Rate Dr. William Oxner

Dr. William Oxner's Ratings

I feel compelled to write a comment to share my outstanding experience with Doctor Oxner. I first saw him in March and was diagnosed with a herniated disc and considered an ideal candidate for surgery. Having enjoyed good health my whole life, I was reluctant to go that route and wanted to approach healing in a holistic way. Dr. Oxner respected my need to pursue that option and said to see in again in a month. My appointment was confirmed for exactly a month later. We had the same conversation and although his recommendation was still surgery, he said continue on with you course of action and come back in a month. I did and by that time, I had come to the conclusion that surgery was the correct way to go.

In each appointment Dr. Oxner was completely generous with his time and I felt that he genuinely was hearing me and working with my needs. I found him personable and sensitive to my situation.
As for the surgery, I can say without any hesitation that my experience with Doc Oxner and the entire surgical team that day was exemplary. During that day, and outside the surgery,Doc Oxner saw me 3 times. Firstly before surgery while I was being admitted to see if I had any questions and addressed the normality of my anxiety. Secondly while in recovery and thirdly as I was being discharged. He shook my hand and said to be sure not to hesitate to contact his office if I ever have any issues pertaining to my back.

I would highly recommend Dpctor Oxner, and while he might be my first experience with a surgeon, I certainly found him to be extremely thorough, personable with a sense of humor that gave me complete confidence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

I give him no stars. I have been injured for quite sometime. He has done surgery on me and still not better. His bed side manor is horrible. After surgery I went back to see him in a ambulance and he told me it was nothing wrong with me until a large amount a fluid came out of back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

I have to say, I came here to look at ratings for this doctor before going to see him and I was a little apprehensive. Some of the ratings made him sound a bit intimidating. However, I felt compelled to put up a rating after my experience for other people who may be coming here to look for some info on him. I have to say that Dr Oxner, spent all of the time he needed with me, he was very thorough, took time to talk through everything, examine me, and make some observations about my condition. He feels he is not the right specialist to treat me ( as he is a surgeon and I don't need surgery right now) so is referring me on, but he was attentive, knowledgeable, approachable, and easy to talk to , I found. He made me feel understood and taken seriously, and really I could have not asked for more. Thanks doc! Keep up the good work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

I would not recommend Dr. Oxner as he did not want my medical history and only spent a few minutes with me. Did not get any answers from except things like I don't know. Have major back problems for years, seen many specialist and told of major problems with my back and he told me nothing wrong with my back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

Dr Oxners people skills are as good as his medical skills andfrom my experience does care  a lot for his patient I consider myself lucky to have had him perform my surgery, I am now in the process of physio, pre surgery it was a strugle to perform simplest hygene tasks post surgery able to walk again and to care for myself and able to live life with didnity a simple thanks seams cheap for giving me my life back. So a million thanks greatful for ever!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802407].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

i am 16 years old and im getting back surgery, i have two herniated dics, dr. oxner was very good to me and booked my surgery so that i can get back to sports as soon as possible

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

dr. oxner was very pleasant and very helpful. he listened extremely well to everything i had to say.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I was in to see the first time an well that took 1 whole min. an said I need an MRI.After the MRI was back to see him again. well he didnt give me any answers more questions.!!! He dont seem to care. The only thing he did seem to worry about was his pager. When he is with a patient one would think the Dr. would focus all his attention to that person. I am really disappointed after I have seen lots of Dr.s over the yrs. An I can honestly say he is the worst of the lot.He then asks. what I had done before. Well I had seen alll the other Dr.s an have tried everything else. He was surprised. but said will I guess you will have to live with it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2010

One of the beat surgeons I've ever had work on my back. no one will ever touch me again but him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2010

I had 2 visits with Dr Oxner for a broken wrist, and both times he came across as somebody who simply doesn't like his job. I asked questions and got only "yes" or "no" replies with no details, sometimes sarcasm, and never any useful information. I had to come home and do my own research to find out how long it will take to recover (up to a year or two!). Why couldn't he have taken 60 seconds to explain that to me? If I had a choice I would never return to him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1802402].votes_count ]]