You may also like

Rate Dr. Gihad Shabib

Dr. Gihad Shabib's Ratings

I have been very fortunate to have Dr Shabib as my Doctor since 2000. I first met him when I came in to QCH for emergency surgery & he has taken amazing care of me ever since. I had difficulty getting pregnant and very complicated pregnancies and he was there through it all. He has operated on me 4 times and without him I wouldn't have my 3 children and my improved health. He listened when no one else would. He even listened (and calmed me) when my fears got the best of me.

Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and a very skilled surgeon, he is kind, compassionate and caring and will go out of his way to answer any questions you may have. This is why you will wait, he gives his patients his time when needed & sometimes gets called away for emergencies. I've had quick visits with him and I've had long visits, and no matter what it is, if I have a concern, he gives me his time. Bring a book and expect to wait, he is worth it.

Last but not least, his staff. Greta and Carmen are the bones of this office and they work their buns off. I'm a pretty big fan of theirs. When I phone, I just say, "Hi Greta, it's Natalie" and even though I may not have called in a year and I know that they have a ton of other patients with the same name, Greta knows who I am. Carmen always has a smile on her face and is so sweet (and smart) and Greta is kind and always managing a ton of things while being fully professional. If you don't hear back from them, and it can't wait, call again...they have a lot of patients that have medical issues that are time sensitive and when you are a patient that really needs them, you will appreciate that they get back to you before the person whose question or appointment booking could wait.

Thank you, Dr Shabib, Carmen & Greta for all that you do for your patients and for everything you did for me over the last 14+ years.

Natalie S.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2830944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I have tried to call for weeks and I always get a busy signal and if the phone does ring it goes to voice mail.
The staff takes forever to return my messages. When you do finally get an appointment its unfortunate that i have to wait over 1 hr to finally see the dr.
Dr. Shabib himself is great. I think he's nice and very smart. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor. I put up with his terrible staff and wait times as Dr. Shabib is worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2822530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

My wife was a patient of this Doctor, if you want to be treated just like a number by rude staff and a Dr that doesn't put any attention to detail. This is the right place to go. My wife is still having complications after delivering our baby.
If you have the choice GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr. Shabib is an amazing doctor. I have been having problems getting pregnant. Been to the fertility clinic the high risk clinic at the General Hospital then when I went to see Dr. Shabib, he ran tests that either of these clinics ran. He told me exactly what he was doing and what each test meant. He comes across a little rough but don't go in expecting to make a best friend. He is straight to the point and doesn't beat around the bush. He is a great doctor and knows exactly what he is doing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2762410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I on my third pregnancy and loved Dr. Shabib and his office. Carmen is the best too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

A nightmare, don't go to this doctor. The secretaries impolite. Not professional at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2577322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

We booked Dr. Shabib on the recommendation of our family doctor to have our newborn son circumcised. Was able to get an appointment only a few days after I called. Staff and Dr. Shabib are extremely friendly, and it's a very professional setting. The procedure went off without any problems (infection, bleeding) and healed extremely quickly. He obviously knows what he's doing as there was three phone calls to his office in the 40 minutes we were waiting regarding booking for this medical procedure. Highly Recommended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1797073].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Shabib for approximately 9 years. He is absolutely FANTASTIC and he is knowledgeable and experienced. Historically I have had challenges with finding doctors that are competent but when I was recommended to Dr. Shabib by a walk-in clinic GP I felt like I had hit the jackpot!!!! I have had all sorts of problems with my reproductive system but from my first visit he was on point with his diagnosis. He referred me to the Women's health centre at Riverside to have a procedure done (which was related to my cervix problems)and the Dr. at the Riverside hospital didn't complete the procedure. When I went for my follow-up with Shabib he saw that the procedure was not done and he did it himself. Since then the cervix has been working order. People either love him or they dont but I assure you he KNOWS what he is doing even if you dont like his attitude. I HiGhLy recommend Dr. Shabib he is GREAT!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Shabib circumcised my one-month old son this morning and it went very well. Of course, since it involves pain, my son cried during parts of the procedure but Dr. Shabib was quite professional during the procedure, he took his time with us, and did not rush through anything. I would definitely recommend him for anyone who needs their son circumcised in Ottawa. He is really good and has tons of experience doing this!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2012

I notice the ratings for Dr. Shabib go from one extreme to another, but there are no other comments about circumcisions. We brought our baby boy at 3 wks old to be circumcised by Dr. Shabib. We had been told that circumcisions generally take approx 15 min and recovery time is approx 5 days. Instead it was an agonizingly drawn-out procedure, our baby screamed in agony the entire 1.5 hours of the circumcision (incl waiting for the freezing to take effect and then waiting for the clamp to cauterize the wound), followed by months of recovery from swelling and infection. Dr. Shabib did not explain anything to my husband and I through the process, and showed little to no sympathy, saying "sorry about the crying, he is not feeling any of this" when our baby was obviously in terrible pain. It was an absolute nightmare, and the trauma of it haunts me to this day. I wish I could go back and undo it, but all I can do is give warning not to have your baby circumcised by this dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797076].votes_count ]]