Dr. Himanshu Patel

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 10/06/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 60 reviews. Dr. Himanshu Patel has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5615597
07/07/14 4 5 5 5 He is Well Knowledge Person he believes and treats every kid as his own Kid .I experienced Good with my Kid.
RID: 5300063
22/03/14 5 5 5 5 My daughter has been under Dr. Patel's care since past 2.5 years. She has had almost 80% improvement in her overall development and symptoms associated with severe allergies and eczema under Dr. Patel's care. Diagnosis was always perfect, minimal to no waiting times, staff has been very accommodating with appointments, and overall a very good medical facility for kids. Dr. Patel has always been very prompt, reassuring, responsive and a thorough medical professional. I'm very happy to have found such good care for my child and would highly recommend Dr. Patel for all pediatric needs.
RID: 5219107
03/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr.Patel has been my kids Pediatrician since 1999 and has helped us diagnose and treat my children during difficult times.My son had a very high temperature of 106.2 when he was 5 years old and was given high priority by the hospital after doctor had to make multiple calls to make sure my son was seen right away.My daughter had been through a very difficult time with social embarrassment due to spots on her face which was refused by the dermatologists I had approached and Dr.Patel took the initiative to treat her with his expertise and knowledge also with a different and unique approach to which the results were great and we are forever very thankful to him for bringing that smile back on my daughters face. He is very knowledgeable and has gained our family trust as we have been through very tough times and is truly dedicated to his patients.The medications are given only if necessary and his expertise sets him apart from all others. We are truly happy and trust him with his decisions.  Respond
RID: 3641634
23/12/13 5 5 5 5 I visit to him since 2008 & yes he is strick doc. However he is good that he just don't give unnecessary medication to kid. My kid has fiberal seizure issue, doc told us that it will take time to go away. We still not satisfied so we took him to India & did homeopathic medication if it helps & & also we saw him other doc in India. However nothing is worked then we realized what he was saying was right. So I am happy with his treatment.
RID: 3631921
13/12/13 4 5 5 5 I am visiting Dr.Patel for my twins for 9 years, and actually he is our family pediatrician since 2001. we are very satisfied with him. He is a straight forward person and always gives you the advise which is best for your child. He gives us material to read, i find these information quiet helpful. sometimes he doesn't start the medication right away, because he knows that some infections just take time. He is a very knowledgeable doctor, we never have any complaint.
RID: 3616428
22/11/13 4 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is my son's pediatrician. As a first time, I have lots of questions and worries. Dr. Patel is always very patient with me, guides me, listens to and answers all my questions. His tips are very useful. He usually gives a booklet which is very informative. He has lot of care and concern for the babies. I can very well remember when my son was 4 months old; he had very bad cold and was vomiting. It was a Sunday. I gave him a call. He asked me to calm down and gave me few instructions. He called me again later in the evening to enquire how my son was doing. We have high regards for Dr. Patel. I have recommended Dr. Patel to some of my friends and they are also very happy with him. Thank you Dr. Patel for your guidance and for taking care of my son.
RID: 3606748
15/11/13 5 5 5 5 Dr.Himanshu Patel is an efficient, dedicated and knowledgeable pediatrician. He has been a wonderful pediatrician for both our kids for the past 11 years. He is very patient and always willing to answer all our queries. He treats every child as his own. If your child is sick and needs to be seen he accommodates you even if he has a busy schedule. The office staff is very efficient and best of all there is minimal wait time. We would definitely recommend him to all our friends and family.
RID: 3592051
31/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is a great doctor, i am visiting him for last 5 years. Haven't had any single complaint. He has good nature of handling the patient with nice and friendly communication. His medical diagnosis is also noticeable and accurate. I dont have insurance and he doesn't even charged me visiting fees many times. I would recommend Dr. Himanshu Patel as Pediatrician to anyone without any hesitations.
Paid (or co-pay): $45
RID: 3588962
28/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Patel is the best doctor i have ever met I have been seeing him for my son since he is born its almost one and half year and have no complains so far excellent knowledgable doctor.
