Rate Dr. Manya B. Helman

Dr. Manya B. Helman's Ratings

The fact that Dr. Helman works at the methadone clinic is hardly a conflict of interest, it actually makes her that much more qualified to do her job in her private practice. Many physicians take on "medical directorships" at other institutions (for example, ER docs often are the medical directions of a police station, orthopedists can work as medical directors of sports teams etc) to supplement their income and gain valuable experience and contacts that can be used to better their current patients. Moreover, doing a medical directorship hold physicians to increased scrutiny and high standards while they practice at that institution. I am not a Dr but I am certain that Dr. Helman's work at the methadone clinic makes her a more experienced Doc who can deliver well-informed care.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2012 | flag

Dr. will spend time with you that most Dr.'s don't. It is proably the reason she runs late on most app. I know I spend at least an hour with her unlike other Dr.'s she will take time to talk to you and listens. If you are a drugie and don't pay your bills she will cut you off so don't go see her. Most complents I see have to do with her cutting them off meds, so what do you want to get free medical advance and free meds, go to a clinic with all the other no pays. Have nothing but good things to say about her care, been seeing her for 18 years for all kinds of medical needs and she has done a great job. If I had one complant it's about some of the low lifes that she see's and I have to sit with in the waiting room and listen to them complain about having to pay cash.GO SEE SOMEONE ELSE THEN.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. Helman utilizes non-medical staff (for instance, I was sharing personal medical and personal background with somebody I thought was in medicine who turned out to be a Take Shape For Life Coach, her name is Kim -- and both Dr. Helman and Kim get commissions from getting patients to join the weight loss scam!), and is wholly unprofessional on many levels. I've known her to kick patients off a large dose of pain meds with NO TAPERING WHATSOEVER .. because she can.. Among other things..She is a doctor to be avoided. She gets paid BIG BUCKS by offering Suboxone Treatment, and runs the Methadone Clinics in Salem (conflict of interest in my opinion, since she has a long history of over-prescribing meds and getting patients addicted!!). For the person who was "saved" by her from their addiction, great!--but that is her job. She charges HUNDREDS OF $$$ to enter her Program, and doesn't take insurance!(ENTIRE PRACTICE IS CASH. ??IRS? Shut her down! she's DANGEROUS!Let her sell Real ESTATE!

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag

doctor was very nice. she explained everything to me and even showed me pictures. the office and the room were very clean.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2012 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Helman for 16 years. Dr. Helman is one of the most genuine and caring people on the planet, in addition to her superb medical training. Dr. Helman listens to you and helps give you, the patient, wise advice in addition to her patience and skills. Dr. Helman is the best doctor that I have ever had. I have had many who just treat me like a number without any follow up. Dr. Helman will treat you like a person, treat you with respect, and treat you professionally. If you choose to not pay for your doctor care out of pocket, please choose another doctor that will take your insurance. Dr. Helman has patients that appreciate her level of care without having to go through the insurance circus. Thank you Dr. Helman!

Submitted Oct. 11, 2011 | flag

I have seen dr Helman for the past six to seven years. for the first four years the only problem i had with her was her keeping her appointments on time. there has been times when i waited and hour and half to be seen even though i was the first patient of the day. but in the last two to three years somthing has changed. i see her for pain management and about three years ago she started charging a pain management yearly fee. not very happy with that but continues to stay becuase was told that all pain therapy requires it. now in the the last three monthes she changes her rate without notification and now have a huge bill to pay. a 400 percent increase from what i was paying before, because she wont take may insurance. stay away if she wont take your insurance. it all about money for her now. its sad becuase i really liked her and thought i was being looked after, i sometimes wonder whats the diffrence between a street dealer and a doctor , a doctor is licenced

Submitted Aug. 10, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of DR.Helman for two years...Dr.Helman, in my opinion, saved my life...I came to her heavilly addicted to prescription medications..pain pills..(methadone,Oxycontin etc)She was the first dr. that I had ever went to with this problem that looked me in the eye, did not judge me, saw past my addiction, and saw me as a human being(even though I did not even recognize myself as one at the time) I have seen her for all of my medical needs since then. I am upset after reading some of the unkind words posted. Today, I have been in recovery with her without relapse..and owe that first to GOD, and then to DR.HELMAN..I have never had a dr. before spend the amount of time with me, and show the care and concern that she has. I feel a bond with her that I feel with only my closest friends. She has taken care of all of my other medical needs, in a timely, thorough manner.She has always treated me with compassion, kindness and concern.

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

I have always found Dr. Helman to be professional, compassionate and caring. She has always been concerned about my health and that of my family. Every time I see Dr. Helman, we discuss things going on in my life and, yes, sometimes religion and politics come up. Is that a big deal? She looks at her patients from a holistic perspective, not a narrow-minded, "blinders on" position of just how to treat this person and get them out of my office. I would recommend Dr. Helman without hesitation to anyone...young or old. She is an absolute gem!

Submitted June 7, 2011 | flag

Submitted March 26, 2011 | flag

This woman should not be allowed to practice medicine at all. What she does to her patients is dangerous. She will prescribe pain meds and then cuts you off cold turkey. She is a glorified drug dealer, and doesn't care about anything except the almighty dollar. The pain meds aren't the only problem. Her prescribing methods of other medications is dangerous as well. She doesn't follow a taper method on anything she has ever prescribed for me. I urge people to go anywhere else but to her. She will also make you wait for hours, and talk religion often. She is extremely condescending as well.

Submitted March 5, 2011 | flag