Rate Dr. Daniel O'Brien

Dr. Daniel O'Brien's Ratings

Dr. O'Brien just performed surgery on my mother's only good eye. Actually stopped by the waiting room to tell me how she was doing which was and is great. Very best with a great bedside manner. Excellent dealing with Dr. O'Brien and his staff at his office and the hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I had surgery in Feb 2013 and after a considerable wait for my appointment I was extremely pleased with Dr. O'Brien's with manner and skill. What a kind, soft spoken gentleman. We are so very lucky to have and keep such an excellent Doctor in the Maritimes. Well worth waiting for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

We've only Met Dr OBrien twice and the second time it was for surgery. He has an excellent bed side manner,but again I have to agree with the above. The admin doesn't answer phone calls or return them and we are still waiting for a check up after surgery,over a month!!!! Just called again today and a replacement receptionist answered who can't even find my file.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

He is highly skilled, reliable, kind and caring. We are fortunate to have a world class eye surgeon like him in our country.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

Dr Dan is great if you can get to see him, The office help (Tina ) is some thing else very lax in keeping up appointments and follow up ,,can never reach the office by phne when appointments are due and have waited over 6 mos ( late ) , for my check up that is due once a year

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2009

This is the single best doctor I have ever been too. He is EXCELLENT. Skilled, highly intelligent, reliable, kind and caring. We are lucky to have him in our community and country.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2007

Dr. O'Brien is very helpful and know his specialty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2007

Dr. Dan OBrien is excellent! A great man & doctor. I probably have some sight today because of him. Great skills & "bedside" manner. Explains everything so you know what is going on. The only negative thing I could say is the almost impossibility of getting in touch with his office or making appointments with him. His practice is so busy that at times over the years it seemed I was waiting endlessly (with no contact from his office) in hopes of seeing him so that he might be able to help me with my failing vision.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2007

Dr O'Brien Sr was the best in Canada. Had to give up surgery because of age so sent me to his son Dr Dan. Both these Drs saved my sight. Being diabetis over 47 years its a wonder I have sight at all but after surgery, each did an eye over time, I don't need laser and haven't had any for 5 years. Appts are hard too get but when I get thru to Tina I usually get in soon. Dr Dan also seems my daughter and granddaughter as well and always asks about them when I see him, now only once a year. Dr O'Brien Sr always has a hello ... how you doing ... when I am in the office. He's not listed for a rating. Dr Dan is the most pleasant Dr I have ever met and I've seen many over my years as a diabetic. Dr Sr retired on me as are a lot of my professionals. Being going to the O'Brien "family" since 1975. At least Dr Dan should be around for awhile.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2007

After being misdiagnosed by two eye doctors over an extended period of time for detached retina in both eyes, Dr. Brien saved my vision. I have been told repeatedly that I should not have the sight that I have. Not being from the Halifax area I did have to insist that he see me ASAP which was strongly recommended by the my third eye professional. He refused me three times until I nicely said that I was coming like it or not. Once seen I was rushed into surgery without delay. He is an excellent surgeon, however only Human and we all know we are responsible ultimately to make sure we get the care we deserve. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798468].votes_count ]]