Respond

16/10/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2588440
18/03/13 3 2 1 2 My son got seizures due to high fever n I called 911, when i followed up with Dr. Patel for the same reason, the first thing which he said was, "now, u got ur lesson", when I asked about y he was saying like this, he replied "tylenol is not the medication for all fever" n after 5 mins of examination he said, "continue tylenol n call me if fever goes high" n when i called him next day he replied " I don't have MAJIC WAND, n how many times should i tell u that Viral fever takes time".It was too harsh n rude. Parents call doctor when they got confused n worried about their child n its doc's duty to calm them n reply n explain everything to parents, but this type of things happened 2-3 times in last 2 months n I CHANGED the DOCTOR.. MY WORSE DOCTOR's EXPRIENCE EVER, I PERSONALLY HATE HIM FOR THE REASONs, HOW HE REPLIES TO PARENTS... He is greedy n makes appointments 3-4 times for every illness n usually starts meds after it got worsen....He keep child to suffer first n then treating them.
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 2479088
20/11/12 3 1 1 1 Dr.patel will give u paper anytime u ask question.Even will call you for false visit he has no nurse in his facility and trying to do everything at his own.Very rude and please stay away from him if you want to see you child happy and ur pocket too.
RID: 2385205

26/07/12 1 1 1 1
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 2329224
06/07/12 4 5 4 4 Dr.Patel is organized, knowledgable and helpful. I am happy to take both my kids (son-3, daughter-2) to him and my kids love their doctor visits. We moved recently and found the pediatrician by recommendation and I'm glad we chose him. The doctor is usually right with diagnosis and will patiently explain why he would go with a particular medication or treatment. He doesn'tt give unnecessary meds like how most people do over here practicing defensive medicine. He is also updated with current research which is impressive. Office staff is also very good. Initially I was curious why he didn't have separate waiting areas for wellness and sick visits, but soon realized that is because he doesn't make you wait at all. I would highly recommend the doctor to anyone in the Dayton, south Brunswick, north/new Brunswick areas.
Respond

10/06/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "SOMERSET" to "North Brunswick"
RID: 2114069
06/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr.Patel is the best doctor we have come across in his field.Both our kids are very fond of him and his advise is always the very best.The best part is that he treats our kids as his own and would treat them the same way.A very caring and a good friend kinda person.He always says things the way they are and no surprises. Our overall experience since past 7 years has been great.We love him.....
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 2112224
05/05/12 1 2 1 1 I will not recommend Dr Himanshu Patel to anyone!! This is the first review I have ever written; but I needed to write and make people aware. He doesnt entertain questions, and hands out booklets and expects you to read online. If you ask him a question he will direct you to these sources. It is very frustrating, when you are worried for your newborn child and the doctor responds in such a way. I read his material and it didnt cover the concerns we had. If a parent needs to read and understand how to care/treat a child, then why go to a doctor??? What is more disappointing is his behavior with your child and you. After he examined our little one, he pushed him aside as if the child is a nobody. A better approach for him, would be to answer the immediate concerns of parents and then hand out material for supplemental reading and avoiding sergeant major attitude towards parents.
RID: 2028279
15/04/12 5 5 5 5 I have chosen this doctor as my twins pediatrician when I was pregnant and had good experiences so far.The doctor is very knowledgeable and patient. I never had any problems getting appointments. I never had to wait for my turn and the staff doesn't overbook patients for the same time slot.The office staff is very friendly and very organized. I would definitely recommend this doctor to anyone.  Respond
RID: 2026390
15/04/12 5 5 5 5 Doctor is the Second parent for your Kids..Never Compromise..Dr.Patel is one the best pediatrician in NJ. I have two kids a boy(5) Girl(2) although, they both cry once they see him but he know how to handle them. He just moved to new office with sate of the art interior. I am in the hospitality buisness and i can assure you once you see the office and his personality you will agree. Well, Thank you for your help!!!"Not Possible without your care"
RID: 1840214
03/04/12 1 1 1 1 If you want to put your kids in monster's hand please go to this doctor. He is not even a decent person forget about being doctor.Can be compared to an animal.I dont know which world he lives in. Please dont ever go this doctor. He will treat you like a dog suck your money and leave you feeling miserable. He doesnt even know how to talk. Please dont ever ever ever go to him. Stay away from this devil. He is cursed to go to hell by me. This is straight from mom's heart.
