Rate Dr. Richard Rival

Dr. Richard Rival's Ratings

I had a septo-rhinoplasty done almost two years ago. I'm not kidding when I say he is an artist when it comes to noses. Mine looked so natural when it was done it was amazing. People, except those who knew I was having it done, didn't notice until I brought it up. Even my sister didn't notice when she came in from out of town. But I noticed the change and I couldn't be happier. I should have done it a long time ago but I am so happy I waited because I had Dr. Rival. He is so down to earth too. I found my nose changed even after the 1 year period and for the better. I was always happy with it but I found after a year it looked even straighter because I still had a touch of swelling on one side which made it look a little off-centre. Now it's perfect. Try not to obsess when you first see your nose. Trust the process and Dr. Rival. His skills are truly phenomenal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2795851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

Extremely nice guy. Had a consultation with him few days ago.
Thank you Dr. I appreciate your honest opinion about my situation , it was a pleasure meeting you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2795319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

After doing my research on facial cosmetic surgeons in the GTA, Dr. Rival emerged as the standout. I booked a consultation with him to both hear his thoughts on what his approach would be to the rhinoplasty as well as have my (many!) questions answered. Dr. Rival balanced both understanding my needs and goals and offering his own perspective, leaving me feeling highly confident in his ability to deliver what I was looking for. He was very patient answering my (many!) questions and did not make me feel rushed during the appointment, or about making a decision overall. The surgery went smoothly and the recovery process was better than I had imagined. I am thrilled with the result achieved. My nose is natural-looking and fits my face beautifully. I also can't say enough good things about the rest of the team, especially Nadia who was wonderful to deal with. Calls and emails were always answered promptly and warmly, and I felt like a valued patient. I highly recommend Dr. Rival and could not be happier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Rival is both an artist and a highly skilled surgeon. My new / refined nose is beautiful. What an incredible business of millimeters where each one counts! Too much or too little will leave you regretful for life and i didn't want to be one of those people--thats why i chose Dr. Rival. I did my research thoroughly, all top facial cosmetic surgeons in Toronto/GTA and even a few other cities. He was masterful at refining my nose and leaving me with a more feminine profile, much more in balance with my face and features... Truly a natural and beautiful outcome. Pre-planning was concise, thoughtful and professional. My surgery included narrowing the bridge and removing the bump on it, narrowing my nostrils, slightly refining the tip and straightening my septum. I love it. Recovery wasn't as bad as i imagined either, no pain at all, just some normal swelling. I highly recommend Dr. Rival. This is your face... put it in good hands. His whole team was amazing too, Nadia, the nurses, the anesthesiologist. Great job, so happy, thankyou:) :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I spent a lot of time researching the perfect surgeon for rhinoplasty. Dr. Rival was referred by my family doctor.
He was able to talk about the process and show pictures of what my nose would look like after surgery which I found very helpful to visualize how it would be.
He was very professional and approachable whereas I felt very comfortable to open up and tell him about the insecurities I had with my nose.
He and him team prepped me before surgery and he came out to talk to me before surgery and answer any questions that I had. Following surgery he came out to check on me and see how I was. I have been attending follow up appointments and could not be happier with the results. I feel so confident and highly recommend Dr. Rival!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

