Rate Dr. Therese Chua

Dr. Therese Chua's Ratings

took over a week for her staff to call me back, in regards to appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799155].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2013

Rude reception staff(Michelle). Arrived for my booked appt.15 mins. early only to wait another 45 mins. before seeing her. Once I did get to see her, seems she rushes you out of there. Not very concerned with your health issues, just wants to give you more pills. I had a mole on my back & it was very uncomfortable so I asked Dr. Chua if she could remove it, she said no, & she recommended a specialist to see if it was cancerous and he could remove it. I waited over 6 months for this specialist appt. only to be told it was not cancerous & yes he could remove it for $300. Who has $300 to do this? I did not & why couldn't Chua remove the mole in her office as other dr's do? You WOULD THINK the DR. would have known this before sending me. She just brushed it off. I called the office to ask if the Dr. could call me, & again Michelle was very rude. When Dr. did call back 1 week later she had attitude and accused me of being ****! Which I firmly denied. WHERE ARE ALL THE GOOD DOCTORS GONE??

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2011

Dr. Chua has been very helpful with any concerns on every visit, she is very personable and displays a genuine interest in her patients (health, family, work...) She was also able to accurately diagnose a fairly non obvious condition, Thoracit Outlet Syndrome. I had neck, shoulder, pectoral pain and muscle spasms and numbness in my fingers. She quickly thought it was possible that it was TOS and proceeded to investigate from the simplest tests to the more specialized. Neck X ray to nerve conductivity to CT Angio to finally confirm the initial hunch. All other professionals were quick to dismiss the problem as a pinched nerve in the neck but she took the time to consider other possibilities and we ultimately successful in the treatment of my symptoms!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2011

Excellent doctor on levels. Not a 'cathy chatty" but still communicates effectively. Wish she worked more hours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

One of there receptionist was rude. There's time I have to wait for a while for her. She wasn't helpful with the diagnose. She just want the appt to go fast cuz she got other healthcare(patient) to charge. If you have any concern about a problem that hasn't gone away 3 yrs now. She would say it's all in your head and hears more medicine. Rely on results from other but does not look into more ways to solve theproblem. I'll never go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Our family's favourite doctor in the clinic she works out of. Gives me, and my knowledge, the respect I, as a patient, deserve.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Love her. I find her extremely thorough! Sore knee - right to x-ray, then to MRI (other Dr.'s kept giving me exercises/braces, but never looked for problem. Tendonitis in wrist - sent me to specialist to check into cortizone shots - non of the - "rest and put ice on it...". She saved my dad's life. Other Dr.'s kept giving him stomach acid medicine, useless Barium tests. She went right to colonoscopy and MRI. He had a large cancerous polyp in bowel. Removed and cancer free for over 2 years. Thank goodness we switched to her. My husband had hemroids - other Dr. gave cream and cool compresses. Same week he went and saw her - b/c he couldn't sit, and she actually physically went to neighbouring surgeon down hall, consulted and actually removed the "thrombosis" - never heard of that one before in a family clinic!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2008

Very poor on diagnosis.. Does not seem to evaluate the problems. Everything seems to be brushed off and she does not take concerns seriously. If it were not for another doctor I would not be alive today. Hopefully it is not too late.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

She does not seem to care to much, tries to get you out in a hurry,always brushes of any complain,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

really like her and love her honesty, very good, no concerns

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1799147].votes_count ]]