RID: 1662863
16/12/11 5 5 5 5 We are a military family,and I believe is every parents dream in having the best doctor for your medical needs so I spend a long time looking for a friendly, respectful environment for my children (7, 5, and 2) and am very happy to say that Dr Himanashu Patel is a dream come true for my children and I. Very respectful, knowledgeable, friendly doc. His staff are also friendly and respectful. I always leave his office with a smile on my face. Always on time and always put my kids first in case of emergency. By the way we moved about 40miles from his office and never think of changing doctor. But am so sad because now we are moving to VA and I hate to leave because I know how many pediatric I had before I found doc Patel. I pray I can find someone like him in VA. I even asked if he will like to move with us lol!. I highly recommend Doc Patel to anyone who want the best for their children. I truly have no one negative thing to say about him or his staff. Thank you Doc Patel,God bless u!!!  Respond
RID: 1627340
08/11/11 2 3 1 2 He has huge attitude and he think he knows everything. He hands out few papers and makes you read it and then expects not to ask anything unless it’s not in that paper. He has strict policy to call only on certain times even during emergency. They do not listen to voicemail left after office hours till next morning. He keeps smiling when we ask questions, makes us think we don’t know what we are doing. If you are late, be ready to listen that it does not work with him and he does not appreciate it. He might be good for other kids, but his personality and attitude towards new parents did not work out with me.
RID: 1486963
14/07/11 2 4 1 1 This doctor is very rude and thinks he is way superior then the parents. Cure and care for kids should go together but he does not seem to care at all and he is rather busy in telling us how he is the best in his field, which I completely disagree with. He has to work on his attitude first, but still he cannot be a good doctor as he lacks knowledge in his own field. He might be good with older kids(based on the reviews here) but I faced a big disappointment as a parent of a newborn.
RID: 1368393
21/02/11 5 5 5 5 Hello all, just want to share my opinion about Dr.Patel. He is a God send. He has been taking care of my 2 boys since 2002. They love him very much. He is very knowledgable. He has friendly staff, no wait time and easy apts. He is upfront and straight forward. I always take it in the right sense. I make sure that I follow his instructions, which I think is very important. When it comes to my kids, I want the best and no doubt Dr. Patel is the best. He treats my kids as he does his own. I have recommended him to my friends. THANKS DR.PATEL FOR ALL YOUR SERVICES. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :-)  Respond
RID: 1314759
14/12/10 5 5 5 5 I have two sons that see Dr. Patel, he was referred to us from my sister. We are very comfortable with the way he treats and cares for them. For us, he has stayed late, come in on a sunday and has assisted us after hours which parents know is priceless. The best compliment you can give a pediatrician is to take your kids to them and trust him with their health, which me and my husband do since we have been going to him for over three years now. One of the most helpful things he has done is provide me (when I was a new parent) with handouts and booklets with information on how the infants develop.  Respond
RID: 1311351
09/12/10 5 4 5 5 We have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Patel for our children's care. He is knowledgable and avoids unnecessary treatments. His diagnosis os really good. He is a firm doctor when it comes to certain rules in his office, which has actually helped us by being seen on time.He spends a good amount time with his patients and does not rush them out unnecesariy. His staff is excellent. Shilpa and her collegues there are very polite, good and efficient, all of which is becoming rare in most doctor's offices today!
RID: 1309206
07/12/10 5 5 5 5 I have been using Dr. Himanshu Patel's services since last 8 years. I have two daughters [8 and 4]..He has been extremly helpful. Good points are => Always on time (At the most we have to wait for 5 min. max.), Pays good attention, Remebers case history very well, Goes out of his way for follow-up to ensure that your kids are well. I have very high regards for him and strongly recommend Dr. Patel.
RID: 1298114
20/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is an exceptional doctor. He is caring yet straight forward. He takes the time to get to know each patient. Dr. Patel is the type of doctor that will call to check on a sick patient. He's is truly awesome!
