Rate Dr. Gihad Shabib

Dr. Gihad Shabib's Ratings

I on my third pregnancy and loved Dr. Shabib and his office. Carmen is the best too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

A nightmare, don't go to this doctor. The secretaries impolite. Not professional at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

We booked Dr. Shabib on the recommendation of our family doctor to have our newborn son circumcised. Was able to get an appointment only a few days after I called. Staff and Dr. Shabib are extremely friendly, and it's a very professional setting. The procedure went off without any problems (infection, bleeding) and healed extremely quickly. He obviously knows what he's doing as there was three phone calls to his office in the 40 minutes we were waiting regarding booking for this medical procedure. Highly Recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797073].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Shabib for approximately 9 years. He is absolutely FANTASTIC and he is knowledgeable and experienced. Historically I have had challenges with finding doctors that are competent but when I was recommended to Dr. Shabib by a walk-in clinic GP I felt like I had hit the jackpot!!!! I have had all sorts of problems with my reproductive system but from my first visit he was on point with his diagnosis. He referred me to the Women's health centre at Riverside to have a procedure done (which was related to my cervix problems)and the Dr. at the Riverside hospital didn't complete the procedure. When I went for my follow-up with Shabib he saw that the procedure was not done and he did it himself. Since then the cervix has been working order. People either love him or they dont but I assure you he KNOWS what he is doing even if you dont like his attitude. I HiGhLy recommend Dr. Shabib he is GREAT!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Shabib circumcised my one-month old son this morning and it went very well. Of course, since it involves pain, my son cried during parts of the procedure but Dr. Shabib was quite professional during the procedure, he took his time with us, and did not rush through anything. I would definitely recommend him for anyone who needs their son circumcised in Ottawa. He is really good and has tons of experience doing this!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2012

I notice the ratings for Dr. Shabib go from one extreme to another, but there are no other comments about circumcisions. We brought our baby boy at 3 wks old to be circumcised by Dr. Shabib. We had been told that circumcisions generally take approx 15 min and recovery time is approx 5 days. Instead it was an agonizingly drawn-out procedure, our baby screamed in agony the entire 1.5 hours of the circumcision (incl waiting for the freezing to take effect and then waiting for the clamp to cauterize the wound), followed by months of recovery from swelling and infection. Dr. Shabib did not explain anything to my husband and I through the process, and showed little to no sympathy, saying "sorry about the crying, he is not feeling any of this" when our baby was obviously in terrible pain. It was an absolute nightmare, and the trauma of it haunts me to this day. I wish I could go back and undo it, but all I can do is give warning not to have your baby circumcised by this dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

I found him busy, to be sure! The best way to contact him after your initial visit is via email. He was prompt and knowledgeable in getting back to me with my concerns. I was nervous needing a hysterectomy at the age of 38, but he set my mind at ease and my recovery was fantastic. Bring a book, you may have to wait! however, I have waited much longer for other Dr's.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Shabib is the most unprofessional and unethical Dr. I have ever seen! They schedule your app and he sees you more than an hour later. He had a medical student and he DID NOT ask for my consent for him to come in the room when I was being examined. The student just opened the door pop in and introduced himself kindly and with a big smile meanwhile my legs were wide open!! Nobody told me a stranger that is not the Dr or the female Dr's assistant was going to come in. Dr Shabib is very rude and has a bad attitude if you question or go against his advise. He looked at you with disdain and superiority. I don't care what other women here have to say about liking him, with this Dr. I have never feel more humiliated and uncomfortable, despite the fact that going to see your OBGYN is already a terrifying experience This Dr has not courtesy or respect whatsoever. So, don't be surprise when you are literally "butt naked" and with your legs wide open if an stranger just pop in unannounced!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1797069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

Dr Shabib and staff were amazing. I had difficulties getting pregnant and went on to have 3 complicated pregnancies. I was on hospital bedrest during one of them. He checked in on me daily while other docs were ready to send me home and insisted I stay until we were all comfortable with me going. You may have a bit of a wait in the waiting room to see him but definitely worth it. Also had 3 surguries with him with no complications. Travelled 2 hours to see him for each appointment and would do it again if needed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1797068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2011

I don't agree with most of the negative reviews, Dr. Shabib is the second OBGYN I've seen regarding fertility issues. Yes his office is extreamly busy and the girls are overworked, but once you get to know them they're kind and extreamly helpfull. If they're having a super busy day they can come off as a bit cranky, but it also depends how YOU treat them! Dr. Shabib is very helpful and positive, just have your list of questions ready before you go in, he does'nt have time to waste while you try to remember what you wanted to ask. I've also had a D&C/Hyscroscopy by him, and it was one of the best hospital experiences (if there is such a thing!), the Riverside Staff, Dr. S. and his intern were awesome. He works quick and his main goal is to fix your problem and he does everything in his power to. I've been to a fertility clinic before where they're interested in your $$$ and drag things out for years!! I love Dr. Shabib as my OBGYN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797067].votes_count ]]