Dr. Lucia R. Tuffanelli

Grad. Year: 1970

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Lucia R. Tuffanelli has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Lucia" to "Lucia R."

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 679849
05/09/08 5 5 5 5 I am plagued with the most sensitive and susceptible skin on the planet. From larva migranes to lice to rashes and alergic reactions... I have had it all. I would never go to anybody but Dr. LT. She is patient, funny, and probably the smartest doctor I have been to. So much so, I would go to her for orthopedic problems.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 585160
07/05/08 3 3 3 3 I have never been compelled to write a review but I was shocked at the absolute indifference and unfriendliness Dr. Lucia Tuffanelli showed me on my first visit to her. She was a caricature of the uncaring doctor who can't wait for you to get out of her examining room. Although she answered my questions her tone and expressions implied she was doing me a favor to indulge my questions about my condition. I felt horrible as I was talking to her, trying to ignore her negative vibe and hoping that she would warm up to me. I'm not expecting small talk or overt friendliness; but unwelcomed is not a feeling I've ever had in a doctor's office and between me, my parents and kids I've seen many. My primary doctor referred me to her and I'm going to complain about the referral.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 121361
31/01/07 3 1 4 Dr. Tuffanelli was extremely rude. I went to see her because I have an extreme skin cancer risk. It was as if I was wasting her time. I have never gone back to her.
See Responses
RID: 56408
15/11/06 1 3 4 Her staff is rediculously rude and instantly puts me in an awful mood whenever I go to see her. I have had over 10 appointments and not one of them was ever on time... always at least thirty minutes behind. She is a little harsh until she warms up to you, but once she does she's great.
RID: 38079
28/07/06 2 4 5 I have a great deal of respect for Dr. Tuffanelli's professional abilities and like her personally. I felt so strongly about her that I continued seeing her for a number of years despite her staff. Her staff finally drove me away, however. Some of the staff are the rudest, most unhelpful medical staff personnel with whom I have dealt.
RID: 31028
26/05/06 5 5 5 Dr. Lucia Tuffanelli is perhaps one of the most helpful, informative doctors I have ever gone to -- and I'm no stranger to doctors. She spared my son plastic surgery on a scar by simply giving him a steroid injection to lessen the swelling and redness, and gave him the PERFECT prescription for his acne (after many visits to other dermatologists). She ably and patiently dealt with my skin tags, stinky feet and rashes. I'd heard that she was "cold" from another Ratings website, but I found her warm, engaging, charming, with a wry sense of humor. She came highly recommended to me by our son's pediatrician (who is often on the Best Doctors lists). The ONLY problem with her practice is her truly dreadful support staff. Heaven help you if you want to get a prescription refilled; it takes a thousand calls and reminders, and then they still screw it up. So, if you manage to get an appointment with Dr. Tuffanelli (the daughter, though her dad is there, too), your skin will be so grateful.
RID: 25929
21/03/06 4 5 5 Dr. T spent a great deal of time talking with me about my complicated skin condition. She listened attentively, asked lots of questions, and reassured me as much as possible. She came up with a plan of action, and overall, seemed confident with helping me. After reading the previous posts, I was concerned that she would be cold and distant. Though not a vivacious, overt person, her witty sense of humor was wonderously comforting. She is definitely an intellectual. I will definitely return to see her in the future.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 24072
01/03/06 4 4 5 I've seen Dr. Tuffanelli for several years, initially because of a skin cancer concern. She's quite busy, and might be perceived as abrupt by some patients who want long talks with their doctor, but I have always received thorough responses to my questions and find her to be a genuinely caring doctor.
RID: 22800
13/02/06 4 5 5 She saved my life by ordering a biopsy of pink not brown or black small spot on my arm. Turned out to be beginnings of melanoma. She is a lifesaver in my estimation!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 22074
31/01/06 4 5 5 Dr. Tuffanelli is excellent. She is quite busy so may seem abrupt but can actually be quite friendly and exudes efficiency.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 10424
10/08/05 3 5 5 She diagnosed a difficult autoimmune illness no one else had been able to figure out. She will be playful and social if you and the intensity of the busy practice allows. She and her father have a very busy, highly reputible practice. I trust her completely.  Respond
RID: 5574
17/02/05 2 1 1 Didn't do a proper dermatological exam. Was rude, arrogant, and unfriendly. Failed to diagnose a fungal infection of the toenails despite having had it pointed out to her.  Respond
RID: 4186
28/12/04 5 4 5 Knew exactly what I had. Very straight to the point. In and out in about 10 mins. I appreciate how knowledgable, but seemed cold. If you like that kind of detached doctor, she's the one. The prescription worked very well.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user