RID: 1297565
19/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is very knowledgeable and keeps himself abreast of current medical news. He is always willing to make time to see your child and calls to get an update on your child’s progress. He has been 100% correct on every diagnosis and will take the time to explain the diagnosis as well as the treatment involved. We have been seeing Dr. Patel for 8 years and I always recommend him to any one asking for a great pediatrician.
RID: 1280594
27/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Patel is very knowledgable and is mostly on target once we give him the symptoms. He keeps himself uptodate with all that is going on around. He prescribes antibiotics only when its absolutely required. He is very patient with parents questions. We had been to 2 pediatricians before and will have to tell you guys that Dr.Patel is the best. He even calls to check how the kid is doing or comes to office if required when you have an emergency. He remembers each one of his patients by names and what problems his patients had without even having to look at the log sheets. He takes very limited cases and I never had to wait for more than 10 minutes for any of my kids appointments. I have been very satisfied with him for the past 4 years.
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 4 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 836328
19/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr.Himanshu is very experienced and knowledgeable. His patience and willingness to go extra miles makes him unique. He is always available regardless of off-hours especially during nights. In short, he is a good doctor and we are glad to have him.
RID: 835576
19/03/09 5 5 5 5 We have been going to Dr. Himanshu for more than 10 years. We had great experience with him and the kids love the stickers and lolipops. The staff is excellent also.  Respond
RID: 832997
17/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is very knowledgeable and an amazing pediatrician! He takes his time with the kids as well as the parents. He makes sure not only are the kids left at ease but the parents as well. He doesn’t recommend any unnecessary medications until it is necessary. He will follow up with you and make sure your child is doing well. We never had to wait in his office more than 5 minutes. We have been going to his office since he started his practice and both of our children are VERY happy with his service. He REALLY CARES & IT SHOWS!! Absolutely the best pediatrician I could ever wish for and recommend this doctor to everyone.
RID: 821358
09/03/09 4 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is a pediatrician for our both kids since 2004. We found Dr. Patel very professional and dedicated to his profession. Dr. Patel hires very pleasant and helpful staff in his office. His diagnosis, treatment and medical advice are very good. His pledge to treat every child / patient as he would for his own is very impressive. We think very high of Dr. Patel and certainly recommend him as a great medical service provider in our area. Thanks
RID: 819553
08/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is always punctual. I never waited in his waiting room more than 5 minutes.He is very courteous, gives time to my children. He always answers my questions. H goes out of his way to provide all the necessary information. My teenage son feels very comfortable with him. He maintains confidentiality to the teenagers so that they are open and honest with him. That fact is very comforting to me. He gives me written information so that i can go home and read about it. Now my pre teen daughter is happy that she can read the information at her leisure. He also send remainders every year for flu vaccine and well check ups. My daughter has asthma. it is very helpful to get the timely flu vaccine. when ever he goes on vacation some one will be covering his office. I don;t need to worry about driving to see a different doctor. Office staff is courteous and helpful. I am very happy with him as my children's doctor, as he takes care of them as if they are his own. I will recommend him .  Respond
RID: 800603
25/02/09 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor ever visited on time very freindly with childrens gives the right advise and always supports truth he treats every child as his own child. People who wrote negative about him do not know how to judge people. Never seen a doctor like this in my life.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 797781
23/02/09 5 5 5 5 Professional and caring. We came to Dr. Himanshu Patel after a pediatrician in the area mis diagnosed my first son. We have been going to him for over 12 years and the service is impeccable. After every visit, his staff has called my home to follow up on my children's conditions. He never forgets to send a birthday card or reminder for well care visits. I highly reccomend him.
RID: 786400
10/02/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Himanshu Patel has been my 4 kids' doctor for 10 years. He is very thorough and up to date with current medical treatments and concerns. I cannot believe the negative reviews I have seen! He is not only honest about a concern or treatment but is always concerned with what is best for the child. He has gone above and beyond the call of what a doctor normally would. I have called him in more than one urgent situation and he has always made himself available to my children and what their medical needs were at the time. He has called our house from home on a weekend just to make sure my kids were doing well on the mediction prescribed or just to check on how they are feeling. One of the things my family loves most about him is that he is not one to prescribe medication for every little thing. He believes in the body's ability to fight of certain things on its own. It is so visible how much he loves helping children and making them healthy and happy! He truly is a blessing!
