served our family as our dentist for more than 40 years!!! He has been the best with small children and his Dental Hygenists is wonderful too. Wouldn't go to anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Top notch dentistry. I've never had such a great time at the dentist! Root canal, fillings, cleaning. all within 2 days. I feel great. Not painful, even after the fact. Great care and consideration for teeth and overall health. I felt no judgements about the brutal state of my teeth, just a focus on getting healthy. The office is lovely, as are all of the staff. Before going for a formal appointment, I spoke to the office manager several times at great length, and she provided a wealth/gold mine of information that went beyond basic dental care. Dr. Thomson is a wonderful man; relaxed, confident and highly skilled. I would recommend this dentist to anyone. The staff is more than happy-driven I would say- to talk to people and answer any questions they might have about their teeth and how it relates to general health. Highly recommended! I have been searching for years for a dentist like this and I am so pleased to have found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

I had the best dental experience today, who says that??Highly recommend this Dentist, great energy, very particular about his work.. Mercury Removal Specialist, Dr HughThompson! Lisa

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

In my opinion not professional at all, this used to be a place where I felt heard and valued. Now I feel like I have been taken advantage of financially and my records held hostage. $150.00 fee for release of records! Records I took in to them in the first place ! Take note before you invext your time , trust , and money with in my opinion a practice that puts $$$ ahead of patients care. Work that broke down after completion that was blamed on my bite never guaranteed because of my bite. Be careful , do your research ask around. On a more positive note my remarks re staff do not include Allison / Twila they are amazing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1795692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

Amazing dentist. He is concerned for your health and very helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1795691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

If you are in a hurry to get help with your teeth, this is not the dentist you seek.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1795690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2011

His and his staff's knowledge of holistic dentistry is extensive,especially his appreciation of dentistry's impact on the rest of the body.In conjunction with my naturopath's care,Dr Thomson's dental treatment has significantly relieved my body's aches and pains.His fees ,I believe,reflect his quality of care.His office gets my vote!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1795689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2011

Dr Hugh Thomson is THE best Dentist I know. He is REALLY kind, he knows what he is talking about, he knows what he s doing. Well he is just a great dentist :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1795688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Too busy. Is supposed to be a whole health dentist but did not address the causes of my decay. Rushed and stressed visit. I also have to get two fillings replaced that he did less than 9 months ago. Very expensive and charges a consult fee in addition to general x-rays and appointments. Too fixated on profit and not on patient's well being. I would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1795687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

First went to Dr. Thompson because he stated he removed mercury fillings with the proper protocol and didn't force flouride on his patients. The initial visits were good but then things changed considerably. Called in a couple of times to have a filling done or replaced and when I arrived they had scheduled me for a cleaning and then didn't have time for the filling/repair. One filling kept falling apart and he blamed it on my bite and filed down the tooth below and suggested expensive inlays to keep the filling intact. I just feel his service and knowledge fall short of what we were lead to expect during our fist initial visits. Are looking for a new dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1795686].votes_count ]]