He was the first doctor that popped up on my search , the first doctor I went for consultation and the only doctor I was set on. I couldn't have been happier!!! (way to go gut feeling). I met with Dr. Rival back in November for a consultation, and booked for February. He was extremely professional and listened to my concerns and my requests. He took pictures and sketched out a rough before and after, I requested to have some changes made due to my own preference and he was extremely accommodating. The day of the surgery (at South Lake Regional Hospital) He ensured me step by step, from when they would take me in, to where I would be going next, gave my husband the list of medication required. After surgery, he came and visited me in the recovery room, and making sure I was fine and to tell me everything went well (outstanding bedside manners) I gave him a thumbs up and a small grin (couldn't move because of the mustache tape). My recovery was a little intense, but I was expecting the bruising and swelling, however I had minimal pain. I followed up a week later to get my cast removed and he cleaned up around my nostrils, and went through the healing process and told me not to worry that the swelling would go down from the bridge, then the sides, and finally the tip of the nose. I made an amazing decision going through surgery with Dr. Rival, his admin staff was outstanding (Thanks Nadia!!!!), the hospital staff were extremely accommodating, and my results are exactly what I was looking for. I know I'm still healing but nonetheless, I'm happy. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr.Rival performed a revision septorhinoplasty on me this past January. I was not satisfied with my first septorhinoplasty by an ENT in my hometown and was hesitant to go through the process again. A different ENT referred me to Dr. Rival and I was thrilled and very excited to meet him after reading all of the positive reviews online. At my consultation there was no hesitation and I booked right away. I felt extremely comfortable choosing him as my surgeon and I have no regrets. Even the day of surgery I knew I was making the right decision and had little to no anxiety, which is extremely rare for me in regards to previous surgeries. A week later the nurse removed my splint and I was thrilled with the results. My nose was still quite swollen but there was a noticeable improvement. After about another week I could see my nose changing everyday, the swelling would move around and sometimes it would make my nose look crooked or like there were bumps. I would spend endless hours obsessing over these changes, taking pictures from different angles, and reading up on other's recovery stories. Try not torment yourself with these little changes like I did because it will keep changing over the weeks and it's too early determine the final result. As of now I can say my septum is noticeably straighter and the tip of my nose is no longer over projected. I am exceptionally happy with the way my side profile looks. There is the slightest bump on the right side of my bridge that I am hoping is just swelling and will go down and my nose still looks slightly crooked in pictures but I still have a ways to go with my recovery and I am optimistic these will change over time in my favour. However, you have to be realistic with your expectations and I realize my nose was quite crooked to begin with and a revision surgery is a more difficult procedure as well. Ultimately I am very satisfied with the results, it was definitely worth every penny. I can't believe the change already when I look at old pictures of my nose pre-surgery. Not only do I feel that my self confidence has increased but my breathing has also improved. If you are considering nasal surgery I would highly recommend Dr. Rival, he is very experienced, has great bedside manner, and makes you feel very comfortable and confident about the process.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2747037].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 12, 2015

Dr. Rival did my open septorhinoplasty last week and I got the cast removed earlier today. I'm very satisfied with the results so far, even though it's only been 7 days after the surgery. I chose Dr. Rival to feminize my nose as it was quite wide and the tip was large. The recovery so far has been virtually painless and I had almost no bruising after the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Rival for those looking to have rhinoplasty, I'm very happy that I chose him as my surgeon! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2701077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

I had a closed rinoplasty done last Wednesday and I couldn't be happier with the results even though it hasn't even been a week!!! I'm 23 year old and having this done was the best decision I have ever made. I knew right from the consultation with Dr. Rival that he was going to be the doctor of choice that I didn't feel the need to see anyone else.!! He was kind and very knowledgable, I had a hump romoved, tip shortened and reshape to remove a droppy overprojected tip! I just had my cast taken off yesterday and the outcome is beyond what I could have ever imagined! I finally feel my nose is not a insecurity and I have gotten all confidence back due to Dr. rivals amazing expertise! The surgery its self went very well all nurses made me feel very comfortable! I had minimal swelling and brusing Dr. Rival really takes care of his patients and I can't express enough how happy I am with choosing him..it's only been 6 days!!! I can't wait to see the changes over the next few months! If your looking to have your nose done Dr. Rival is the doctor to trust, he is honest and clear what is achievable and really takes into account your issues and concerns!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

I had a REVISION rhinoplasty done by Dr. Rival over a year ago. I had 2 previous rhinoplasty's botched by another Ontario plastic surgeon. My nose had collapsed at the bottom - following the two previous surgeries. I researched the web and felt Dr. Rival was the right choice for me. As scar tissue forms following rhinoplasty - I was tempered and realistic in my expectations. Dr. Rival surpassed all my expectations. He did an amazing job of repairing the issue and shaping my nose. I am very happy with the final result. Being ethnic - I wanted something that suited my face - the best possible nose for MY face - and that's exactly what I got. I can't thank him enough. He's caring, professional and very skilled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2663247].votes_count ]]