RID: 757053
06/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Himanshu Patel has been extraordinarily good with my three children for the past 11 years. My daughter has serious issues with her asthma and Dr. Patel has helped her through every hospitalization and special treatment that has been necessary. He has given equal dedication and care to my other daughter and son, the youngest since he was born. I would highly recommend this dr. again. I already did to one of my close friends and she is equally as happy. If you would like a doctor who is truthful about his diagnosis and reasoning, and someone who will medicate your children only when it is necessary, then this doctor is right for you. He would never medicate children unless it was absolutely necessary, and calls to follow up with you if your child had any ailment. My family is very pleased with Dr. Patel and would travel in excess of 30+ miles to see him.
RID: 728838
24/11/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Himanshu was recommended to me by a friend and it was the best advice I took. Dr. is very punctual,I have never had to wait in his office for more than 10 mins. He is very good with my son. I like that he prescribes medication only when it is needed and he explains everything clearly to me. Whatever question I may ask about my childs health he has replied with patience. I trust him with my childs health and I think that is very important for a parent. I would highly recommend him to other parents.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 717031
06/11/08 5 5 5 5 I recommend Dr. H. Patel to the highest degree. He is the best doctor I have ever met or dealt with (Hands down). I used to live near his office, but now I live farther away (20+ Miles) and I refuse to change doctors. He has consistently proven to be spot on with his diagnosis and knowledge. I have had a few emergency situations with my kids, where they had to go to a nearby hospital. I will let them diagnose and stabilize, but I will not let other doctors treat without consulting with Dr. Patel first (the only Doctor that I trust). Here are the things that I love; He is very responsive off-hours. He does not beat around the bush, he tells you exactly what he thinks and what needs to be done. He does not prescribe medicine if it is not absolutely necessary. He cares... I honestly believe that he treats (pun) my children, as if they were his own. If you want a caring Doctor that knows his job and does it effectively ... Look no further than Dr. H. Patel (the only doctor I trust)!
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 712117
29/10/08 4 5 5 5 I have been going to the doctor for last 5 year for both my KIDS. He is on time and excepts you to be on time. He has been extremely helpful when my kids were hospitalized. I will say if you are the type who does not like frequent visits and believe in lot of medication/ test over doctors judgment for the baby, then he is not the doctor. I like the doctor and recommend him to you anytime .Just give yourself 2 to 3 visit to get used to him.  Respond
RID: 708165
23/10/08 5 5 5 5 Please do not belive any negative comments about this doctor. I guess, someone is intentionally trying to hurt his reputation. What is all the non-sense about, crazy about money, unnecessary visits etc...This is completely contrary to our experience in all these years (11 to be exact) Dr. Himanshu has been a wonderful doctor for our son who is 11 years old now and have never considered going to another pediatrician for our son. His greatest strength is caring about the children and knowledge. I recall many incidents when as a parent, I insisted medication for my child and his recommendation has been that there is no need for unnecessary medication. He only gives medicine when it is absolutely needed. There are always follow-up calls when the situation warranted. I recommend him without any hesitation.
RID: 704888
19/10/08 5 5 5 5 Some of the posts in this forum came as a surprise to us as we have been visiting Dr. Patel for about 2 years now for our daughter. He has been an excellent doctor for us. We love the fact that not only are these doctor visits short as he manages to make most of his appointments on time and never makes us feel rushed with his calm manner but also recently we had an incident where our daughter was quite sick and not only did Dr. Patel see her multiple times but very patiently answered all our queries (some multiple times). He has been excellent in his analysis of whats wrong with our daughter and he has built an excellent relationship with her. We have been to doctors before where the waiting and anticipation itself has exhausted the kids. We feel we are lucky that we found Dr Patel and would recommend him highly to anyone. He has been terrific in all respects.
