You may also like

Rate Dr. Gihad Shabib

Dr. Gihad Shabib's Ratings

My wife was a patient of this Doctor, if you want to be treated just like a number by rude staff and a Dr that doesn't put any attention to detail. This is the right place to go. My wife is still having complications after delivering our baby.
If you have the choice GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr. Shabib is an amazing doctor. I have been having problems getting pregnant. Been to the fertility clinic the high risk clinic at the General Hospital then when I went to see Dr. Shabib, he ran tests that either of these clinics ran. He told me exactly what he was doing and what each test meant. He comes across a little rough but don't go in expecting to make a best friend. He is straight to the point and doesn't beat around the bush. He is a great doctor and knows exactly what he is doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I on my third pregnancy and loved Dr. Shabib and his office. Carmen is the best too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

A nightmare, don't go to this doctor. The secretaries impolite. Not professional at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2577322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

We booked Dr. Shabib on the recommendation of our family doctor to have our newborn son circumcised. Was able to get an appointment only a few days after I called. Staff and Dr. Shabib are extremely friendly, and it's a very professional setting. The procedure went off without any problems (infection, bleeding) and healed extremely quickly. He obviously knows what he's doing as there was three phone calls to his office in the 40 minutes we were waiting regarding booking for this medical procedure. Highly Recommended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1797073].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Shabib for approximately 9 years. He is absolutely FANTASTIC and he is knowledgeable and experienced. Historically I have had challenges with finding doctors that are competent but when I was recommended to Dr. Shabib by a walk-in clinic GP I felt like I had hit the jackpot!!!! I have had all sorts of problems with my reproductive system but from my first visit he was on point with his diagnosis. He referred me to the Women's health centre at Riverside to have a procedure done (which was related to my cervix problems)and the Dr. at the Riverside hospital didn't complete the procedure. When I went for my follow-up with Shabib he saw that the procedure was not done and he did it himself. Since then the cervix has been working order. People either love him or they dont but I assure you he KNOWS what he is doing even if you dont like his attitude. I HiGhLy recommend Dr. Shabib he is GREAT!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Shabib circumcised my one-month old son this morning and it went very well. Of course, since it involves pain, my son cried during parts of the procedure but Dr. Shabib was quite professional during the procedure, he took his time with us, and did not rush through anything. I would definitely recommend him for anyone who needs their son circumcised in Ottawa. He is really good and has tons of experience doing this!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2012

I notice the ratings for Dr. Shabib go from one extreme to another, but there are no other comments about circumcisions. We brought our baby boy at 3 wks old to be circumcised by Dr. Shabib. We had been told that circumcisions generally take approx 15 min and recovery time is approx 5 days. Instead it was an agonizingly drawn-out procedure, our baby screamed in agony the entire 1.5 hours of the circumcision (incl waiting for the freezing to take effect and then waiting for the clamp to cauterize the wound), followed by months of recovery from swelling and infection. Dr. Shabib did not explain anything to my husband and I through the process, and showed little to no sympathy, saying "sorry about the crying, he is not feeling any of this" when our baby was obviously in terrible pain. It was an absolute nightmare, and the trauma of it haunts me to this day. I wish I could go back and undo it, but all I can do is give warning not to have your baby circumcised by this dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

I found him busy, to be sure! The best way to contact him after your initial visit is via email. He was prompt and knowledgeable in getting back to me with my concerns. I was nervous needing a hysterectomy at the age of 38, but he set my mind at ease and my recovery was fantastic. Bring a book, you may have to wait! however, I have waited much longer for other Dr's.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1797070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Shabib is the most unprofessional and unethical Dr. I have ever seen! They schedule your app and he sees you more than an hour later. He had a medical student and he DID NOT ask for my consent for him to come in the room when I was being examined. The student just opened the door pop in and introduced himself kindly and with a big smile meanwhile my legs were wide open!! Nobody told me a stranger that is not the Dr or the female Dr's assistant was going to come in. Dr Shabib is very rude and has a bad attitude if you question or go against his advise. He looked at you with disdain and superiority. I don't care what other women here have to say about liking him, with this Dr. I have never feel more humiliated and uncomfortable, despite the fact that going to see your OBGYN is already a terrifying experience This Dr has not courtesy or respect whatsoever. So, don't be surprise when you are literally "butt naked" and with your legs wide open if an stranger just pop in unannounced!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1797069].votes_count ]]