Rate Dr. E. Carl Abbott

Dr. E. Carl Abbott's Ratings

dr carl abbott had done a old report on me that i have gave to a ..number of doctors.this report could be the peice of the puzle in regards to my health issues.I hope the doctors look at his results. Bcause DR Carl Abbott in my oppinion was one of the best .And if this could help solve my issues.by looking at his old report that would be great doctors read this site?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

I was most surprised at the positive experience I had with Dr. Abbott. As an RN I have come to expect little from the 'system' but this Dr. was an exception. He not only addressed the problem but explored other issues to help as well.(I did not tell him I was a nurse until near the end of the consult).While it wasn't pleasant to also have to talk about weight he did so in a kindly manner, and after some good discussion he referred me to a colleague that hopefully can help. Dr. Abbott took more time than any Dr. I have seen to ask important questions. Upon leaving he stated 'please do take care of the weight, the work you do with homeless youth is too important to lose you'. So kind!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2010

Missed the diagnosis of severe hyperthyroidism.When I was sent back to him years later he made a comment about my weight. I had put on weight after having a baby.Then I lost it.When he felt my thyroid he said he felt a thickening.Gee ya think.When I left my former doc and went and asked for a thyroid scan I was told I had a build up of scar tissue from the untreated hyperthyroidism.Incompetent!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2010

This doctor does not appear to be knowledgable about thyroid or treatments. Makes silly excuses for a sympthom, with the test results clearly showing a thyroid in very bad state. Disbelieved a reaction to a drug. Wish I had not seen him, he made me feel hopeless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Very pleasant and not in a hurry answered my questions would like to see him again

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

This gentleman is one of the better doctors in the province. After my appointment I felt cared about as he had answered my every question. His explainations of my condition were very thorough. Worth his weight in gold.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2010

A bully with no concern for his patient's feelings. We will have nothing more to do with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2009

He was just plain mean to my mother, bringing her to tears, which doesn't happen easily. No bedside manner at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2008

EXCELLENT SPECIALIST,CARING, PUNCTUAL AND VERY PROFESSIONAL IN EVERY ASPECT OF THE HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM.WE ARE SURE GOING TO MISS HIM WHEN HE RETIRES.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2007

Dr. Abbott is wonderful. I find my family doctor just doesn't seem to "get" my diabetic needs. I'm afraid he isn't very knowledgable in the area. Through the Diabetic Management Clinic I was referred to Dr. Abbott and he is just amazing. He answers all my questions, is always willing to discuss any concerns I may have, and makes me feel like he is working with me to manage this disease. I realize I am a very complicated patient with 7 diagnosed chronic illnesses. Often a problem with another illness will impact my diabetes. Dr. Abbott gets that. He takes the time to work with me and the wonderful staff at the Diabetic Management Clinic to help me control this disease. I don't know what I'd do without him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1798989].votes_count ]]