RID: 701010
13/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is a very good doctor. I highly recommend him to any parent. He is very gentle and understanding. Since I have been going to him he has set my mind at ease with all of the first time mother worries. I am very happy he is my son's doctor and as long as I live in NJ he will be his doctor. He is very knowledgeable towards my worries and concerns. If you take your child(ren) here trust me you would not regret it.
RID: 699276
09/10/08 5 5 5 5 I absolutely recommend this doctor to any one. He is very Knowledgeable person and do not recommend any unnecessary medications until otherwise is necessary. Most important thing is, he is on time and expect the same from us. If there is an emergency and call him during day or night he gets back to you straight away immaterial of time. He interacts well with kids and aks if there are any concerns or questions at every visit.
Insurance: Unicare
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 699274
09/10/08 5 5 5 5 My older one has been treated by Dr. Patel for 8 years now and 5 year old since birth. Dr. Patel is a very good doctor. People skills? He is a doctor! His diagnosis is accurate, his treatment the best and my children healthy. We are very happy with Dr. Patel. You need to trust him and know his style and I bet in a few months or in a year you will know that this doctor is unlike any other. Call him at any hour and he will calmly guide you, if it's an emergency he will see your child. He will follow up with you every time your child is sick by calling you. I have never had a doctor do this.None of our visits have we felt rushed, in fact he'll patiently let my kids talk to him after their check-up. And about money, he has waived my co-pay if I had to bring my son frequently. And none of these frequent visits were for money. They were because of the seriousness of the illness. He doesn't prescribe medicine unnecessarily.He is punctual and expects his patients to be the same. A great doctor indeed!
RID: 697029
06/10/08 5 5 5 5 I would strongly recommend Dr.Patel for all his knowledge,patience,puncutiality and caring.He is one of hard to find doctor who is always worried more for the kids sometimes more than parents do.He treats all kids as their are his own kids because he dosent order unnecessary test or prescribes medicines untill necessary. He also gives prescription in hand if needed so we dont have to make trips back to office. He always stays in loop and like updates from us about kids health which you would rarely find any doctor worry after visit. As it goes it is hard to find a friend we are very lucky to find a GOOD FRIEND IN OUR DOCTOR. It is so hard to write all his good qualities in words as you run out of words. He is the best if you ever need appointment he gives you same day if child is ill even it means he has to stay till 7o'clock. You very rarely have to wait more than five minutes in his office to see him as he times between each patient a lot so no one ever feels rushed.HE IS BEST OF BEST
RID: 696093
04/10/08 5 5 5 5 DR.HIMANSHU PATEL IS VERY GOOD.I HAVE TWO KIDS AND SINCE MY OLDER DAUGHTER WAS BORN I DID NOT HAVE DR PATEL I HAVE OTHER DOCTOR AND I DID NOT LIKE AT ALL I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS PEOPLE GETING THIS INFO HE IS SO PICKEE ON MONEY BUT THEY SHOULD GO TO OTHER DOCTOR. DR PATEL ID I CALL HIM 2:00AM AT NIGHT HE GIVE ME ANSWER RIGHT AWAY. AND SINCE I HAVE KIDS WHICH IS 8 YR I NEVER HAS TO GO TO ER ROOM BECAUSE HE ALWAYS THERE SO NEVER NEED TO GO TO HOSPITAL. I NEVER SEE LIKE THIS DR IN MY LIFE I AM SO PRO, I HAVE DR PATEL AS MY KIDS DOCTOR. THANKS FOR ALL HIS HELP
RID: 694469
01/10/08 5 5 5 5 I have two kids,Dr Patel is taking care of them since they are borned,I never had any issue with him,he is providing quick service as well as retrun call back within 30 minutes if my kids are sick,My elder daughter is 7 years old,I haven't think to change him because I judge doctor by his service,I would say he is the best doctor in my area for kids.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 694006
30/09/08 5 5 5 5 I WILL RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. I am surprised to see all this negative comments about Dr. Patel. He has been our pediatrician for two kids since 2005. We are very happy with his knowledge and helpfulness. He is always on time, I never have to wait more then five minutes. He does not give unnecessary medicine. He does not rush to end his appointments, he gives enogh time to patients and parents. Everytime I have left message for him, he has called me back ASAP. He has seen my kids on Sundays when his office is closed, I have not met a doctor who would care so much for his patients as much as Dr. Patel. He is providing excellent service and I strongly believe my kids are in safe hands.
