Dr. Daniel O'Brien

Rate Dr. Daniel O'Brien

Dr. Daniel O'Brien's Ratings

I had surgery in Feb 2013 and after a considerable wait for my appointment I was extremely pleased with Dr. O'Brien's with manner and skill. What a kind, soft spoken gentleman. We are so very lucky to have and keep such an excellent Doctor in the Maritimes. Well worth waiting for him.

Submitted April 10, 2013 | flag

We've only Met Dr OBrien twice and the second time it was for surgery. He has an excellent bed side manner,but again I have to agree with the above. The admin doesn't answer phone calls or return them and we are still waiting for a check up after surgery,over a month!!!! Just called again today and a replacement receptionist answered who can't even find my file.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

He is highly skilled, reliable, kind and caring. We are fortunate to have a world class eye surgeon like him in our country.

Submitted March 3, 2010 | flag

Dr Dan is great if you can get to see him, The office help (Tina ) is some thing else very lax in keeping up appointments and follow up ,,can never reach the office by phne when appointments are due and have waited over 6 mos ( late ) , for my check up that is due once a year

Submitted Feb. 25, 2009 | flag

This is the single best doctor I have ever been too. He is EXCELLENT. Skilled, highly intelligent, reliable, kind and caring. We are lucky to have him in our community and country.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2007 | flag

Dr. O'Brien is very helpful and know his specialty.

Submitted July 22, 2007 | flag

Dr. Dan OBrien is excellent! A great man & doctor. I probably have some sight today because of him. Great skills & "bedside" manner. Explains everything so you know what is going on. The only negative thing I could say is the almost impossibility of getting in touch with his office or making appointments with him. His practice is so busy that at times over the years it seemed I was waiting endlessly (with no contact from his office) in hopes of seeing him so that he might be able to help me with my failing vision.

Submitted May 1, 2007 | flag

Dr O'Brien Sr was the best in Canada. Had to give up surgery because of age so sent me to his son Dr Dan. Both these Drs saved my sight. Being diabetis over 47 years its a wonder I have sight at all but after surgery, each did an eye over time, I don't need laser and haven't had any for 5 years. Appts are hard too get but when I get thru to Tina I usually get in soon. Dr Dan also seems my daughter and granddaughter as well and always asks about them when I see him, now only once a year. Dr O'Brien Sr always has a hello ... how you doing ... when I am in the office. He's not listed for a rating. Dr Dan is the most pleasant Dr I have ever met and I've seen many over my years as a diabetic. Dr Sr retired on me as are a lot of my professionals. Being going to the O'Brien "family" since 1975. At least Dr Dan should be around for awhile.

Submitted April 30, 2007 | flag

After being misdiagnosed by two eye doctors over an extended period of time for detached retina in both eyes, Dr. Brien saved my vision. I have been told repeatedly that I should not have the sight that I have. Not being from the Halifax area I did have to insist that he see me ASAP which was strongly recommended by the my third eye professional. He refused me three times until I nicely said that I was coming like it or not. Once seen I was rushed into surgery without delay. He is an excellent surgeon, however only Human and we all know we are responsible ultimately to make sure we get the care we deserve. Highly recommended.

Submitted March 26, 2007 | flag

Dr O'Brien is an excellent doctor, however, his office staff are appalling. When he tells you to book an appointment, you can never book one that day. It takes months of phoning his office and reaching the answering service (who are obviously fed up dealing with it) before finally getting through to the office. Unbelievably, in Nov/06 this office did not have a calendar for 2007 so I had to call the office every day until I finally told them I would go into the office in person every day in order to get an appointment. His staff put drops in my eyes against his express orders and my objections rendering my visit useless. He is an excellent doctor who is unfortunately let down by some of the worst administrative practices I've come across in more than 25 years in business. I'm sure some elderly patients just give up on trying to get through to his office. Its a shame - he is a good doctor but it is the whole experience that matters.

Submitted March 13, 2007 | flag