Rate Dr. Richard L. Simmons

Dr. Richard L. Simmons's Ratings

Dr. Simmons and his staff did a wonderful job. Especially Samantha. Sweaty Fat Old Bald Nervous guy got through Lasik with flying colors.

Submitted April 11, 2013 | flag

I had PRK surgery 9 months ago from the staff at Atlantic Eye Institute, and Dr. Simmons was my ophthalmologist. Dr. Simmons and his staff are undeniably professional. From the setting of expectations, the explanation of the surgical options and procedures, and the quality of the pre/post-operative care -- I couldn't have imagined a better experience. My vision is awesome, my eyes are healthier than they’ve ever been, and this PRK surgery is among the best decisions I've ever made. The best part is that Atlantic Eye Institute isn't just a surgical team; they are a full service vision center where I can have my annual exams, etc. That continuum of service was important to me and was part of my decision to go with Dr. Simmons. I couldn't recommend Dr. Simmons and his staff more. Please call for a consultation and explore what he and the Atlantic Eye Institute can do for you. **Ask about military rates!**

Submitted Feb. 3, 2013 | flag

From the first call I made I felt completely at ease with Dr. Simmons and his staff. They answered every question and made every effort to make me as comfortable as possible during the procedure. Based on my experience with Dr. Simmons I have already made several recommendations to friends and family. Everyone was professional, courteous and attentive to my every need and concern. Dr. Simmons and his team are highly recommended!!!

Submitted Feb. 3, 2013 | flag

I had PRK done by Dr. Simmons. He and his staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Spent all the time needed to ensure all of my questions were answered. Always let me know what to expect next to help alleviate my apprehension with having the procedure performed. The actual procedure was amazing. GI had a great experience, and I have to thank them for changing my life. Being able to see without corrective lenses is truly a blessing.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2013 | flag

Love my LASIK. I can see!!!! Dr. Simmons and his staff were wonderful to work with!

Submitted April 22, 2012 | flag

We are thrilled with the decision to use Atlantic Eye. All the doctors, Lorie and Rochelle were the best! Professional, approachable and answered all our needs and questions. We feel very pleased with this decision and my son could not be happier with the decision to not be in glasses or contacts anymore since he was a young child.

Submitted March 8, 2012 | flag

Great doctor and staff. I had PRK surgery one year ago and couldn't be happier to no longer wear glasses. I should have done this years ago. Dr. Simmons is very patient and answered all my questions.

Submitted March 7, 2012 | flag

I received cataract surgery on both eyes. I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes. The pre-op, the operation and the post-op procedures were excellent. I would reccomend Dr. Richard Simmons to anybody with eye problems.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

After researching many doctors in the Jacksonville area, Dr. Simmons and his staff were by far, the number one selection for choosing who would perform my Lasik surgery. Everyone I asked either had their Lasik performed by Dr. Simmons or knew someone who did. He and his staff are very personable, sweet spirited people. For a procedure that many see as stressful or scarey, Dr Simmons and Lori (surgical coordinator) walked me through every step of the process -making it an exciting decision for me as well as giving me the confidence that I had chosen the right group to work on my eyes. It was the best decision I've ever made for myself. Sitting up right after surgery and being able to see across the room for the 1st time in 30 years, its still very emotional for me. Its so worth it!!!!

Submitted Dec. 10, 2011 | flag

My experience was all good. My eyes are really bad and I had cataracts. To get them totally corrected I would need toric lenses which are not covered by insurance, and would cost an extra $2400. Dr. Simmons was able to get me to 20/25 with the toric lenses. Woo Hoo!! Thanks Doctor

Submitted Nov. 9, 2011 | flag