Rate Dr. William Oxner

Dr. William Oxner's Ratings

I have to say, I came here to look at ratings for this doctor before going to see him and I was a little apprehensive. Some of the ratings made him sound a bit intimidating. However, I felt compelled to put up a rating after my experience for other people who may be coming here to look for some info on him. I have to say that Dr Oxner, spent all of the time he needed with me, he was very thorough, took time to talk through everything, examine me, and make some observations about my condition. He feels he is not the right specialist to treat me ( as he is a surgeon and I don't need surgery right now) so is referring me on, but he was attentive, knowledgeable, approachable, and easy to talk to , I found. He made me feel understood and taken seriously, and really I could have not asked for more. Thanks doc! Keep up the good work.

Submitted May 27, 2013 | flag

I would not recommend Dr. Oxner as he did not want my medical history and only spent a few minutes with me. Did not get any answers from except things like I don't know. Have major back problems for years, seen many specialist and told of major problems with my back and he told me nothing wrong with my back.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr Oxners people skills are as good as his medical skills andfrom my experience does care  a lot for his patient I consider myself lucky to have had him perform my surgery, I am now in the process of physio, pre surgery it was a strugle to perform simplest hygene tasks post surgery able to walk again and to care for myself and able to live life with didnity a simple thanks seams cheap for giving me my life back. So a million thanks greatful for ever!

Submitted May 7, 2012 | flag

i am 16 years old and im getting back surgery, i have two herniated dics, dr. oxner was very good to me and booked my surgery so that i can get back to sports as soon as possible

Submitted April 30, 2011 | flag

dr. oxner was very pleasant and very helpful. he listened extremely well to everything i had to say.

Submitted March 7, 2011 | flag

I was in to see the first time an well that took 1 whole min. an said I need an MRI.After the MRI was back to see him again. well he didnt give me any answers more questions.!!! He dont seem to care. The only thing he did seem to worry about was his pager. When he is with a patient one would think the Dr. would focus all his attention to that person. I am really disappointed after I have seen lots of Dr.s over the yrs. An I can honestly say he is the worst of the lot.He then asks. what I had done before. Well I had seen alll the other Dr.s an have tried everything else. He was surprised. but said will I guess you will have to live with it.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2010 | flag

One of the beat surgeons I've ever had work on my back. no one will ever touch me again but him.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2010 | flag

I had 2 visits with Dr Oxner for a broken wrist, and both times he came across as somebody who simply doesn't like his job. I asked questions and got only "yes" or "no" replies with no details, sometimes sarcasm, and never any useful information. I had to come home and do my own research to find out how long it will take to recover (up to a year or two!). Why couldn't he have taken 60 seconds to explain that to me? If I had a choice I would never return to him again.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2010 | flag

I spent 8 months with Dr's telling me there was nothing wrong until I went to another Dr. who ran test and then sent me to see Dr. Oxner. The first time I had a herniated dics in the L5-S1. He told me about the proceedure of removing half the disc. I stopped him and said the worst thing that could happen is that I would end up paralized and I could live with that. I had the first surgery removal of half the disc the right side it was great for about 3 months then the left side misbehaved, then I was bone on bone. I went back to see the Good Doctor and was booked for a spinal. Some say he doesn't give you a choice, I had a choice to have the fusion done or to live with the pain for as long as I could stand it basically. I am so glad that I had the fusion still in the first week post op.Moving alot more easily then before with only surgical pain that is to be expected. Can wait to hear that the bones are fusing Dr. Oxner is the best of the best and that is who you want working your spine

Submitted Aug. 19, 2010 | flag

my daughter age 22, recently had back surgery... she was to the point that she couldnt walk more than 20 feet at a time, and wasnt able to work for many years . Thanks to doctor oxner she has returned to work today, and starting a new life on her own .

Submitted July 12, 2010 | flag