RID: 693897
30/09/08 4 5 5 5 I am surprised to see all this negative comments about Dr. Patel. I think he is a great doctor who cares about children. He only gives medicine when its needed and follows-up promptly. I have a 9 year old and he loves to go to his office without any discomfort. Dr Patel cares about his patients, even if you are away on vacation. I would recommend him to anyone who cares about their kids health and wellness.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 693863
30/09/08 4 5 5 5 he is a very kind and considerate man my kids love him to death and cannot have enough of him, because of his attitude my boys want to be doctors just like him  Respond
RID: 654428
01/08/08 3 4 1 3 DO NOT GO TO HIM!!! He is extremely arrogant and all he cares about is money. I was visiting NJ with my young daughter and had to take her for an emergency consult since he was the closest to me in proximity. He was extremely rude to me and made me feel like he was doing me a favor by seeing her. Why do doctors forget that they are providing a service for which they are being PAID very handsomly?? There is no need to make anyone else like you are running a charity!! He charged me his fees upfront since I was an out of towner, with the promise to pay me back as soon my insurance company paid him. My insurance company processed his claim in two weeks but two months later, I still have not been paid back yet!! He is a total jerk!!
RID: 646846
24/07/08 1 3 1 4 I will not recommend this doctor to anyone .He is too arrogant and big EGO PROBLEM. He is never ready to listen to his patients and can go to any extent to prove his flimsy point. He is just after money and would call his patients again and again without any reason. Even he has no qualified nurse to help out the patients on small day to day queries.
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 561429
08/04/08 2 3 2 2 I will not recommend this doctor to anyone .He is too arrogant and he is not ready to listen to you, he loves having his way and he seeks flimsy excuses for patients to come to his office so he can get money from the insurance, not honest in his dealings and loves money too much above the welfare of the young patients.
RID: 507441
07/02/08 5 5 5 5 I am very glad we picked Dr. Patel to be our children's doctor. Here are our reasons why: 1: He is always on time and also has enough time to give you. He does not rush to end the appointment and answers all our questions.2: He will not dump antibiotics on my children like the majority of doctors. The flip side of this is that he wants to make sure that the children are not getting worse and will want to see them more than once in a short time frame when they are sick. But that is a better option for us than the constant barrage of antibiotics that our children were getting from another doctor in the vicinity during the winter months..3: His diagnosis is 99.9 % accurate and if that makes him a little arrogant..I can live with it. My children's health comes first. 4: He is the only doctor who has shown up at the clinic on Sundays time and again because my children were sick and he is one of the few doctors who is always on call instead of hiring a nurse practitioner.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 452921
29/11/07 2 5 2 4 This Dr. needs to get some people skills. I don't understand how he can be so rude and unethical to his clients. He definitely needs to work on his ego. He makes you to take couple of extra trips to his office hence negates the fact that he's on time. Not a person with whom you could discuss your issues, Frowns for every small discussion, Very unprofessional sometimes. I would not recommend this Dr.
RID: 343746
12/06/07 5 4 5 Dr. Patel is on time and expects the patient to be on time which I believe is fair. He is the only pediatrician I have seen that has at-most a 5 minute wait time. I have experienced much worse situations. My kids health has improved drastically after meeting with him and my kid falls ill lesser than before. I would recommend anyone frustrated of waiting at the doctor's to try him.  Respond
RID: 214507
19/03/07 4 1 3 This doctor has ATTITUDE problem - definitely need to work on communication skills. Also, he is after money (even though he is giving $50 for referral) - he will just ask for multiple visits. If you are looing to save time within a visit - he is good. But overall, you will spend more time by making frequent visits. He will not even give vitamin prescription during a health-check visit after sickness.
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 34077
29/06/06 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is a god send. He is nothing but compassionate about caring for our children. Always available - always attentive - always caring!!!!!  Respond
RID: 4183
28/12/04 3 1 3 I have never visited a doctor that was so eager to get paid. I do not recommend going to this quak who is out to make a quick buck!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user